1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 18:44
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Eph. 2:8-10
    The fact that Paul didn't agree with the teachings of Jesus written down in Matthew is no reason for a "Christian" to disregard them. Perhaps the author of James, who was supposedly Jesus' brother, might have had better access to Jesus' central message than someone who never met Jesus (and probably never read any of the Gospels).
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 19:17
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    I agree. When you are a Christian it is very important to make sure "bad things" do not try to enter through your "back door"!!
    😉

TheSkipper
    LOL.
    How about anyone for that matter man or woman.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 19:272 edits
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Please stop preaching christian doctirne, it may mean the world to you but it borders on being offensive to others.....I find it a higly unbelievable philosophy and hopefully with time humanity will emancipate itself from this cross on our back............
    I will say this you are the one who has control of your mouse so you have the free will of yourself to click and see what I post.
    And if you do not want to read preaching then what are you doing in the spirituality forum?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 22:33
    I will say this you are the one who has control of your mouse so you have the free will of yourself to click and see what I post.
    And if you do not want to read preaching then what are you doing in the spirituality forum?
    HA-HA-HAA-HA- FREE WILL-HA-HA-HAA-HA!

In short, stop preaching- start teaching.
  5. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 22:39
    Yes, they will. So get sodomising!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 22:53
    So they will go to hell?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '06 01:36
    But you see when you come to Jesus you turn from your wicked ways.
    They will not be gay anymore.
    There will be people who murdered people to in heaven, example would be Moses.
    this man has a VIP ticket to heaven ! Good 4 U !
    BTW I dislike to talk about metaphysics, if God exists I wish he never waste his time in what humans do with their natural sphincters, holes or genital areas ...
    He must be watching supernovas, black holes ( on the sky 😀 ), comets and galaxies .... hahaha
  8. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    14 May '06 09:361 edit
    Originally posted by Brother Edwin
    So if a goody 2 shoes does good all his life then lies about what he thinks of his wifes hat then is hit by a car he gos to hell?

A ruthless murderer/rapest does this all his life, then repents, then hit by car, gos to heaven.
    Yep. Hypothetically.

Outrageous, isn't it?

Especially the way people drive in this hypothetical of yours.

The problem with such hypotheticals, is that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who was wholly good or wholly bad. I bet Mother Theresa had a terrible temper sometimes. And you're trying to define a 'rapist' or a 'murderer' by that act alone, as if it was the only thing in their lives.

If a murderer gives money to a children's charity, is it evil? And are they any less of a murderer? No on both counts.
  9. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    14 May '06 09:42
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Is someone who never performs a homosexual act really "gay'? By what criteria?
    Is someone who never performs a heterosexual act really straight? By what criteria?

And how many acts does it take to be gay? One?

It's about attraction, not actions. My understanding is there are plenty of men around who have at some point in their lives engaged in some kind of homosexual act, but would never regard themselves as homosexual. [Same as many men who regard themselves as gay went out with girls in their youth.]

There are some gay lobbyists who would claim the aforementioned men as at least partly gay, but I tend to disagree.

I've also seen at least some Christian literature that rejects labels like 'gay' and 'straight' as meaningless, because only the actual actions of a person are important.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    14 May '06 09:511 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Is there any thought about Christian males getting their prostate examined? What should my Christian mindset be when I go for the exam?
    "Turn the other cheek."
  11. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    14 May '06 09:551 edit
    And to stir the pot a little...

It's perfectly possible to be both gay and Christian. Any Christian who think it ISN'T possible is, in my opinion:

- kidding themselves on a number of levels, or
    - has a different definition of 'being gay' than the one I'm working with.

Christians continue to struggle with the sins that beset them (assume for the purpose of this argument that 'being gay' is a sin. I don't actually think the attraction in and of itself is a sin. I think it's 'distorted' as Conrau K said, but that's different.). It's not as if some magic wand is waved and all problems disappear.

We seriously need to get the idea out of our heads that homosexuality involves some kind of 'special' sin. I doubt that anyone would ever argue that it's IMPOSSIBLE to be an alcoholic Christian, a wrathful Christian, a lying Christian, a kleptomaniac Christian or even an adulterous Christian. If you accept all of those are possible (not desirable), then how can you say it's impossible to be a gay Christian?

We need to stop pretending that gay Christians don't exist. For present purposes I'm not talking about people who are comfortable with being both gay and Christian. I'm talking about Christians who keep their homosexual attractions secret, and wrestle with them, and wish those attractions would end. Many churches seem intent on refusing to recognise such people exist - hence the need for the 'magic wand' approach.

If you as a Christian truly believe that homosexuality is sinful, then you should be walking alongside your struggling Christian brother or sister who needs your help and support in this area, not pretending that they don't have a problem. How are they ever going to confide in you if you deny they exist?
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    14 May '06 09:57
    So ATM I am gay because even thow I dont enjoy it I engage in sexual acts with a male?

And all virgins have no sexuality?
    Why are you engaging in sexual acts with a male if you don't enjoy it? Need the money that much?
  13. Joined
    27 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 May '06 12:00
    My observation of history seems to indicate thousands of religions have been born from the minds of men.
    Then written down and read by others. People love to read that juicy folksy legend type stuff. Even more when those were the only kinds of books allowed to be published and it had no other forms of media to compete with.

Nations take over nations and the national religion changes.
    Old beliefs and books become banned or taboo.
    As will, given time christianity.
    Appropros - "This too shall pass."

I wonder sometimes if people who quote and study the gospel ever see the parrallel their life takes to that of a 'holy man' who espoused Ra, or a priest advocating the wisdom of Apollo.

It's just a different time and a different sound to express more of the same.

That's just my observation during my time on earth anyway.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 May '06 16:17
    I certanly hope not.
    What do you think would cause someone to go to hell?
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    14 May '06 23:28
    Neither go to Hell. Nor will straights who engage in sodomy go to Hell, which at last count seems to be a decent number of us.

-JC

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree