1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 06:32
    Originally posted by @secondson
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Jesus Christ

The "Father", our creator, is approached through and by none other than Jesus. Jesus is the one and only way to true spiritual enlightenment. Everything else is a counterfeit.
    "Everything else is a counterfeit."

This 'counterfeit' claim is a curious one. Take, for example, a five-pound note. Would you not agree that it would have been impossible to counterfeit the five-pound note 'before' the five-pound note ever existed?

Food for thought surely when we consider that Hinduism (for instance) existed before both Christianity and Judaism? How then could the claim be made that Hinduism is a counterfeit?

Check.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 17:37
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    "Everything else is a counterfeit."

This 'counterfeit' claim is a curious one. Take, for example, a five-pound note. Would you not agree that it would have been impossible to counterfeit the five-pound note 'before' the five-pound note ever existed?

Food for thought surely when we consider that Hinduism (for instance) existed before both ...[text shortened]... tianity and Judaism? How then could the claim be made that Hinduism is a counterfeit?

Check.
    Timeframes are irrelevant. Satan was present at the sentencing of Adam and Eve, and was fully cognizant of God's plan of redemption from the start.

That there are other religions that presumably existed prior to Moses does not assume that they are in fact authentic in authority, nor can it be said that they(other religious writings) have the same or similar seal of authority attributed to them as is afforded the Bible by virtually all notable scholars throughout recorded history.

By God's sovereign will His Word drowns them all out in terms of accuracy, proliferation and economy. God's Word is authentic, authoritative and above all else fully effective when understood and obeyed.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 17:47
    Timeframes are irrelevant. Satan was present at the sentencing of Adam and Eve, and was fully cognizant of God's plan of redemption from the start.

That there are other religions that presumably existed prior to Moses does not assume that they are in fact authentic in authority, nor can it be said that they(other religious writings) have the same or s ...[text shortened]... Word is authentic, authoritative and above all else fully effective when understood and obeyed.
    To clarify sir, are there no 'notable scholars throughout recorded history' that have attributed authority to the Koran or Vedas?
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 17:592 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    To clarify sir, are there no 'notable scholars throughout recorded history' that have attributed authority to the Koran or Vedas?
    Yes there are, but the claims made in Bible stand in contrast to all other religious writings in terms of its historical, archeological and prophetic utterances and accuracy.

Nothing compares to the Bible when one examines all the facts.

Consider the fact that no book is more loved and hated. Loved for its power to set free, and hated because it's so misunderstood.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 19:07
    Yes there are, but the claims made in Bible stand in contrast to all other religious writings in terms of its historical, archeological and prophetic utterances and accuracy.

Nothing compares to the Bible when one examines all the facts.

Consider the fact that no book is more loved and hated. Loved for its power to set free, and hated because it's so misunderstood.
    "Nothing compares to the Bible when one examines all the facts."

Have you examined all the facts? - I accept that is what you believe sir, but have often heard Christians make similar confident assertions without giving any serious study of what other religions have to offer. On what basis do you make your assertions?

To me, 'all' religions are counterfeit and the Bible shares the inaccuracies prevalent in other religious texts.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 01:41
    Start with substitutionary atonement.
    So you cant sum it up in a complete answer?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 01:45
    You lie. Plain and simple.
    So effin weak !
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 01:48
    Originally posted by @sonship
    To be born again is have the comatose human spirit enlivened by the Holy Spirit which today is Jesus Christ in a form in which He can come into man's being.

Another way to say it. When the deadened and dormant human spirit is TOUCHED by the Holy Spirit, the latter causes the former to awaken, come alive, even resurrect, be born to union with God.

B ...[text shortened]... r human spirit BRINGING IT TO LIFE ... FOREVER.

Some related passages will be included below:
    Pass.

Sounds like some silly affirmation you have there
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 11:402 edits
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Pass.

Sounds like some silly affirmation you have there
    It is not silly at all. Literature, art, biographies, poetry, history is filled with people expressing that though they were physically alive they somehow knew SOMETHING was incomplete about their lives.

For example, Alexander the Great wanted to be buried with his hands appearing outside of the coffin. I am told that it was to let the world know that even though he conquered so much of the known world, he died feeling empty handed. He had nothing was his deeper sense.

He drank himself sick. Now you dismiss the deadened human spirit as "silly". But too many people in history felt that something in them was missing or not fully alive.

So pass if you wish.
    But I don't think the diagnosis of the Bible is "silly".

Next time you wonder why something in life doesn't seem to be enough to really satisfy your deepest longing, see if you're giggling about it.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 11:48
    Now you dismiss the deadened human spirit as "silly".
    I suspect that karoly azcel might be thinking your self-serving sanctimonious guff about "the deadened human spirit" is silly.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 12:081 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I suspect that karoly azcel might be thinking your self-serving sanctimonious guff about "the deadened human spirit" is silly.
    He certainly can reply for himself.

You know who Jimmy Hendrix was. He wrote a song "I Don't Live Today." I think it succinctly expressed a sentiment of many people in many ages -

"I am physically alive. I am alive in my soul. But I don't feel that I am REALLY alive."

In that song Hendrix said he felt like he was living in the bottom of a grave. And he said no matter what, he knew that he did not live TODAY.

[paraphrasing Jimmy Hendrix]

Will I live tomorrow?
    I just can't say.
    All I know is
    I don't live today.

I feel like I'm living at the bottom of a grave. "

Jimmy, the Lord Jesus Christ told us that we MUST be born again in John's Gospel.

Franz Schubert another talented musician who died young, (a long way off from Jimmy Hendrix) expressed a similar thought. He said that sometimes it felt like he didn't belong to this world at all.

Jimmy was feeling the deadness of his human spirit.
    Franz Schubert, probably the same.

Or at least Schubert felt that this world was not the home in which he felt 100% a completed man.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 12:11
    He certainly can reply for himself.

You know who Jimmy Hendrix was. He wrote a song "[b]I Don't Live Today."
    I think it succinctly expressed a sentiment of many people in many ages -

"I am physically alive. I am alive in my soul. But I don't feel that I am REALLY alive."

In that song Hendrix said he felt like he was living in the bottom o ...[text shortened]... r at least Schubert felt that this world was not the home in which he felt 100% a completed man.[/b]
    What about you and your persona here? Do you exhibit a deadened human spirit?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 12:12
    Jimmy was feeling the deadness of his human spirit.
    Franz Schubert, probably the same. .
    Maybe getting into one of the religions would have helped them?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 12:182 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Maybe getting into one of the religions would have helped them?
    You can always hope FMF.
    Maybe something OTHER than the Savior Jesus ?? "Anything BUT Jesus ... please!"

Well Jimmy od-ed.
    And Franze died of venereal disease.

Depressed Franze left his "Unfinished Symphony" incomplete because he was too depressed, knowing that he was going to die for his escapades to find happiness.

Whatever it is, it is not a "silly" matter.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 12:20
    FMF: Maybe getting into one of the religions would have helped them?

Hope springs forever. Maybe something OTHER than the Savior Jesus ??
    A lot of people need religion to get by.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree