I certanly hope not.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 15:42
    Originally posted by Brother Edwin
    I certanly hope not.
    Don't you understand that it is not by works or being Good that gets you to heaven.

If the gays repent of their sins and turn from their wicked ways they will go to heaven.
  3. The moral highground
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 15:43
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Don't you understand that it is not by works or being Good that gets you to heaven.

If the gays repent of their sins and turn from their wicked ways they will go to heaven.
    But will they need to bother if they dont commit sodemy?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 15:47
    What do you mean by bother?
  5. The moral highground
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 15:48
    What do you mean by bother?
    is there any need to repent for being gay if you dont commit sodemy?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 15:49
    Just by saying "But will they..." shows you buy into the hell and heaven thing. Its too bad this monsterous lie called heaven and hell has lasted so long. But hey, christianity is based at its core on lies and deceptions so what else is new.
  7. The moral highground
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 15:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Just by saying "But will they..." shows you buy into the hell and heaven thing. Its too bad this monsterous lie called heaven and hell has lasted so long. But hey, christianity is based at its core on lies and deceptions so what else is new.
    Its hypethetical. We cant prove heaven and hell dosent exist so for this argument were saying hypethitacly it does.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 15:50
    is there any need to repent for being gay if you dont commit sodemy?
    The lustful thoughs.

But they still have other sin in their lives.

Examples, lying, cheating, rejecting Christ is a sin.
  9. The moral highground
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 15:54
    The lustful thoughs.

But what if they dont. Is being gay itself a sin if u dont commit sodemy.

Plus what if a child was created by science(the winner remember) therefore was not "born" and never commited a sin. He has no need to repent.
  10. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 16:001 edit
    The lustful thoughs.

Can I take it from this that you think that gay men have more lustful thoughts than hetero ones? And that gay men are more likely to lie & cheat than hetero men? From comments like these one could be lead to believe that your view of homosexuals is that they are all snarling sex maniacs, inherantly evil with substandard or no morals. Are you this blinded in your views?

Even your last point - how about gays who accept Christ? In fact, this is one of the main reason I know why gay men would abstain from gay relationships, esp. sodomy. Then surely their only sin would be being gay, something that even as the debate still rages between homosexuality being inherant or learnt it is pretty widely accepted that it's not a chosen behaviour. So they are damned for something they have no control over, despite doing everything in their power that they can (ie. abstaining from gay relationships). Sounds like a pretty raw deal from a fair & loving god to me.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 16:092 edits

I thought you could sin all you want once you're a Born-Again Believer and God forgives all your sins? So, gay Born Agains could sodomize 3 year olds (as could non-gay Born Agains) and it wouldn't matter one bit: they'd still be right up there with the super-righteous like RBHILL.
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 16:141 edit
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    Can I take it from this that you think that gay men have more lustful thoughts than hetero ones? And that gay men are more likely to lie & cheat than hetero men? From comments like these one could be lead to believe that your view of homosexuals is that they are all snarling sex maniacs, inherantly evil with substandard or no morals. Are you this blinde staining from gay relationships). Sounds like a pretty raw deal from a fair & loving god to me.
    Let's remember that god creates gay penguins (http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/studentwork/cns/2002-06-10/591.asp), obviously gay people are just the next step. Not their fault they're gay - it's gods fault. Since god made them that way, then, well, i don't suppose he has any right to complain about it.

I think you're safe, Brother!
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 16:17
    The lustful thoughs.

That's not the question Arby Hill.

If a homosexual male lies and cheats, then he should repent of lying and cheating, just as a heterosexual male who lies and cheats should repent.

On these boards you have repeated insulted and degraded those who do not think as you do. When a member (xian or not) rebukes you for being an embarrassment to the cross, you quip that you are "not perfect, just redeemed." You have even admitted that you premeditate to sin and run behind the skirt-tails of Christ's forgiveness later.

The ironic thing is that if your "willfully sin with impunity" doctrine is true, then the following scenario is just as valid. A homosexual male could repent of his sins and ask Jesus into his heart, thus he is saved by faith. Then he could premeditatedly go out and have wild anal sex with 17 young strapping studs. He then could immediately appeal to the Blood of Christ for the cleansing of his sin. If some one saw him later and rebuked him for engaging in sodomy, he could just say, "I'm not perfect, just redeemed."

😉
  14. The moral highground
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 16:22
    However he runs the risk of getting killed before he repents.
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 16:23
    However he runs the risk of getting killed before he repents.
    don't we all when we cross the road though?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree