Why much of the bible cannot be taken literally

Why much of the bible cannot be taken literally

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
Depending upon what is true or not you may be the one disconnected from reality.
What makes you think Moonbus is wrong and you are right?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
Show me where I have said these things before, you speak about my beliefs as if
you know them. You cannot produce those quotes, yet you speak as if you know
which is what you do when speaking about the Bible, taking text and making it
what you want.
I know your beliefs based on what you e been posting in this forum for years and years.

Your beliefs about the bible include it being the exclusive, complete and inerrant word of God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Dec 22

@divegeester said
I know your beliefs based on what you e been posting in this forum for years and years.

Your beliefs about the bible include it being the exclusive, complete and inerrant word of God.
Your words, not mine.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
Your words, not mine.
Of course, you couldn’t construct a sentence as concise as that.

Nevertheless it is perfectly accurate.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Dec 22

@divegeester said
Of course, you couldn’t construct a sentence as concise as that.

Nevertheless it is perfectly accurate.
Your words, describe what you think as if that is the only truth in the universe. Of course, it is perfectly accurate, to you, you and your opinion are the only ones that matter to your opinion.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
Your words, describe what you think as if that is the only truth in the universe. Of course, it is perfectly accurate, to you, you and your opinion are the only ones that matter to your opinion.
It perfectly describes your belief about the bible.

If I’m wrong please feel free to find the courage to say so.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Dec 22

@divegeester said
It perfectly describes your belief about the bible.

If I’m wrong please feel free to find the courage to say so.
How can you be wrong about what I think if the only truth source you care about is what you think? You made up quotes I didn’t say and made claims according to how you view it, I am not required for any of that.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
How can you be wrong about what I think if the only truth source you care about is what you think? You made up quotes I didn’t say and made claims according to how you view it, I am not required for any of that.
I am absolutely 100% totally bang on that you believe that the bible is

a) inerrant
b) complete
c) exclusively

The word of god.

Aren’t I ?

😆

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Dec 22

This is hilarious.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Dec 22

@divegeester said
I am absolutely 100% totally bang on that you believe that the bible is

a) inerrant
b) complete
c) exclusively

The word of god.

Aren’t I ?

😆
It is what you believe about me, all of this is internal to you as you alone are your source.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
It is what you believe about me, all of this is internal to you as you alone are your source.
It’s based on what you have been posting here for years and is totally accurate.

What evidence do you have to support your belief that the bible is the inerrant word of God?

F

Moves
23 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
Are there any characters in the Bible depicted as being backed into a corner [like you have been] where they refuse to testify to what they believe?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Dec 22

@fmf said
Are there any characters in the Bible depicted as being backed into a corner [like you have been] where they refuse to testify to what they believe?
😆

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Dec 22

@divegeester said
It’s based on what you have been posting here for years and is totally accurate.

What evidence do you have to support your belief that the bible is the inerrant word of God?
And still instead of talking to me about it you make an announcement proclaiming what you think I believe and tell me to defend your opinion!

You have no problem talking about me telling everyone you have the evidence for what you think about me, yet the truth about the origin of the universe and life, that is a different kind of faith. You do seem to have different standards for faith when it’s your positions in life.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Dec 22

@kellyjay said
And still instead of talking to me about it you make an announcement proclaiming what you think I believe and tell me to defend your opinion!

You have no problem talking about me telling everyone you have the evidence for what you think about me, yet the truth about the origin of the universe and life, that is a different kind of faith. You do seem to have different standards for faith when it’s your positions in life.
I’m talking to you about your beliefs which, as FMF said, you now find yourself not wanting to talk about.