1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 14:45
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Why?

For what purpose or point did you do this?" -googlefudge

To stimulate further productive conversation on a topic you are well qualified to discuss which I would like to learn more about. The extent to which the views of published authors differ from RHP Spirituality Forum Contributors who are as yet unpublished, the greater the opportunity ...[text shortened]... n heat. If in the process new atheists are identified, all the better. No need to be threatened.
    People change their minds. Dan Barker was an evangelical preacher for 19 years before becoming an atheist. Now he's the co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 15:29
    Originally posted by rwingett
    People change their minds. Dan Barker was an evangelical preacher for 19 years before becoming an atheist. Now he's the co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation.
    Or Matt Dillahunty who was raised as a southern baptist and was training to
    be a preacher when he lost his belief in god and became an atheist.

In fact it's probably true that a majority atheists used to be theists of one stripe
    or another. People who have never ever been theists [like me] are a [significant]
    minority.
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 16:33
    Grampy Bobby, I understand your passion to reach the Atheists. Please tell us the things that stand out by the Children of God.

It brought tears to my eyes when i heard of the Amish girls standing in front of the gunman saying, shoot me, shoot me. Trying to save the other children at the school. Do you remember that selfless act?
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 16:391 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Or Matt Dillahunty who was raised as a southern baptist and was training to
    be a preacher when he lost his belief in god and became an atheist.

In fact it's probably true that a majority atheists used to be theists of one stripe
    or another. People who have never ever been theists [like me] are a [significant]
    minority.
    Yes and the compassion for others and love run deep in you as well. Something God loves. No Atheist who loves and has compassion, is ever turned away at heavens gate. I can say this as a fact, but there are plenty here will oppose me. But then, they cannot say they have ever been to heaven either, but I have.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 16:39
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    It brought tears to my eyes when i heard of the Amish girls standing in front of the gunman saying, shoot me, shoot me. Trying to save the other children at the school. Do you remember that selfless act?
    What does that have to do with anything in this thread?
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 16:40
    Yes and the compassion for others and love run deep in you as well. Something God loves. No Atheist who loves and has compassion, is ever turned away at heavens gate. I can say this as a fact, but there are plenty here will oppose me. But then, they cannot say they have ever been to heaven either, but I have.
    Neither god nor heaven exists.
    And I can say that as a fact.
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    The response is Flew has lost his mind
    One Flew into the Cuckoo's Nest
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    What does that have to do with anything in this thread?
    nothing directly. Just making a comment to GB
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 16:411 edit
    Neither god nor heaven exists.
    And I can say that as a fact.
    Really? You amuse me.

You are in for one big surprise!
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 16:45
    Really? You amuse me.
    Yes, really.

Our minds are the product of the physical workings of our brains.

Our brains operate by the known laws of physics.

When our brains break down or are destroyed then we die, and the mind is gone.
    Erased from existence.

This is known beyond any and all reasonable doubt.

There is no afterlife, of an kind.
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 17:01
    Yes, really.

Our minds are the product of the physical workings of our brains.

Our brains operate by the known laws of physics.

When our brains break down or are destroyed then we die, and the mind is gone.
    Erased from existence.

This is known beyond any and all reasonable doubt.

There is no afterlife, of an kind.
    You only speak of the physical, what of emotional, or a Buddhist transcendence. There are many things that cannot be explained by the physical alone. You should read up on micro biology. There have been studies done that cannot be explained. And yes by non-Christian scientists.

One example, an experiment (not micro biology) of energy from your mind. This was documented a few years ago. Four people in a sealed room, were able to add weight to a box using their thoughts only.

But is micro biology you will find many studies that can't be explained.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 17:13
    You only speak of the physical, what of emotional, or a Buddhist transcendence. There are many things that cannot be explained by the physical alone. You should read up on micro biology. There have been studies done that cannot be explained. And yes by non-Christian scientists.

One example, an experiment (not micro biology) of energy from your mind. Th ...[text shortened]... their thoughts only.

But is micro biology you will find many studies that can't be explained.
    I call bull, show me the peer reviewed scientific paper becked up by multiple studies
    performed by competing groups that shows this effect and then I will start listening.

There is the physical world around us made up of mater and energy governed by the
    laws of physics and that's it.

Nothing that happens in the brain violates known laws of physics.

The known laws of physics prohibit souls or an after life.
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 17:17
    I call bull, show me the peer reviewed scientific paper becked up by multiple studies
    performed by competing groups that shows this effect and then I will start listening.

There is the physical world around us made up of mater and energy governed by the

Tell that to the people involved with the "Philadelphia Project". That is documented as well.
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 17:19

Ok mister laws of physics. Explain why a bumble bee flies?
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 17:20
    Tell that to the people involved with the "Philadelphia Project". That is documented as well.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment

It's a hoax.

You need to go learn scientific skepticism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree