Why much of the bible cannot be taken literally

Why much of the bible cannot be taken literally

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
You once again saying what I believe as you apologize for saying what I believe. Just stop while you are ahead, I don’t think you know how to apologize for things you do wrong, even when you try to.
You are an odd little man.

I’ve never met someone so adamant about what they believe is truth, and yet so furtive and evasive about what it is they believe.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jan 23

@divegeester said
You are an odd little man.

I’ve never met someone so adamant about what they believe is truth, and yet so furtive and evasive about what it is they believe.
You are forever missing the point!

F

Moves
07 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
And by saying this, you are not being honest, KellyJay.

Moves
07 Jan 23

@kellyjay said
I think my post is spot on the point.

What is it you think I’m missing?

mlb62

Moves
29 Jan 23

We have religions because aliens from other worlds landed here !! We thought they must have been Gods but they were just regular aliens. Like they greys

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Jan 23

@mlb62 said
We have religions because aliens from other worlds landed here !! We thought they must have been Gods but they were just regular aliens. Like they greys
You are right. (Obviously not about the aliens).

Things beyond our understanding were given divine status. (Whether that be the planets or an erupting volcano). It was a way to give meaning and negate fear and hopelessness.

mlb62

Moves
31 Jan 23

@Ghost-of-a-Duke
if you (and others here) would bother to read The Book of Enoch, you will see the truth and learn exactly about the aliens and even their ships !!

F

Moves
31 Jan 23

@mlb62 said
if you (and others here) would bother to read The Book of Enoch, you will see the truth and learn exactly about the aliens and even their ships !!
On what basis do you claim that The Book of Enoch contains "the truth"?

Moves
31 Jan 23

@mlb62 said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
I’ve seen “The Book of Eli” and could tell it was complete fiction just by viewing it.