1. Green Bay, Wisconsin
    Moves
    11 May '05 14:28
    why does everyone make such a big deal about god? what has he done for anyone? He has done absolutely nothing for me and it will probably stay that way forever. so why even believe in him. what makes you think that people dont just tell you that there is a god just to get you to pray or act decent?
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 May '05 14:33
    Originally posted by nationalguardgrl
    why does everyone make such a big deal about god? what has he done for anyone? He has done absolutely nothing for me and it will probably stay that way forever. so why even believe in him. what makes you think that people dont just tell you that there is a god just to get you to pray or act decent?
    Idols and superstitions. Keep wearing the same socks all year because it brings good luck. Never step on cracks in the pavement. Offer up a little prayer to whoever's listening up there.
  3. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    11 May '05 14:36
    Crudely put, but truly an excellent question, and one which is not addressed anywhere near enough in this forum. What is the purpose of God? There are as many different answers as there are people to ask, I'm sure. God perhaps exists to bring peace. Or perhaps he is a source of a moral code. Maybe He is simply the image of perfection. And who can forget the idea that God's purpose is to save us from the damnation we have doomed ourselves to. Maybe God merely exists to supply hope for the downtrodden. Any other ideas?

... --- ...
  4. Green Bay, Wisconsin
    Moves
    11 May '05 14:38
    sorry im just an open upfront and honest person. i dont care how i state something just as long as it gets said
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 May '05 14:59
    You mean to say that you don't know what God has done for you!?

He sent His only begotten Son to die for your sins on the cross (2000 years ago) so that you don't need to perish in your sin but have everlasting life with Him in Heaven!
  6. Green Bay, Wisconsin
    Moves
    11 May '05 16:07
    ok wat ever. i dont think that that has anything to do with me. how does that help me??? guess wat it doesnt. yeah i understand some people believe in god but tell me this. why do you believe in god? why should i believe in god? how has he ever helped me? why should a person believe in god?
  7. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    11 May '05 16:09
    ok wat ever. i dont think that that has anything to do with me. how does that help me??? guess wat it doesnt. yeah i understand some people believe in god but tell me this. why do you believe in god? why should i believe in god? how has he ever helped me? why should a person believe in god?
    *pops in from latest Iraq war thread*

Exercise this same type of skepticism in your views on social and political issues and you're set 🙂.
  8. Green Bay, Wisconsin
    Moves
    11 May '05 16:11
    ill try that sometime
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 May '05 16:411 edit
    why does everyone make such a big deal about god? what has he done for anyone? He has done absolutely nothing for me and it will probably stay that way forever. so why even believe in him. what makes you think that people dont just ...[text shortened]... ell you that there is a god just to get you to pray or act decent?
    Why don't you read the thread "Thirsty for the Water of Life".

Jesus can fill the gap in any area of your life, that you are struggling with. Example could be loneliness.
  10. Green Bay, Wisconsin
    Moves
    11 May '05 16:42
    no i dont read books.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    11 May '05 16:43
    This is what God has done for you.
    Romans 5:8
    But God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    11 May '05 16:432 edits
    no i dont read books.
    Who are you responding to click on the reply and quote so we know who you are responding to.

It's not a book it's a thread.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    11 May '05 16:461 edit
    I believe in God, because he made me belive in him, by the power of his Holy Spirit. You need God given faith to believe in him not people faith.
  14. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    11 May '05 17:09
    Hmmm... good questions. Here's a few thoughts.

1. Christ has given my family strength to continue on during some of our deepest struggles. These include loss of employment, poverty, and the loss of a child. I will tell you more if you PM me.

2. He has done something for you. He is seeking you right now and all you need to do is turn to him for help. He may not have been taking an active role in your life but that is becuase you have not asked him for help and believed in him.

3. God and the living Christ is real and alive today. I know this not because someone told me so but because I have experienced his grace and his touch in my life. I have had prayers answered that were not possibly answered by any other means. I have had words of knowledge told to me by strangers who new nothing about the situation. It is truly amazing to have a relationship with Christ.

4. Please remember this. While there are parables and other stories in the Bible, the Gospels are eyewitness testimonies about what happened. They were published close enough to the events that they could have been discounted had they been false. But they have held up to scrutiny. (arguably by some non-believers I guess)

Here my final point. If I'm wrong then I'll have lived my life being a nice guy and won't have an afterlife. If you're wrong then you'll spend eternity somewhere warm and I'll be partying down on streets of gold.

Bryan
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 May '05 17:17
    Originally posted by ChessNut
    If I'm wrong then I'll have lived my life being a nice guy and won't have an afterlife.
    Not necessarily true. The afterlife could be something far different than what you expect...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree