1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 04:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I did what now? Sorry, I couldn't follow that one (in relation to my post)
    OK. You gave earlier a specific answer to our vishvahetu, and I noticed that answer of yours. I evaluated your answer and I concluded that you created out of your own intelligence the form of the birth root of compassion. I was delighted and I asked you, what was the exact agent that eased you to bring up this object?

Finally, recognizing the fact that we are sharing the same suchness, I bowed to you😵
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 10:30
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Why do you think your god(s) allowed you to be a believer and why did he/they choose to not pursuade others? Why are you special?
    the way you ask this questions lets one to believe you are not a fan of free will. or you think that theists aren't.

there are only a few handful morons out there who believe god chooses the believer. that if god wishes, he will make you unwilling to believe (and therefore supposedly condemn you to damnation). the vast majority believe faith is an act of free will. sure some willingness to accept it is needed but that too is a conscious individual act. to say otherwise is to deny free will and therefore to dismiss accountability for ones actions. then the point of afterlife and punishment for the wicked disolves, god damns and saves people at random and we are all fuked.

do you want us all to be fuked?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 12:17
    Originally posted by black beetle
    OK. You gave earlier a specific answer to our vishvahetu, and I noticed that answer of yours. I evaluated your answer and I concluded that you created out of your own intelligence the form of the birth root of compassion. I was delighted and I asked you, what was the exact agent that eased you to bring up this object?

Finally, recognizing the fact that we are sharing the same suchness, I bowed to you😵
    Thank you dear beetle, sometimes the light flickers...
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 12:37
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thank you dear beetle, sometimes the light flickers...
    I also have a gift for our vishvahetu:

YouTube&feature=related

😵
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 12:471 edit
    I also have a gift for our vishvahetu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b5czixF1dg&feature=related

😵
    beetle can i ask you just a quick question unrelated (not an attempt to hijack the thread, i simply dont want to go away back and bump an older one), you stated earlier that you felt that chess was empty, is it, in your opinion, just a process of trying to impose our dreams on others, many thanks in advance - robbie
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 13:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    beetle can i ask you just a quick question unrelated (not an attempt to hijack the thread, i simply dont want to go away back and bump an older one), you stated earlier that you felt that chess was empty, is it, in your opinion, just a process of trying to impose our dreams on others, many thanks in advance - robbie
    Hey rabbie!

No, not to impose our dreams on others but -by means of practicing our meditation on objects effectively and thus applying our strategy and our specific tactics that they derive from our strategy and/ or from an opportunity that our opponent offered us out of his wrong evaluation- to impose our own reality on our opponents😵

Thread hi-jacked😵
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 13:161 edit
    Hey rabbie!

No, not to impose our dreams on others but -by means of practicing our meditation on objects effectively and thus applying our strategy and our specific tactics that they derive from our strategy and/ or from an opportunity that our opponent offered us out of his wrong evaluation- to impose our own reality on our opponents😵

Thread hi-jacked😵
    very well put dear Beetle, but what is our own reality but a collection of meditations, aspirations and awakening dreams?

thread hijacked only temporarily, well give it back very soon 🙂
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 13:18
    Why do you think your god(s) allowed you to be a believer and why did he/they choose to not pursuade others? Why are you special?
    We are all called, some answer with a yes, others a no.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 13:34
    very well put dear Beetle, but what is our own reality but a collection of meditations, aspirations and awakening dreams?

thread hijacked only temporarily, well give it back very soon 🙂
    Methinks one's interpretation of reality depends upon the kind of the structure of his cognizance in relation to the consciousnesses that one is working on😵
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 14:33
    Methinks one's interpretation of reality depends upon the kind of the structure of his cognizance in relation to the consciousnesses that one is working on😵
    mmm, its a bit cryptic for me, but if you say so 🙂
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 15:15
    mmm, its a bit cryptic for me, but if you say so 🙂
    Don't believe blindly a word😵
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 16:14
    Don't believe blindly a word😵
    just because a man is blind, never assume he cannot see 😀
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 16:542 edits
    well ... yes.
    same question
    but as everyone knows themselves it is probably easier to say why one has been chosen rather than why others have not(?)
    Ok, ok I was palming your question off, and it is good one.

The Bible (pertinent to my belief) talks about 'called' AND 'chosen' saying many are called but FEW are chosen. My personal standpoint on this is that the MANY are ALLof us, i.e. being given a choice based on a calling; however some are "chosen" they (in some way) have no choice, they are picked by god for a specific purpose, for example John the Baptist.

Your question is wide reaching and fundamental to the related issues of God's sovereignty and predestination. Interesting, indeed.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 17:16
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Seriously"

Are you ready for this?

God couldn't be any more "revealed" if He walked up to you and slapped you on the face.

Don't try to tell me that when you look up into the night sky and stretch your mind as far as it will go, that what you see wasn't created.

And not only that. We have the testimony of God's Word.

Or you can choose to be blind.[/b]
    Well this is the crux of the problem:
    Its not obvious to me.
    My question is why do I need that "slap in the face" and you do not?
    I see the Universe and am amazed by it but cannot deduce a Creator.
    I read books but cannot believe everything I read.
    ?
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 17:17
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    You want to have a mathematical equation for understanding god, because you live in a world of numbers, but at the time of death, will your silly numbers help you.....you talk nonsense.
    you talk nonsense.

maybe I do.

If so, why? And why do you not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree