1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 04:202 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    While your humility is truly admirable Jaywill and your sincerity genuine, in truth it seems a little Calvanistic to believe that some are predestined for salvation and others are not, don't you think? (not that that is of course what you are saying), in fact, it goes against all inclinations that God is not partial and that in every nation the man t Not that you are of course righteous, just that you want to be. Any objections are welcome.
    ===============================
    While your humility is truly admirable Jaywill and your sincerity genuine, in truth it seems a little Calvanistic to believe that some are predestined for salvation and others are not, don't you think?

I would not be bothered by that.

If you wish to be saved just begin the THANK the Lord Jesus Christ for Who He is and what He is done.

As a matter of fact it would be marvelous for a sinner to come to salvation in Jesus by THANKING God in faith that God did predestinate him before the foundation of the world to be His own.

Like this:

"Lord Jesus, I praise and thank You that before I was even born, you chose me to be redeemed and have Your eternal life. Thank you Lord Jesus that before I even sinned your precious blood was shed to erase the guilt of every offense and trespass I ever committed, and that even before I was born.

By faith, Lord Jesus, I thank You for your marvelous predestinating me to be cleansed in Your precious blood, and filled with Your Holy Spirit. I now receive You with thanksgiving.

Amen."

That would be a marvelous foundation for a Christian walk. And I think God would honor such a prayer of faith if it was sincere. I pray this way about some things.

He doesn't want you to grovel. He wants you to BELIEVE. Calvin may not have been wrong about everything. Why not simply THANK Jesus Christ for your own predestination ?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 08:241 edit
    Originally posted by black beetle
    A blind man can see perfectly but he still cannot see😵
    😵
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 08:29
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]===============================
    While your humility is truly admirable Jaywill and your sincerity genuine, in truth it seems a little Calvanistic to believe that some are predestined for salvation and others are not, don't you think?

I would not be bothered by that.

If you wish to be saved just begin the THA ...[text shortened]... een wrong about everything. Why not simply THANK Jesus Christ for your own predestination ?[/b]
    reading between the lines i am not entirely sure whether you are professing belief in predestination or not Jaywill, never the less, i agree that an appreciative heart is surely a prerequisite for being accepted, indeed do not the scriptures state that God searches the hearts of mankind?

(Jeremiah 17:10) . . .I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, examining the kidneys, even to give to each one according to his ways, according to the fruitage of his dealings. . .

(Romans 8:27) . . .Yet he who searches the hearts knows what the meaning of the spirit . . .
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 11:12
    reading between the lines i am not entirely sure whether you are professing belief in predestination or not Jaywill, never the less, i agree that an appreciative heart is surely a prerequisite for being accepted, indeed do not the scriptures state that God searches the hearts of mankind?

(Jeremiah 17:10) . . .I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, ex ...[text shortened]...

(Romans 8:27) . . .Yet he who searches the hearts knows what the meaning of the spirit . . .
    I'm going to have to amend this line from you slightly Rob,

i agree that an appreciative heart is surely a prerequisite for being accepted [and i feel we have to insert our 'piece of knowledge of the month' here], and a member of the Jehovah's Witness organisation to boot.

Because you won't be saved unless your a JW.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 11:26
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'm going to have to amend this line from you slightly Rob,

i agree that an appreciative heart is surely a prerequisite for being accepted [and i feel we have to insert our 'piece of knowledge of the month' here], and a member of the Jehovah's Witness organisation to boot.

Because you won't be saved unless your a JW.
    yes but we are not talking of my beliefs are we, we are referring to Jaywills, and please be careful about amending a persons texts, its a violation of the rules of the site.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 12:08
    yes but we are not talking of my beliefs are we, we are referring to Jaywills, and please be careful about amending a persons texts, its a violation of the rules of the site.
    You a stickler for rules? Or just when it suits you?
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 12:305 edits

(Jeremiah 17:10) . . .I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, ex ...[text shortened]...

=======================================
    ====================================

Let it be ambiguous. Because men are not saved by the doctrine of predestination. They are saved by Jesus. He is a living Person, an available Person.

