Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Feb 22

@josephw said
Chihuahua
What is even more interesting about these kinds of comments, apart from the fact that it makes you look stupid, is that you do not know that.

ENGLAND

Moves
07 Feb 22

@josephw said
You can't handle the truth or you would have taken a few minutes to read the link.

You're afraid of the truth.
Post a précis of the content in your crappy link.

You can’t can you 😂

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
What is even more interesting about these kinds of comments, apart from the fact that it makes you look stupid, is that you do not know that.
Says the most prolific name caller in the forum.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Post a précis of the content in your crappy link.

You can’t can you 😂
I won't. But I'll give you this much.

"By the time he(Robert Dick Wilson) entered seminary,(at 15 years old) he was able to read the NT in nine languages. Prior to entering seminary, an old gentleman gave him a Hebrew-Latin dictionary, a Hebrew grammar, and an old Hebrew Bible. He learned Hebrew on his own and, going into seminary, took all the prizes in Hebrew. When asked how he did it, he replied, “I used my spare time.” He would take a Hebrew grammar with him when he went for walks and would read for about 15 minutes, or until he completely understood everything taught on that page. He described the process as being “unconscious of the labor, as a man is interested in his roses, and doesn’t think of the thorns.” He utilized this method to master Latin, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, biblical Aramaic, Syriac, Arabic, and others, twenty-six languages and dialects in all."

ENGLAND

Moves
07 Feb 22

@josephw said
I won't. But I'll give you this much.

"By the time he(Robert Dick Wilson) entered seminary,(at 15 years old) he was able to read the NT in nine languages. Prior to entering seminary, an old gentleman gave him a Hebrew-Latin dictionary, a Hebrew grammar, and an old Hebrew Bible. He learned Hebrew on his own and, going into seminary, took all the prizes in Hebrew. When asked ...[text shortened]... Portuguese, biblical Aramaic, Syriac, Arabic, and others, twenty-six languages and dialects in all."
That’s a very nice story about a man learning Hebrew and studying it earnestly.

I don’t see what relevance this one man’s academic journey is to the question in my OP.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 22

@divegeester said
That’s a very nice story about a man learning Hebrew and studying it earnestly.

I don’t see what relevance this one man’s academic journey is to the question in my OP.
Correct. You don't see.

Matthew 13:14
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Stay where you are then, marooned in your OP. Never knowing. Always assuming.

ENGLAND

Moves
08 Feb 22
1 edit

@josephw said

Matthew 13:14
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
Yes I’m aware of that scripture also, again, thanks.

On what basis would you try to convince someone that the contemporary Bible is 100% accurate, factual and without error?

ENGLAND

Moves
08 Feb 22

@josephw said

Stay where you are then, marooned in your OP. Never knowing. Always assuming.
“Marooned”

What on Earth are you on about?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Yes I’m aware of that scripture also, again, thanks.

On what basis would you try to convince someone that the contemporary Bible is 100% accurate, factual and without error?
Why not ask them to identify a single inaccuracy, false statement or error in the Holy Bible?

Then point out the scientific facts in the Holy Bible that were thousands of years ahead of man’s knowledge at the time and the accuracy of Messianic (and other) prophecies.

ENGLAND

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Why not ask them to identify a single inaccuracy, false statement or error in the Holy Bible?
Ask who?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Ask who?
Whoever you’re trying to convince that the Holy Bible is “100% accurate, factual and without error.”

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 22
1 edit

@rajk999 said
The bible is not more authoritative than Christ.
You get Christ from the Bible; without it, how would you know anything at all about Jesus Christ? From the OT predictions to those who walked with Him, from those who walked with those who knew Him, to Luke who researched it all even from a Gentile perspective. The very thing you go to see what Jesus said and did you call into question? Then there is the whole Jesus is the Word of God; if He is the Word, and scriptures are considered coming from God, you again throw it all out and say only a handful of quotes are worth keeping?

ENGLAND

Moves
08 Feb 22
4 edits

A short article on Biblical inerrancy:

The Bible itself does not claim to be inerrant. Perhaps the closest the Bible comes to claiming to be without error is in a New Testament letter known as 2 Timothy 3:16. In this letter, the apostle Paul states that “all scripture is inspired and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.” In other words, the Bible is God’s authoritative instruction for the church.

Biblical scholars are quick to point out that “all scripture” here does not likely refer to both the Old and New Testaments, and that the apostle Paul likely did not even write 2 Timothy. This verse, however, remains central to those who see the Bible as without error.

The doctrine of inerrancy is more post-biblical, even modern. And it has been particularly influential among U.S. evangelicals, who often appeal to the doctrine of inerrancy in arguments against gender equality, social justice, critical race theory and other causes thought to violate the God’s infallible word.

The doctrine of inerrancy took shape during the 19th and 20th centuries in the United States. A statement crafted in 1978 by hundreds of evangelical leaders remains its fullest articulation. Known as the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy, the statement was a response to emerging “liberal” or nonliteral interpretations of the Bible. According to the statement, the Bible speaks with “infallible divine authority in all matters upon which it touches.”

In short, the Bible is the final authority.

As Southern Baptists and other American evangelicals attempt to articulate biblical positions on issues such as social justice, abortion, gender and sexuality, one thing remains certain: Even a Bible thought to be without errors still has to be interpreted.”

https://theconversation.com/what-is-biblical-inerrancy-a-new-testament-scholar-explains-163613

ENGLAND

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Whoever you’re trying to convince that the Holy Bible is “100% accurate, factual and without error.”
I’m not doing that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 22

@moonbus said
This is a point I have made countless times in other threads here, but I guess it has to be repeated yet again. The Bible is a snapshot in time, frozen at the 4th c. Not everything in it is morally defensible now; there are things in it no sane person, Christian or otherwise, should believe or put into practise. (Ex. 22:18 a case in point -- despite what Jesus said, namely, " ...[text shortened]... e.

This is not my personal opinion; it has been official doctrine since the time of the Apostles.
I agree that the Bible is a snapshot in time, yet it speaks about the beginning and the end. It is also filled with things that would not be considered acceptable today, but getting to the place we are today was shaped by those things in the scriptures too; it is, in my opinion, the most inspirational book in human history, outselling all others and studied more changing lives and through those lives countries and so on. The central figure is Jesus Christ, whose humble beginnings should have had his name swallowed up in history and forgotten; instead, we divide time by His birth, and much of the world has something to say about His life.