1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 17:19
    Originally posted by trev33
    people are weak and need to believe in something to help them through life, some feel a god/s are looking after them while others find different means. so basically to answer your question, their 'god' didn't chose them they choose their god/s.
    I agree. But that is from our atheist perspective. I was interested in the theist perspective, how do they explain this phenomenon?
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 17:20
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Dear WG59:

God is an eternal optimist. He created everyone with their name IN the Book of Life's, not out of it. Not only is everyone invited to the after-hours party, some attend without even so much as their approval! For those who consciously decided, however, only those who openly and willfully reject the invitation end up outside the gates.

Hurry! Time's running out!
    So long as I can gate-crash I'm happy!

😀
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 17:24
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    We are all called, some answer with a yes, others a no.
    Kelly
    Sorry KJ. We are NOT all called. That is the point of this thread!!

Something perhaps more concrete:
    Why did god need missionaries to Africa and America? Why not send his message to them too? Why not contact me? (phone, e-mail or fax)
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 17:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Ok, ok I was palming your question off, and it is good one.

The Bible (pertinent to my belief) talks about 'called' AND 'chosen' saying many are called but FEW are chosen. My personal standpoint on this is that the MANY are ALLof us, i.e. being given a choice based on a calling; however some are "chosen" they (in some way) have no choice, they are p ...[text shortened]... ntal to the related issues of God's sovereignty and predestination. Interesting, indeed.
    Thanks. I didnt want this thread to be another battle. I'm not gonna argue with anyone who gives an answer (obviously that answer will be personal) Just interested in the reasoning of others.
  5. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 21:28
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    So long as I can gate-crash I'm happy!

😀
    I'm definitely for gate crashin hell any ole time!

Two thumbs up from tacoandlettuce!
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 21:521 edit
    Why do you think your god(s) allowed you to be a believer and why did he/they choose to not pursuade others? Why are you special?
    ===============================
    Why do you think your god(s) allowed you to be a believer and why did he/they choose to not pursuade others? Why are you special?
    =================================

This is a question which haunts the Christian evangelist. And because he realizes on ever encreasing level that he cannot account for WHY God had mercy upon him, it keeps him desperate to see others saved too.

We can never understand the good fortune of having been granted mercy to believe in Jesus. And this haunting question keeps him sharing, preaching, announcing and praying for others that God would have mercy on them as well.

That is an honest answer.

I DON"T KNOW. I DON'T KNOW.

And because I cannot account for it, I am driven to see OTHERS saved too.

Good question.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 23:21
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]===============================
    =================================

This is a question which haunts the Christian evangelist. And because he realizes on ever encreasing level that he cannot account for WHY God ha ...[text shortened]... And because I cannot account for it, I am driven to see OTHERS saved too.

Good question.[/b]
    do you not think that the scriptures outline various reasons Jaywill, lets be honest? unbelievers are said to be blinded for example 2nd Corinthians 4:4, in darkness mentally? Ephesians 4:17-19 Its even states that it is inexcusable, Romans 1:20
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 23:471 edit
    God simply had mercy on me.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:006 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill
    While your humility is truly admirable Jaywill and your sincerity genuine, in truth it seems a little Calvanistic to believe that some are predestined for salvation and others are not, don't you think? (not that that is of course what you are saying), in fact, it goes against all inclinations that God is not partial and that in every nation the man that works righteousness is acceptable to him. Acts 10:34,35 i really think we should be honest with Wolfgang and try to explain to him with respect, why the scriptures state that a person, for whatever reason (and there are many) does not accept the Christ.

(Acts 10:34-35) At this Peter opened his mouth and said: “For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.

therefore may i put this forward as my first prerequisite, that in order for you to be 'chosen', you must be seeking to do what is right in Gods eyes, that is seeking righteousness. Not that you are of course righteous, just that you want to be. Any objections are welcome.
  10. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    While your humility is truly admirable Jaywill and your sincerity genuine, in truth it seems a little Calvanistic to believe that some are predetermined for salvation and others are not, don't you think? (not that that is of course what you are saying), infact, it goes against all inclinations that God is not partial and that in every nation the man ...[text shortened]... Not that you are of course righteous, just that you want to be. Any objections are welcome.
    Well said!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:19
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    Well said!
    perhaps you have something you would like to add Taco my friend?
  12. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:371 edit
    I am beginning to realize I have to be careful of what is shared, and what is not of my understanding, for I mean not to cast pearls, which I have been rend plenty in the past 7 yrs.

rend/rend/Verb
    1. Tear (something) into two or more pieces.
    2. Cause great emotional pain to (a person or their heart). More »
    Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster - The Free Dictionary
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:38
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    I am beginning to realize I have to be careful of what is shared, and what is not of my understanding, for I mean not to cast pearls, which I have been rend plenty in the past 7 yrs.
    sure , think deeply and see what you are moved to say?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 01:26
    Sorry KJ. We are NOT all called. That is the point of this thread!!

Something perhaps more concrete:
    Why did god need missionaries to Africa and America? Why not send his message to them too? Why not contact me? (phone, e-mail or fax)
    The way has been made for everyone, you can deny God in your life if you wish.
    I'll not debate you on that topic it isn't my concern, what I believe to be true
    that everyone will be without excuse when all the hidden things of man are
    put on full display. If God calls you, you ignore it, it will be revealed. Now if none
    of this true, you have no worries.
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 03:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    just because a man is blind, never assume he cannot see 😀
    A blind man can see perfectly but he still cannot see😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree