1. Cosmos
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 06:41
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Go check your list HG, and btw how can you determine if somebody is a Christian or not, you closed-minded atheist bigot...
    "how can you determine if somebody is a Christian or not" - don't you even know this?

Does your ignorance know no bounds?!?!? 😏
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 07:35
    Originally posted by howardgee
    "how can you determine if somebody is a Christian or not" - don't you even know this?

Does your ignorance know no bounds?!?!? 😏
    "how can you determine if somebody is a Christian or not"

You seem to be incapable of proving it HG; you only list that they disagreed with contemporary church teachings. Please, even I do that, does that disqualify me from being a Christian? Unless you can substantiate on how exactly you determine it, your little ad hominem is further proof that you are just tossing yet another red herring to detract from you inability to define a disqualification from Christianity.
  3. Cosmos
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 07:59
    [b]"how can you determine if somebody is a Christian or not"

You seem to be incapable of proving it HG; you only list that they disagreed with contemporary church teachings. Please, even I do that, does that disqualify me from being a Christian? Unless you can substantiate on how exactly you determine it, your little ad hominem is further proof tha ...[text shortened]... nother red herring to detract from you inability to define a disqualification from Christianity.[/b]
    I am not discriminating against merely Christians...my argument is against any religious person who spends time in prayer or worship.

You are a Christian, so should really be able to define for yourself what it is you are.
    Need a hand?
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 08:021 edit
    I am not discriminating against merely Christians...my argument is against any religious person who spends time in prayer or worship.

You are a Christian, so should really be able to define for yourself what it is you are.
    Need a hand?
    I'm talking about your new thread which distinctly mentions Xtianity, so sorry, the burden of proof is all yours.
  5. Cosmos
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 08:32
    I'm talking about your new thread which distinctly mentions Xtianity, so sorry, the burden of proof is all yours.
    Nah.

The list came from a Xtian site.

Still want me to define you and your ilk for you?
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 08:381 edit
    Nah.

The list came from a Xtian site.

How many times do I have to say it, not all the people on my list are from that site...

Define how one is not a follower of Christ and His teachings (my simplified definition of a Christian) if you have a difference with comtemporary church teachings, please. You are dodging the question for the last 2 hours.
  7. Cosmos
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 08:55
    How many times do I have to say it, not all the people on my list are from that site...

[b]Still want me to define you and your ilk for you?

Define how one is not a follower of Christ and His teachings (my simplified definition of a Christian) if you have a difference with comtemporary church teachings, please. You are dodging the question for the last 2 hours.[/b]
    Errmmm OK.

One is not a follower of Christ and His teachings if one does not follow Christ and His teachings.

Good enough for you?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 09:391 edit
    Errmmm OK.

One is not a follower of Christ and His teachings if one does not follow Christ and His teachings.

Good enough for you?
    So how does the following of Christs' teachings cause you not to do something constructive with your life and waste your time?

Edit: Can't you see that you are talking in so many circles that it seems your head is already spinning?
  9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 09:57
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    So how does the following of Christs' teachings cause you not to do something constructive with your life and waste your time?
    Well, a person might sit around obsessing about the hereafter & coming clean with their Maker rather than getting on with life. Teh same would be true for anyone haunted by abstraction. Balance is obviously required.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 10:171 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Well, a person might sit around obsessing about the hereafter & coming clean with their Maker rather than getting on with life. Teh same would be true for anyone haunted by abstraction. Balance is obviously required.
    What do you mean with 'getting on with life'?

So do you regard 'getting on with life' as doing something constructive?
  11. Cosmos
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 10:28
    What do you mean with 'getting on with life'?

So do you regard 'getting on with life' as doing something constructive?
    I am not surprised you do not know much about this.

Hint: it's NOT sitting around reading the bible.
  12. Joined
    10 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 11:41
    All those hours spent praying to God and praising him are completely wasted.

If God doesn't exist, then clearly it is a waste of time.

Even if you believe that he does exist, then realise that it is still a waste of time:

1. God is supposed to be omniscient, so he knows if you love him or not and he knows your problems without you having to pray ...[text shortened]... ny more of your precious time in prayer or worship.

DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE WITH YOUR LIFE!
    I am not much of a church goer, or prayer person. I do pray a bit though. I do believe many Christians spend time praying for others, and the world etc. its not all about praising God as you seem to think. Much of Christian gatherings are about the community, serving those in need etc. its not all "sucking up". I don't consider myself Christain, but I see no problem respecting others beliefs. however, I see no problem respecting others in general. sadly from much of your posting, you don't seem to see a need to respect anyone but yourself.
  13. Joined
    10 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 11:48
    Whilst a handful of Christians being constructive in no way undermines my argument that in general religious people waste their lives, you may be interested in my new thread:

"List of 'constructive' Christians - debunked. "

I hope you enjoy learning about the people named in your cut 'n' paste lists, Halitosis and PRatX.
    My sister is a devout Catholic and spends much of her time in service to the poor. she travels to south America several times a year and provides food and medical care. She has a very large group she goes with and they are some of the happiest most fulfilled people I know.they spend there lives helping others build their community. Helping and caring for others...this would be wasting time to you huh? You must be a very sad man.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '05 11:52
    I am not surprised you do not know much about this.

Hint: it's NOT sitting around reading the bible.
    You need to get out more if you think that all Chritians do the whole day is sitting around reading the Bible.

I am afaid that you just continue to prove to everybody that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
  15. Cosmos
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 05:53
    You need to get out more if you think that all Chritians do the whole day is sitting around reading the Bible.

I am afaid that you just continue to prove to everybody that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    I was referring to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree