Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You're missing the point. If the events described in Exodus had taken place there 'would' be evidence recorded elsewhere, outside of the Bible. Don't you think?
Not necessarily. You’re talking about over 3,000 years ago.

But given your casual relationship with the truth, I’m not willing to accept no evidence exists and will look into it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Frantic Googling can be heard in the PB1002 household...
Anyone who accepts something you say at face value is, imo, quite foolish.

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Not necessarily. You’re talking about over 3,000 years ago.

But given your casual relationship with the truth, I’m not willing to accept no evidence exists and will look into it.
The plagues, the Exodus itself, the parting of the Red Sea, the drowning of the pursuing Egyptians?! etc etc

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The plagues, the Exodus itself, the parting of the Red Sea, the drowning of the pursuing Egyptians?! etc etc
Right. I know what is described in Exodus.

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Right. I know what is described in Exodus.
I'm pointing out the major events that would have been recorded/referenced outside of the Bible.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 22

@fmf said
So, are the "worse" and "better" translations a matter of personal opinion on your part?
They either reflect it as it was first written or not. I don’t get to twist a meaning into a personal preference as some like to do, due to the harshness of the meaning.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 22

@divegeester said
What are you basing this acceptance on and I presume the translation which you read also happens to be the one you think is best and mostly closely aligns with your version of the narrative?
No

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I'm pointing out the major events that would have been recorded/referenced outside of the Bible.
And how many people witnessed, for example, the parting of the Red Sea?

Obviously the Egyptians would have but they drowned. That leaves the fleeing Israelites who recorded it via Moses.

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
And how many people witnessed, for example, the parting of the Red Sea?

Obviously the Egyptians would have but they drowned. That leaves the fleeing Israelites who recorded it via Moses.
If that's the best you have I recommend you turn to Google.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
How is that garbage?

That’s presenting facts as they happened.

You would prefer a sanitized version of man’s history?
You are correct the truth is not hidden to make anyone look good. You get the good and bad, and from time to time you see why we a Savior because of the evil those following God do.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
If that's the best you have I recommend you turn to Google.
Why not just answer my question instead of resorting to snark?

Who witnessed the parting of the Red Sea?

You think CNN had a helicopter in the air covering it live and no one can produce the video footage?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You're missing the point. If the events described in Exodus had taken place there 'would' be evidence recorded elsewhere, outside of the Bible. Don't you think?
Why

Moves
08 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Why
Because Israelite history didn't take place in a vacuum.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Because Israelite history didn't take place in a vacuum.
Would be interesting to know how many sources exist for similarly significant events (referring to the Exodus) from that time period, but I’m not interested enough in knowing to find out.

Maybe somebody is.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
You are correct the truth is not hidden to make anyone look good. You get the good and bad, and from time to time you see why we a Savior because of the evil those following God do.
<<because of the evil those following God do.>>

Not to quibble but to clarify - they weren’t following God when they did evil.