1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 12:19
    Proper Knob is not without a point. I cannot speak for all who take a position that God does not exist. Some of you athiests have an experience that I know nothing about.
  2. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 15:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Ask a hindu-they are more knowledgeable about such things.
    I may relate a parable of Hindu spiritual lore. A yogi,after doing prescribed penance for 14 years gained the miraculous power of walking on water. He went to see another Sadhak ( a person on the path of realisation of God ) and boasted of the power. The Sadhak replied that this was a 2 anna power,one anna being the currency unit equal to one sixteenth of the Rupee. He explained that with 2 anna payment to the boatman,one can cross any river. The yogi would have realised God after intense devotion to God for 14 years. The true miracle is to realise God.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 19:47
    Jesus Christ, from one persepective is very special.
    But from another angle Jesus Christ is most NORMAL.

Christ is what God meant by human being.
    Jesus is normal. It is fallen man who has fallen so low that Jesus Christ appears to us a great enigma.

Jesus Christ is what MAN was meant to be in the heart of God - the Normal Man.
    Since we have fallen from God's eternal purpose, Jesus Christ is our Savior to bring us back to what was NORMAL in the heart of the Creator God.
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 23:49
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    I may relate a parable of Hindu spiritual lore. A yogi,after doing prescribed penance for 14 years gained the miraculous power of walking on water. He went to see another Sadhak ( a person on the path of realisation of God ) and boasted of the power. The Sadhak replied that this was a 2 anna power,one anna being the currency unit equal to one sixteenth of ...[text shortened]... ave realised God after intense devotion to God for 14 years. The true miracle is to realise God.
    What is this, a yarn about exchange rates to cross the river Styx, as told by the High Priest Non Sequitur? Are you sure the sentences are in the correct order?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 00:51
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    He walked on water, turned water into wine, made water come out of a rock etc etc... I put the question to you... Can not magicians of today appear to walk on water, turn water into wine and make water come out of a rock? Can not magicians of today make elephants dissappear and escape from the most challenging of predicaments?

I, personally, can turn wine into water... I must be a messiah!
    One thing that makes Jesus special is his status as a zombie.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 00:57
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    He walked on water, turned water into wine, made water come out of a rock etc etc... I put the question to you... Can not magicians of today appear to walk on water, turn water into wine and make water come out of a rock? Can not magicians of today make elephants dissappear and escape from the most challenging of predicaments?

I, personally, can turn wine into water... I must be a messiah!
    I tell you what, lets let people kill you on a cross and after being dead three
    days come back to life and we will discuss how important a person you really
    are.
    Kelly
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 01:08
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]I think the atheist first desires to think that there is no God.

I think it is quite clear you have no idea what an atheist thinks. It is a theme which pops up every now and again in your posts, as of yet i have seen nothing from you which resembles how i as an atheist thinks.[/b]
    I think Atheist define themselves about there not being a God or gods. As they
    declare their thoughts that is the one theme of the Atheist to acknowledge that
    God is NOT real possibilty or even likely. They cannot define themselves as an
    Aheist any more if they even claim there is evidence for God so they cannot
    even be open to that. It is in their make up to be against such thoughts, so they
    are at all times, quite a bias.
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 04:41
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    What is this, a yarn about exchange rates to cross the river Styx, as told by the High Priest Non Sequitur? Are you sure the sentences are in the correct order?
    Soothfast, I repeat that the essence of the story was that the miraculous power was not worth even the small payment to the boatman and that it is far better to try to realise God than to acquire miraculous powers. Got it ?
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 04:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 04:53
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Soothfast, I repeat that the essence of the story was that the miraculous power was not worth even the small payment to the boatman and that it is far better to try to realise God than to acquire miraculous powers. Got it ?
    I don't know. It would be pretty cool to be able to shoot force-lightning out of my fingers like Emperor Palpatine...
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 12:311 edit
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    ===================================
    ====================================

I think you have made this claim before.

And I repeat the reply written before. Jesus throughout His whole life, both before and after His resurrection displayed a level of self control which no other human has even displayed.

You have no way near the amount of self control that Jesus manifested.
    You are driven to do what you don't really want to do.
    You fail to perform what you would like to perform.

You are much more of a zombie then Jesus was.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 09:52
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==========================
    I think it is quite clear you have no idea what an atheist thinks.
    ===========================

No possible idea ?
    Do you think I never entertained the thought that "I" was it and that was ALL ?

Granted, I cannot speak for all atheists. But at the same time you should not think I came ...[text shortened]... houghts of there being no God are protected behind proud and high walls of reason.[/b]
    No possible idea ?

Anything is possible, but as i said, i have seen nothing from you which resembles how i as an atheist thinks. Maybe one day you will.

Granted, I cannot speak for all atheists.

You can speak for all atheists as much as i can speak for all Christians.

But you know I am enfluenced by the Book which I am convinced is the word of God to man.

But you know i am not influenced by the Bible, so i'm not quite sure why you are quoting scripture to me.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 10:03
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I think Atheist define themselves about there not being a God or gods. As they
    declare their thoughts that is the one theme of the Atheist to acknowledge that
    God is NOT real possibilty or even likely. They cannot define themselves as an
    Aheist any more if they even claim there is evidence for God so they cannot
    even be open to that. It is in their make up to be against such thoughts, so they
    are at all times, quite a bias.
    Kelly
    I think Atheist define themselves about there not being a God or gods.

I'm not even sure what that means?! But i notice it's a theme which you have brought up in a debate with rwingnett before. So i'll restate what rwingnett told you, my atheism does not define me, it simply means i don't believe in God(s). That is all. Apart from a few debates on this website discussing my views on certain topics my atheism is rarely brought up in my normal day to day life. I don't go to any atheist meetings or 'sermons', i have two books on the topic in my flat, i have more books on chess than i do on atheism.

As for the rest of your post it's not legible. It just comes across as the ravings of a mad man.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 12:17
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]I think Atheist define themselves about there not being a God or gods.

I'm not even sure what that means?! But i notice it's a theme which you have brought up in a debate with rwingnett before. So i'll restate what rwingnett told you, my atheism does not define me, it simply means i don't believe in God(s). That is all. Apart from a few debates ...[text shortened]... he rest of your post it's not legible. It just comes across as the ravings of a mad man.[/b]
    It means what again? I'm sorry how did you define yourself?
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 18:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It means what again? I'm sorry how did you define yourself?
    Kelly
    I'm not sure what you're going an about Kelly, if you don't understand re-read the thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree