WTF is god good for?

WTF is god good for?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
11 May 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
No, it isn't and you're still an idiot.
I'm not the one who rejects Jesus. I can see him working at your heart right know. Praise God! I shall being praying for you.

R

California

Moves
11 May 05
2 edits

No, it isn't and you're still an idiot.
Then what is?
Do you not know either lol you don't haha! Sucker!

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
11 May 05

WTF is god good for?

God is good for improving your vocabulary. Consider valuable contributions like:

Oh my God (better yet OMFG!)! Goddammit! Good God!
or just used by itself: God, I'm freaking hungry.

God also comes with additional features like Jesus:

Jesus Christ! Jesus H. Christ! For Chrissakes. Christ Almighty.

and expands former expletives with the modifiers "holy" and "damn":

Holy sh-t! Holy Crap! Damn (insert noun here or prolong your statement with another adjective)!

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
11 May 05

Originally posted by nationalguardgrl
why does everyone make such a big deal about god? what has he done for anyone? He has done absolutely nothing for me and it will probably stay that way forever. so why even believe in him. what makes you think that people dont just tell you that there is a god just to get you to pray or act decent?
It's a tax dodge, but shhhhh ...

R

California

Moves
11 May 05

Originally posted by telerion
[b]WTF is god good for?

God is good for improving your vocabulary. Consider valuable contributions like:

and expa ...[text shortened]... sh-t! Holy Crap! Damn (insert noun here or prolong your statement with another adjective)!

[/b]
And don't forget if you are Catholic -----you can say Jesus maryin Joseph.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 May 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
Then what is?
Do you not know either lol you don't haha! Sucker!
What part of this post failed to penetrate the lead shielding encasing what sadly passes for a "brain" that is located in your cranium:

As Rwingett has pointed out to you many times, an atheist "believes" that the theist have utterly failed to prove the existence of God. There could conceivably be an afterlife but no God, couldn't there? I believe certain faiths, Buddhists for example, believe in an "afterlife" (perhaps a higher plane of reality would be more accurate - Buddhists help me out here) but not a God.

An atheist need not take any position on the existence of a afterlife; he merely says you clowns haven't proven the existence of God. Can you possibly understand that?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 May 05

I'm not the one who rejects Jesus. I can see him working at your heart right know. Praise God! I shall being praying for you.
Have fun; see if you can have God send Selma Hayek over in an amorous mood while you're at it.

R

California

Moves
11 May 05
1 edit

What part of this post failed to penetrate the lead shielding encasing what sadly passes for a "brain" that is located in your cranium:

As Rwingett has pointed out to you many times, an atheist "believes" that t ...[text shortened]... 't proven the existence of God. Can you possibly understand that?
Are faith is what proves the existance of God.

And God said so in Romans Ch.1, that men are without excuse.

R

California

Moves
11 May 05

[b] Selma Hayek b]
Selma Hayek?

R

California

Moves
11 May 05

As Rwingett has pointed out to you many times, an atheist "believes" that the theist have utterly failed to prove the existence of God. There could conceivably be an afterlife but no God, couldn ...[text shortened]... e merely says you clowns haven't proven the existence of God. Can you possibly understand that?
What about your idea and not RWingnutt's idea?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
11 May 05

Originally posted by telerion
[b]WTF is god good for?

and expa ...[text shortened]... sh-t! Holy Crap! Damn (insert noun here or prolong your statement with another adjective)!

[/b]
Is there a Mrs. Dammit?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
11 May 05

Are faith is what proves the existance of God.

And God said so in Romans Ch.1, that men are without excuse.
oh great now Paul is god 🙁

heck ,,, Paul Dammit dont sound half as good

e

Moves
11 May 05

I believe certain faiths, Buddhists for example, believe in an "afterlife" (perhaps a higher plane of reality would be more accurate - Buddhists help me out here) but not a God.
Buddhists contend that each of us will take re-birth in any number of realms (the Tibetans narrow it to six, including re-birth here on Earth) through the force of the mental imprints we've cultivated from beginingless time.

Buddhists are not necessarily atheists. It's more a matter of working on one's self, understanding one's own mind and eliminating the causes of suffering. They rely on their own efforts in that endeavor. They were implored by the Buddha at his death to work out their own salvation with diligence.

R

California

Moves
11 May 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
oh great now Paul is god 🙁

heck ,,, Paul Dammit dont sound half as good
I didn't say Pual is God. The Bible was written by God through man.

c

Moves
11 May 05

Originally posted by nationalguardgrl
why does everyone make such a big deal about god? what has he done for anyone? He has done absolutely nothing for me and it will probably stay that way forever. so why even believe in him. what makes you think that people dont just tell you that there is a god just to get you to pray or act decent?
It seems to me the question is kinda inside out. A more foundational question is: Why does God make such a big deal about people? What have they ever done for Him? They have done absolutely nothing for Him and it will probably stay that way forever, so why does He even bother with them?

The answer to this line is simple, and leads into answering your question: God makes such a big deal about use because He is good! 'While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us!' And it is this fact, that leads some of us to make such a big deal about God!

But you'll never see God's hand in your life if you don't want to. If you don't see His imprint on creation, then you won't see it in the gift of your life. If you don't see Him relating to you through your conscience, then you won't enjoy the gift of His sacrificial blood, poured out to cover your sins. And if you don't appreciate the relationships you are in (parents maybe? friends? fellow soldiers?), recognizing them as something that God has done for you, then you'll never know the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.

But you must take a step of faith. 'Taste and see that the Lord is good!'