1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 11:23
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Recall something about a 13 month year.

Wonder what they call it.

Let's see, we have September, Ocotober, November, December...
    How about Chandlber....

Good. Fit me inbetween June and July.
    i think we should call it Robtober!
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 13:42
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Have you heard the the theory that there used to be 13 months? (13 twenty-eight day months). This fits in perfectly with the 365 days divided by 28. It was related to the female fertility cycle. The ruling male class didn't like it so thay changed it.
    Ermmm,...........13 x 28 = 364.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 16:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Because really obnoxious Christians would bombard the Debates forum with propaganda spam until they were banned from doing so and sent here instead.
    And then really obnoxious psychohistorians get a chance to bombard the discussion with spam, thus rendering the whole experiment moot.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 17:36
    You cannot say there is no God. There might be.
    Best to hedge your bets.
    So I take it you visit a Mosque occasionally as part of your 'bet hedging' plan?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 17:40
    Because really obnoxious Christians would bombard the Debates forum with propaganda spam until they were banned from doing so and sent here instead.
    Or because people see spirituality in all areas of life and when they brought it up it
    was to the consternation of those whose world view claims the is no such thing as
    the spiritual so they complained to the point of causing this to be made to placate
    the thin skinned among us who do not like seeing God or spiritual topics discussed
    by those whose views they not only disagree with but loathe.

Or a nicer way of saying it was a large enough topic that deserved its own place
    on the chess site.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 23:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    all women menstruate exactly every four weeks??
    How about the cycle of the moon then....?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 23:042 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Ermmm,...........13 x 28 = 364.
    Closer than 12 months. Plus its probably 28.85 days, or something like that.
    Do you know why the ancients were so seemingly obsessed with astrology?

The story in the movie "He died with a fellafel in his hand" ,(great aussie flick), suggests that on the 13th mo(o)nth the king had to be sacrificed to ensure they had a fruitful harvest next season. The men didn't like it so they changed the tradition.
    I get a strong feeling from that story. Maybe its false, but the fact that women were surpressed is true.
    Who was Mary Magdeline? a whore?
    That other silly movie has kind of ruined it, the one with Tom Hanks...Holy Grail crap...whatever..froget the name.
    To me this has been the history of christianity in a word-disinformation. The truth sounds soooo good , you can omit and add a few things and none of the plebs will notice
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 23:18
    Originally posted by Hopster
    Is it because there are so many right wing God fearing Americans on here?

This is a chess site and has a limited number of forums. Yet the powers that be decree that it is worthy of a forum based on spirituality. To put it in contrast, art, literature, music, computers are all roped into culture.
    count the threads. the numbers justify themselves .
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 23:21
    Recall something about a 13 month year.

Wonder what they call it.

Let's see, we have September, Ocotober, November, December...
    How about Chandlber....

Good. Fit me inbetween June and July.
    Also the days were named after celestial bodies. SUNday. MO(O)nday. SATUR(N)day.
    Thats as far as I got
  10. weedhopper
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 23:35
    Not to mention the blowhard atheists who constantly stick their noses into the Spirituality forums. There are ideologues of every stripe.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 23:44
    How about the cycle of the moon then....?
    yes there are many ancient societies which use a lunar calendar, the ancient Israelites are just one example.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 23:53
    yes there are many ancient societies which use a lunar calendar, the ancient Israelites are just one example.
    Face it Rob-God is yonic,not phallic. Its a cover up.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 00:001 edit
    Face it Rob-God is yonic,not phallic. Its a cover up.
    no, its just different calenders, i mean, Muslims use a different one, as do the Chinese, whether the lunar cycle has its roots in some type of matriarchal goddess worship, i think is plausible, but id need to see more specific evidence. That the ancient church has changed specific days or customs to suit some nefarious purpose i don't think is in dispute, take Sunday for example, as the day of so called, Christian worship, it was changed primarily because of anti Semitism. even today, the names of the week betray a totally pagan past, Fri, from Friday, the wife of Odin, Wednesday, from Wodens day (Odin), Thursday, Thors day, Norse God of thunder etc,

God is a spirit Karoly, neither male nor female.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 00:05
    no, its just different calenders, i mean, Muslims use a different one, as do the Chinese, whether the lunar cycle has its roots in some type of matriarchal goddess worship, i think is plausible, but id need to see more specific evidence. That the ancient church has changed specific days or customs to suit some nefarious purpose i don't think is in d ...[text shortened]... ay, Thors day, Norse God of thunder etc,

God is a spirit Karoly, neither male nor female.
    Yes, but it is yonic in nature. We enter into it, like sperm. It waits for us, like a parent with open arms. It is not a manipulative, do-as-I-say phallic-type god that tells us what to do.
    😲
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 00:131 edit
    Yes, but it is yonic in nature. We enter into it, like sperm. It waits for us, like a parent with open arms. It is not a manipulative, do-as-I-say phallic-type god that tells us what to do.
    😲
    ummm, i what can i say, each to their own, i prefer the analogy of a butterfly, a complete metamorphosis. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree