Why Y?

Why Y?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Aug 12

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Phil Hill
Males have an X and a Y chromosome while females have two Xs. Jesus is the son of Mary and God. Mary has two X chromosomes and God (the father) has none. Where did Jesus get his Y chromosome from?
You have just exposed another illogical fallacy in the bible.
Of course "God" was not the father. Anyone that believes in a virgin birth solely on the authority of the bible is a nutter in my book. Usually such outlandish claims have to be backed up by more than one source.
anyway, whats the point of the virgin birth? to show that JC was special?
you gotta be kidding me. Thats the sort of "special" you would tell a kid.
If JC was special, then it was for his resistance to the powers that be of the time and the lessons that he taught through living them as well.
Being the son of a virgin is utter nonsense and whether it is true or not doesn't matter in the slightest. (Only to some Christians maybe, who see it as a sign that he was "special" 😛 )

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Aug 12

All fluff and no answer.
hehe...good one 😉

(and thats one of his less fluffy pieces)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Aug 12

Originally posted by jaywill
The Y chromosome was probably miraculously provided smart guy. That was my answer.

I think I answered your question. I may have also told you stuff you didn't want to know. But you will find your answer in that post, if you really want it.

Your question is like Mary's question. A little alteration in details according to more advanced knowledge of b ...[text shortened]... . Probably an answer that you don't want. The virgin birth of the Son of God was a miracle.
You believe that? (the virgin birth) And if so , why?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Aug 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
You have just exposed another illogical fallacy in the bible.
Of course "God" was not the father. Anyone that believes in a virgin birth solely on the authority of the bible is a nutter in my book. Usually such outlandish claims have to be backed up by more than one source.
anyway, whats the point of the virgin birth? to show that JC was special?
yo ...[text shortened]... lightest. (Only to some Christians maybe, who see it as a sign that he was "special" 😛 )
What is the point of the virgin birth? Really? Did you really ask that?

Only one of the cornerstones of our faith. That Christ was born without sin.

So maybe you could ease off a little in your blasphemy, please.

😞

F

Moves
18 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
We Christians believe the birth of Jesus was a miracle just like the creation of mankind.
Muslims also believe in the 'virgin birth' of Jesus. Such tales are very common throughout mythology and across a wide selection of major religions. As Wiki points out, "Miraculous births are a common element in historical literature and religious texts. Stories of miracle births often include miraculous conceptions and features such as intervention by a deity, supernatural elements, astronomical signs, hardship or in the case of some mythologies complex plots related to creation." So it's not just a Christian thing to have tales about 'virgin births' and the like.

Originally posted by Suzianne

The "point" of the story is basically the same as it is in any religious or mythological belief, to stress the 'specialness' of the birth, or in the case of Jesus, as you say, to square with the "Christ was born without sin" theory.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Aug 12

From their parents, who got it from their parents and so on down the line. Anybody that believes in the reality of Adam and Eve in this day and age is deluding themselves.
Adam and Eve as a metaphor for how human life started COULD be a feasible theory, (as if adam were a tribe of 'people' and eve were another tribe), but literally , as two people who spawned the entire human population today? No. No way. Impossible

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Aug 12

From their parents, who got it from their parents and so on down the line. Anybody that believes in the reality of Adam and Eve in this day and age is deluding themselves.
Adam and Eve as a metaphor for how human life started COULD be a feasible theory, (as if adam were a tribe of 'people' and eve were another tribe), but literally , as two people who spawned the entire human population today? No. No way. Impossible

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Aug 12

😞
Not only what the point of it was, but also how anyone could actually buy into that without any other reference to such a "miracle" ?

So if Christ was born naturally then he would've been sinning? Is that what you trying to tell me?

I usually dont mind blasepheming if I have a good reason for it - I wont just do it to piss someone off for no reason, but that time I really didn't think that was blasphemy, if you took it as such, which you obviously did, then I apologize. Sorry.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
18 Aug 12
2 edits

😞
what a coincidence. i was born without sin as well. there was no miracle involved. i think what you meant to say is that he was conceived without sin.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Aug 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
what a coincidence. i was born without sin as well. there was no miracle involved. i think what you meant to say is that he was conceived without sin.
Now we are drawing a really long bow here 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Aug 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
No. Wrong. You were born with the burden of Original Sin.

Jesus Christ, being born of a virgin, who was without sin herself, was not.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
18 Aug 12
1 edit

Original sin! And that would be...(let's remember you're not a fundamentalist, you don't believe in talking snakes and naughty apples, and...)...!?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Aug 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Not only what the point of it was, but also how anyone could actually buy into that without any other reference to such a "miracle" ?

So if Christ was born naturally then he would've been sinning? Is that what you trying to tell me?

I usually dont mind blasepheming if I have a good reason for it - I wont just do it to piss someone off for no r ...[text shortened]... at was blasphemy, if you took it as such, which you obviously did, then I apologize. Sorry.
As to how we can "buy into it", did I not mention that it was a cornerstone of our faith? And yes, of course it was a miracle.

If Christ was born of the union of a man and a woman, then yes, He would have had the burden of Original Sin. The Sin of Adam, passed on to every normally conceived person. This is the entire point of having a virgin birth and the very point of being conceived by God.

Being the son of a virgin is utter nonsense and whether it is true or not doesn't matter in the slightest.
I'm normally not so "thin-skinned" but what set me off was this comment of yours. It is NOT "nonsense" to us, and whether it is true or not DOES matter to us. (And by "us", I mean Christians. )

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
18 Aug 12

how could she be without sin if she was born in sin? you're getting your myths mixed up.