will gays who dont commit sodomey go to hell?

will gays who dont commit sodomey go to hell?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 06

Originally posted by orfeo
And to stir the pot a little...

It's perfectly possible to be both gay and Christian. Any Christian who think it ISN'T possible is, in my opinion:

- kidding themselves on a number of levels, or
- has a different definition of 'being gay' than the one I'm working with.

Christians continue to struggle with the sins that beset them (assume for the purp ...[text shortened]... oblem. How are they ever going to confide in you if you deny they exist?
The Catholic church teaches that no one is "ontologically gay," that means that it is the action which is described as homosexual not the person. A person who engages in homosexuality is said to be "distorted" in their ontological sexuality (which is apparently hetero), though it is never alleged that they are ontollogically gay. Thus there is no such thing as a "gay christian" but there might be Christian who performs gay acts.

But dont quote me on what the Church says. I agree with you. Gays shouldn't "un-distort" themselves and elude their sexuality. They should be honest with their church and the church should be compassionate in return (as opposed to asserting that they're not gay and should just accept that there's something wrong with them).

g

Moves
16 May 06

Originally posted by Brother Edwin
I certanly hope not.
Yes they will.

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
19 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by RBHILL
The lustful thoughs.

But they still have other sin in their lives.

Examples, lying, cheating, rejecting Christ is a sin.
I would say I don't do any of those, Christ is my best friend, I have pictures of him on my wall, I try, and generally succeed, to live as he did, I have healing gifts and have used them to effect, I can invoke Angels and Archangels, I can heal the soul with a simple touch.

But I don't go to church.

Edit: I'm not gay for the record, I posted in response to the latter part of this post and not the thread in general.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by asromacalcio
I would say I don't do any of those, Christ is my best friend, I have pictures of him on my wall, I try, and generally succeed, to live as he did, I have healing gifts and have used them to effect, I can invoke Angels and Archangels, I can heal the soul with a simple touch.

But I don't go to church.

Edit: I'm not gay for the record, I posted in response to the latter part of this post and not the thread in general.
Homo.

Just messing with you 🙂.