Why much of the bible cannot be taken literally

Why much of the bible cannot be taken literally

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Dec 22

@divegeester said
I’m talking to you about your beliefs which, as FMF said, you now find yourself not wanting to talk about.
You are talking about what you think my beliefs are, I don't care a twit what FMF
says about anything.

F

Moves
24 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
You are talking about what you think my beliefs are, I don't care a twit what FMF
says about anything.
I think your beliefs are what you have been stating them to be, here, for the last 15 years or so.

But as soon as anyone addresses them or restates them ~ and scrutinizes them ~ you become peculiarly furtive, just as you are being now.

As for your inability to cope with any of my observations and questions, and your huffy prideful silence [i.e. your "ministry" in this public space, I suppose] it's all part of the discourse, whether you like it or not.

You make a big song and dance about how your life is "filled" with Jesus and how you are "right with your God figure.

Presumably, these beliefs about yourself are responsible for your lack of character in this marketplace of ideas and your lamentable communication skills.

F

Moves
24 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
I don't care a twit what FMF
says about anything.
I don't care a twit what FMF says about anything.

By contrast, I AM interested in what you say, and have been interested for many years; that's why the way your wheels have completely fallen off this year {2022] has been such a disappointment.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Dec 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
says about anything.
I know what your beliefs about the bible are and I know why you have suddenly become furtive and evasive about being a witness for them. It’s now become one of the most interesting facets of your dogmatic pride-filled religiosity and one which I will be exploring with you in 2023.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Dec 22
2 edits

Note #1

It is really interesting that for years in here, the likes of KellyJay, sonship and Josephw have vilified me for upholding my personal opinion that the bible is NOT the complete, inerrant and exclusive word of God.

And yet now we suddenly have KellyJay point blank refusing to confirm or deny wether or not the bible is the inerrant word of God, whether it is the complete word of God, and wether it is the exclusive word of God. Now why would this be I wonder.

Fascinating intellectually and spiritually dishonest behaviour.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Dec 22

Note #2

It is good to know (good fun) that I won’t be challenged by KellyJay for assertion that the bible is not the complete, inerrant and exclusive word of god and there for my position of arguing against his monstrous torturing version of god will be effectively a given.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Dec 22

Note #3

I predict that with regard to the bible being or not being the complete, inerrant and exclusive word of god, KellyJay will shield himself behind the tub-thumping of Josephw who, once he has seen the corner into which KellyJay has painted himself of this matter, will (when he’s here) become incensed with me and dial up his zealotry and abuse of my alleged heresy.

You heard it here first.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Dec 22

@divegeester said
I know what your beliefs about the bible are and I know why you have suddenly become furtive and evasive about being a witness for them. It’s now become one of the most interesting facets of your dogmatic pride-filled religiosity and one which I will be exploring with you in 2023.
Again, it is all what you think, dive, nothing beyond that.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
Again, it is all what you think, dive, nothing beyond that.
No, as I said, it is absolutely spot on based on your posting here.

Please correct me where I am wrong.
Be specific and unequivocal, thanks.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Dec 22

@divegeester said
No, as I said, it is absolutely spot on based on your posting here.

Please correct me where I am wrong.
Be specific and unequivocal, thanks.
It is what you say it is because it is how you look at it, you have concluded and without checking with me to know exactly what I think, you have been saying it as if true, pronouncing it as if true, without getting specific answers from me. You even bring this up in other threads talking about me as if I live rent-free in your head. It is sad to get a life dive.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Dec 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
It is what you say it is because it is how you look at it, you have concluded and without checking with me to know exactly what I think, you have been saying it as if true, pronouncing it as if true, without getting specific answers from me.
You have consistently maintained over maybe 15 years that the bible is without error and that it is the only written source of God’s word.

Please let me know if this isn’t what you believe.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
It is sad to get a life dive.
The only thing that is “sad” KellyJay, is to watch you squirm like this, denying your own beliefs in a dead-end tactic of trying to avoid questions about your lack of evidence for them.

Very sad actually.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Dec 22

@divegeester said
You have consistently maintained over maybe 15 years that the bible is without error and that it is the only written source of God’s word.

I again will defend anything I say in the context of my words, you should at least quote me when you want me to defend my stance, instead, you put words in my mouth and act as if your opinion of my thoughts are my thoughts.

You simply announce your opinions as if they are a factual representation of my views when it comes to what I think as if you know, you do not. Instead of apologizing for your misrepresentation of me, you double down and in other threads, I have nothing to do with bringing up my name as if anyone else cares what you think about me! Why would you do that, childish dive, not respectful, and simply untrue, you are about as disrespectful a person as I have ever run into.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
I again will defend anything I say in the context of my words, you should at least quote me when you want me to defend my stance, instead, you put words in my mouth and act as if your opinion of my thoughts are my thoughts.

You simply announce your opinions as if they are a factual representation of my views when it comes to what I think as if you know, you do not. Inste ...[text shortened]... not respectful, and simply untrue, you are about as disrespectful a person as I have ever run into.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Dec 22

@divegeester said

Your words, not mine.