This simplicity escapes man for some reason. You have to contact the living Person of Jesus Christ. And I would say not only in the initial stage of salvation but in every subsequent stage also.

"As therefore you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in Him."

As the Christian intially touched the living Spirit of the Person of Jesus, so he must continue step by step with this intimate touching in order to "walk in Him".

Now below is a hymn written about Christ Himself which illustrates this matter:

"Not the law of letters,
    But the Christ of life
    God desires to give us,
    Saving us from strife;
    It is not some doctrine,
    But 'tis Christ Himself
    Who alone releases
    From our sinful self.

Any kind of teaching,
    Any kind of form,
    Cannot quicken spirits
    Or our souls transform;
    It is Christ as Spirit
    Gives us life divine,
    Thus thru us to live the
    Life of God's design.

Not philosophy nor
    Any element
    Can to Christ conform us
    As His complement
    But 'tis Christ Himself who
    All our nature takes
    And in resurrection
    Us His members makes.

Not religion, even
    Christianity,
    Can fulfill God's purpose
    Or economy;
    But 'tis Christ within us
    As our all in all
    Satisfies God's wishes,
    And His plan withal.

All the gifts we're given
    By the Lord in grace,
    All the different functions
    Cannot Christ replace.
    Only Christ Himself must
    Be our all in all!
    Only Christ Himself in
    All things, great or small!

[Hymns 541, LSM, Witness Lee]
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 12:42
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    May i add something here.

You are never chosen and this is a misconception (there are no chosen people)

Spiritual life is meant to bring one to the understanding of who they really are (spiritual soul eternal) what is God and what is the purpose of this life we all have, of birth, disease,old age and death.

The only bonafide teaching to give us a ...[text shortened]... truth will not become a christian, or muslim or jew and will search elsewhere for higher truth.
    I prefer the upanishadic traditions
  9. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 12:44
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Seriously. Why does your god not reveal himself to everyone?

Are you special?
    Faith ends in sight. If God is revealed then it is knowledge and not faith; subsequently people would worship out of fear and terror instead of for love and devotion.
  10. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 22:36
    Originally posted by black beetle
    A blind man can see perfectly but he still cannot see😵
    And it is very simple to manipulate wording for many reasons

Also

That which is perfect can NEVER BE blind.
  11. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 22:472 edits
    beOriginally posted by robbie carrobie

(Jeremiah 17:10) . . .I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, ...[text shortened]...

What confuses me is ones growing in truth yet separated from acknowledging, using another version of what "has been ordained to BE ordained" is taking from the Holy Bible, and asked that this not be done.

Revelation 22:18 (King James Version)

Now, if you were at some Church, and saw some one mark it with a marker, would not this one be tampering with what is meant as holy?

If what was given 2,000 yrs ago for all mankind to learn from, and had been called holy, has tampering of someone choosing to try to cypher another way of expressing what IS HOLY, is this not adding and taking from this holiness?

Please understand, I am not condemning any of you, and most assuredly not you, robbie, I just am sharing another approach to recognize this.. Sorry, but I care
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Oct '10 23:28
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    May i add something here.

You are never chosen and this is a misconception (there are no chosen people)

Spiritual life is meant to bring one to the understanding of who they really are (spiritual soul eternal) what is God and what is the purpose of this life we all have, of birth, disease,old age and death.

The only bonafide teaching to give us a ...[text shortened]... truth will not become a christian, or muslim or jew and will search elsewhere for higher truth.
    What about a meat-eating mind-bender who lives in an Islamic country?

Are you saying they have no chance at all?

And why not? Why are they chosen not to be as wise as you?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Oct '10 14:11
    Originally posted by trev33
    people are weak and need to believe in something to help them through life, some feel a god/s are looking after them while others find different means. so basically to answer your question, their 'god' didn't chose them they choose their god/s.
    And atheists choose to worship only themselves.
  14. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '10 15:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And atheists choose to worship only themselves.
    Rubbish; atheists don't worship.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '10 21:01
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    Rubbish; atheists don't worship.
    well it be be construed that anything you give devotion to is an act of worship, after all, thats what worship means, is it not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree