1. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 16:29
    Males have an X and a Y chromosome while females have two Xs. Jesus is the son of Mary and God. Mary has two X chromosomes and God (the father) has none. Where did Jesus get his Y chromosome from?
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 18:431 edit
    Originally posted by Phil Hill
    Males have an X and a Y chromosome while females have two Xs. Jesus is the son of Mary and God. Mary has two X chromosomes and God (the father) has none. Where did Jesus get his Y chromosome from?
    Scientific knowledge has encreased many fold since the last 2,000 years. If the second coming of Christ should tarry perhaps scienctific knowledge will encrease many fold times in the next few hundred years.

Therefore there are really multiple eras and varied ages of mankind to whom God wants to cummunicate His message.

This utterance of the word of God is adaquate to give us the essential truth over multiple ages and varied levels of knowledge -

"But Mary said to the angelk, How ill this be, since I have not known a man ?

And the angel answered and said to her, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore also the holy thing which is born will be called the Son of God." (Luke 1:34,35)

Mary had her questions relevant to her era. And we may have our questions relevant to our era. And 500 years from now if knowledge encreases more people may have their questions related to their era.

Too all these generations God has told us that the miraculous occured. The "power of the Most High" Creator God overshadowed this woman. And by a miracle the Son of God was conceived and born with whatever chromosomes were appropriate for a typical human man to have. And also with whatever aspects of human life which we may only know in the science of the future.

Whether the question is "How will this be, since I have not known a man ?" or "How will this be since Mary only had X chromosomes?" the essential explanation is adaquate - The power of the Most High God overshadowed whatever Mary was, limitations and all. And the holy thing which miraculously came into being will be called "the Son of God".

The power of the Most High God accomplished what was needed to be accomplished.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 18:47
    The Holy Spirit. Duh! 😵
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 18:56
    Why ask "Why Y?" Try Bud Dry.
  5. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 20:55
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Scientific knowledge has encreased many fold since the last 2,000 years. If the second coming of Christ should tarry perhaps scienctific knowledge will encrease many fold times in the next few hundred years.

Therefore there are really multiple eras and varied ages of mankind to whom God wants to cummunicate His message.

This utterance of the word o ...[text shortened]... .

The power of the Most High God accomplished what was needed to be accomplished.
    All fluff and no answer.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 21:181 edit
    All fluff and no answer.
    The Y chromosome was probably miraculously provided smart guy. That was my answer.

I think I answered your question. I may have also told you stuff you didn't want to know. But you will find your answer in that post, if you really want it.

Your question is like Mary's question. A little alteration in details according to more advanced knowledge of biology. But basically it is the same kind of question.

"How can this be ?"

And you got your answer. Probably an answer that you don't want. The virgin birth of the Son of God was a miracle.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 21:203 edits
    Okay Mr. Phil Hill. Let's let you do a little heavy lifting in this answering of little questions on this Forum.

My question to you -

What is the real meaning of you being alive in this universe ? And why are you here existing in this world ?

( I want your answer. For I know probably a few posters will rush in to speak their thoughts about it. What do you say about yourself? )
  8. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 21:25
    Okay Mr. Phil Hill. Let's let you do a little heavy lifting in answering questions on this Forum.

My question to you -

What is the real meaning of you being alive in this universe ? And why are you here ?

( I want your answer. For I know probably a few posters will rush in to speak their thoughts about it. What do you say about yourself? )
    My answer to you is that is another topic for another thread. I am not going to play your Christian game of merry-go-topic. Either answer the question, stay on topic or kindly refrain from polluting the thread with nonsense.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 21:28
    My answer to you is that is another topic for another thread. I am not going to play your Christian game of merry-go-topic. Either answer the question, stay on topic or kindly refrain from polluting the thread with nonsense.
    There is such comfort in evasion.
  10. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 21:30
    There is such comfort in evasion.
    Do you understand what a topic is or are you just one of those arrogant Christians who thinks the universe revolves around them or is the correct term troll?
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 21:39
    Do you understand what a topic is or are you just one of those arrogant Christians who thinks the universe revolves around them or is the correct term troll?
    I understand it wasn't much of a problem to you when you spouted off God rested on a topic about free will.

Only if they drink Red Bull

Does any of this change that it says he rested?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 21:561 edit
    Numbnuts, the answer is the Holy Spirit. Duh.

P.S. Where do you think the first man, Adam, got the X and a Y chromosome?
  13. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 22:28
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Numbnuts, the answer is the Holy Spirit. Duh.

P.S. Where do you think the first man, Adam, got the X and a Y chromosome?
    From their parents, who got it from their parents and so on down the line. Anybody that believes in the reality of Adam and Eve in this day and age is deluding themselves.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 23:31
    From their parents, who got it from their parents and so on down the line. Anybody that believes in the reality of Adam and Eve in this day and age is deluding themselves.
    Well, you asked the question about Jesus and Mary his mother and God. What kind of answer do you expect to get on a Spirituality Forum? We Christians believe the birth of Jesus was a miracle just like the creation of mankind. Ask that question on the Science Form if you want a different kind of answer.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Aug '12 00:35
    My question to you - What is the real meaning of you being alive in this universe ? And why are you here existing in this world ?
    Why the change of topic?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree