Would any of you know Spirituality...

Would any of you know Spirituality...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
26 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Depressed Franze left his "Unfinished Symphony" incomplete because he was too depressed, knowing that he was going to die for his escapades to find happiness.
Have you ever preyed on depressed people ~ with your 'hung out on chains/people from other planets' stuff ~ in order to recruit them to your religion?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jul 18

Originally posted by @fmf
A lot of people need religion to get by.
And Atheism is the opiate of the people.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jul 18
2 edits

F

Moves
26 Jul 18
1 edit

And Atheism is the opiate of the people.
"Atheism" doesn't anaesthetize people using the far-fetched notions about supernatural rewards and punishments and making threats of demented revenge by god figures that religions promote. So I don't see how the "opiate" analogy works.

F

Moves
26 Jul 18

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I'm not sure what you are getting at. Did you mean "vagina"?

F

Moves
26 Jul 18

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Bizarre dodge. Thanks for that.

I'll ask again. You mentioned someone being "depressed".

Have you ever preyed on depressed people in an effort to recruit them to your religion?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jul 18

Have you ever preyed on depressed people in an effort to recruit them to your religion?
Have you ever exalted facial hideousness to recruit into yours?

F

Moves
26 Jul 18

Have you ever exalted facial hideousness to recruit into yours?
The issue of religionists peddling the wrath gods to prey on vulnerable people suffering from depression is a serious one, sonship.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jul 18

Do you think that Christ preyed on depressed people to recruit them into His religion ?

Do you see the Gospels as exploiting an advantage of depressed people to increase followers of Jesus?

Maybe you see physicians as always preying on sick people by recommending to them a medical cure.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jul 18
4 edits

The issue of religionists peddling the wrath gods to prey on vulnerable people suffering from depression is a serious one, sonship.
I have written pages upon pages on this Forum with no mention of God's wrath.

YOU and Divegeester (the great Atheist / Unitarian alliance) usually come in to make sure that chains and torture or damnation are in the discussion.

Hypocrit much. Last case in point - the thread on "A Thread Not About Something"

Enter FMF

You've never made a credible moral argument. You've just used circular logic. Your ideology is one rooted in morally incoherent stupendously demented violence and all you've offered is your assertion that it is "perfect morality".

F

Moves
26 Jul 18

Do you think that Christ preyed on depressed people to recruit them into His religion ?
I have no idea. A Jewish rabbi 2,000 years ago probably didn't have the first clue about depression and mental illness. I am asking you. And I am asking you what you think of religionists preying on vulnerable people.

F

Moves
26 Jul 18

I have written pages upon pages on this Forum with no mention of God's [b] wrath.[/b]
You've written thousands and thousands of posts related to your torturer god ideology.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jul 18

I have no idea. A Jewish rabbi 2,000 years ago probably didn't have the first clue about depression and mental illness. I am asking you. And I am asking you what you think of religionists preying on vulnerable people.
A Jewish rabbi who displayed about a million times more insight into the human personality then you ever did.

Two thousand years from now who will recall your insights ?

F

Moves
26 Jul 18

Do you see the Gospels as exploiting an advantage of depressed people to increase followers of Jesus?
I am asking you about your use - or non-use- of threats and other psychological coercion on people suffering depression. Would you, for example, tell someone who was bipolar - and had the temerity to not be a believer like you are - that in terms of their beliefs they were eating "faeces" or would you compare them to animals etc. etc.?

F

Moves
26 Jul 18

A Jewish rabbi who displayed about a million times more insight into the human personality then you ever did.
You are dodging my question about religionists preying on people with mental disorders. Is it off limits or are vulnerable people ~ to you ~ fair game?