1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 May '05 17:59
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    As Rwingett has pointed out to you many times, an atheist "believes" that the theist have utterly failed to prove the existence of God. There could conceivably be an afterlife but no God, couldn't there? I believe certain faiths, Buddhists for example, believe in an "afterlife" (perhaps a higher plane of reality would be more accurate - Buddhists help me out here) but not a God.
    As Rwingett has pointed out to you many times, an atheist "believes" that the theist have utterly failed to prove the existence of God.

The atheist will not find God in the same way as a thief cannot find a policeman.

I believe that the God of the Bible is dynamic: He often acts differently; now full of love, then again as avenger. For that reason we may not make images of Him. Because he is the creator, God is totally different from man; He is unrecognizable to man. Logical understanding and intellect cannot explain Him: the intellect is a part of creation, and how can creation, explain the Creator?

God does nevertheless not remain the unknown God. He, who is eternal and unchangeable and incomprehensible to man, reveals a part of His being in his creation. For this he uses the prophets, His law, nature and supernatural intervention in nature. He speaks more directly to man in His Word and informs him of His will.

The atheist will not accept any of this for the reason I mentioned in the beginning.
  2. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 May '05 18:01
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    The Buddhists believe in many gods. They are not atheistic.
    Furthermore, what is the source of your misinformation?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 May '05 18:10
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well if the atheist believes in an after life then they are not an atheist.
    You are wrong and an idiot.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 May '05 18:21
    http://www.near-death.com/evidence.html
    Your own site concedes that there is no scientific proof of NDE's. They are most likely simply hallucinations influenced by our cultural concepts of an afterlife which are force fed people even from childhood. The fact that someone may not be a "Christian" as a adult does not mean he has shed these perceptions at a subconscious level; it would be perfectly reasonable that someone near death would experience a hallucination in line with what he was taught was going to occur. For a brief debunking of many of the claims of NDE -ers see: http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/keith_augustine/HNDEs.shtml
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 May '05 18:45
    Your own site concedes that there is no scientific proof of NDE's. They are most likely simply hallucinations influenced by our cultural concepts of an afterlife which are force fed people even from childhood. The fact that someone may not be a "Christian" as a adult does not mean he has shed these perceptions at a subconscious level; it woul ...[text shortened]... f the claims of NDE -ers see: http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/keith_augustine/HNDEs.shtml
    "There is undeniable scientific evidence to-day for the afterlife."

http://www.victorzammit.com/book/chapter01.html
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 May '05 18:51
    Originally posted by eagles54
    Furthermore, what is the source of your misinformation?
    Sorry I was thinking about the Hindu's...
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 May '05 19:00
    [b]As Rwingett has pointed out to you many times, an atheist "believes" that the theist have utterly failed to prove the existence of God.

The atheist will not find God in the same way as a thief cannot find a policeman.

I believe that the God of the Bible is dynamic: He often acts differently; now full of love, then again as avenger. For that ...[text shortened]... will.

The atheist will not accept any of this for the reason I mentioned in the beginning.
    [/b]
    More reason to believe me when I tell you about Muffy.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 May '05 19:10
    Originally posted by telerion
    More reason to believe me when I tell you about Muffy.
    God by definition is omnipotent. This means that if God was created by Muffy he would no longer be omnipotent. This means that Muffy does not exist, because God's definition of being the omnipotent being in the universe remains. Or maybe you have another dictionary that has another definition of God. By the way there is no dictionary that defines "Muffy". So I'll have to conclude that poor Muffy is a figment of your imagination. And by the way according to your reasoning that Muffy created God, it means Buffy created Muffy. "Buffy" is defined as "Resembling a soft, thick, undyed leather made chiefly from the skins of buffalo". Which is clearly going against all logic because God created buffalos...
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 May '05 19:14
    "There is undeniable scientific evidence to-day for the afterlife."

http://www.victorzammit.com/book/chapter01.html
    A statement by a guy (who is not a scientist) is not evidence. Scientific study of NDE's have generally concurred that the explanation lie in the human mind, not in an afterlife. If you have some scientific studies to cite that are evidence of an afterlife, please do.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 May '05 19:29
    A statement by a guy (who is not a scientist) is not evidence. Scientific study of NDE's have generally concurred that the explanation lie in the human mind, not in an afterlife. If you have some scientific studies to cite that are evidence of an afterlife, please do.
    He's a friggin' laywer... and we all know they can't be trusted.

ES
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 May '05 19:35
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    He's a friggin' laywer... and we all know they can't be trusted.

ES
    I was afraid somebody was going to point that out.😞
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 May '05 20:101 edit
    Im afraid near death experiences prove otherwise...
    You shouldn't believe anything out of fear.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 May '05 20:58
    You are wrong and an idiot.
    Do you even know what an atheist is?

An atheist is a person that can not believe in anything of a God or an afterlife and if they do then they are not a real atheist.

But I believe there are no such things as atheists.
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    11 May '05 21:10
    God by definition is omnipotent. This means that if God was created by Muffy he would no longer be omnipotent. This means that Muffy does not exist, because God's definition of being the omnipotent being in the universe remains. Or maybe you have another dictionary that has another definition of God. By the way there is no dictionary that defines "Muffy ...[text shortened]... e skins of buffalo". Which is clearly going against all logic because God created buffalos...
    of course no dictionary can define "muffy" ! muffy is unknowable in this dimension, only a the chosen few have knowlege of muffy revealed to them and then only on the holy day of Blueberrin ,, and Buffy is what Sitting Bully would be sitting in without the hide.

15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 May '05 21:13
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Do you even know what an atheist is?

An atheist is a person that can not believe in anything of a God or an afterlife and if they do then they are not a real atheist.

But I believe there are no such things as atheists.
    No, it isn't and you're still an idiot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree