1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:23
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    In my opinion, anyone who devotes that much time to trying to convince people that God doesn’t exist actually do believe God exists and hate Him for whatever reason.
    So your assertion is that atheists like me "actually do believe God exists"?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:25
    What was the simple definition? It obviously, to me, was not memorable.
    The thread was started for you. The 'simple definition' was in the first post of the thread.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:25
    Originally posted by @fmf
    So do you have any examples from this community of atheists who you claim are actually theists?
    Not interested in personalizing it. I think any self-described atheist who devotes more than an hour a day to arguing God doesn’t exist is either a God hater or has a screw loose. Maybe both.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:26
    The thread was started for you. The 'simple definition' was in the first post of the thread.
    What was it?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:26
    Not interested in personalizing it. I think any self-described atheist who devotes more than an hour a day to arguing God doesn’t exist is either a God hater or has a screw loose. Maybe both.
    Do you think there are any atheists in this community or is everybody a theist?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:27
    So your assertion is that atheists like me "actually do believe God exists"?
    Do you spend more than an hour a day trying to convince people God doesn’t exist?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:27
    What was it?
    Go and look for yourself. The thread was started for your benefit and you posted on it countless times and discussed agnostic atheism directly with me.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:32
    Do you spend more than an hour a day trying to convince people God doesn’t exist?
    I have never tried to convince anyone that their god figures do not exist. Never here, never in the 'real world'. Indeed, I have stated here on umpteen occasions that people should believe what they want and if their religious beliefs give them what they need, then that's good, especially if it helps them live their lives in a morally sound way. I was a Christian myself for the better part of thirty years so I know full well what reinforcement and sense of purpose it can provide someone with. You appear to have got completely the wrong end of the stick.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:33
    Do you think there are any atheists in this community or is everybody a theist?
    I don’t think every self-described atheist in here spends at least an hour a day every day arguing that God doesn’t exist. Those are probably genuine atheists. I mean if you thought you would simply cease to exist after you died, why not try to enjoy life as much as possible while you’re alive, considering you could kick the bucket next week? What satisfaction is there in convincing someone else they’ll simply cease to exist?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:34
    I have never tried to convince anyone that their god figures do not exist. Never here, never in the 'real world'. Indeed, I have stated here on umpteen occasions that people should believe what they want and if their religious beliefs give them what they need, then that's good, especially if it helps them live their lives in a morally sound way. I was a Christi ...[text shortened]... rpose it can provide someone with. You appear to have got completely the wrong end of the stick.
    Then you’re obviously not the person I was describing in my general observation. I told you not to take it personally and that I wasn’t interested in personalizing it.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:36
    Go and look for yourself. The thread was started for your benefit and you posted on it countless times and discussed agnostic atheism directly with me.
    I don’t recall the meaning of the term and doubt I discussed the term itself with you.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:36
    I don’t think every self-described atheist in here spends at least an hour a day every day arguing that God doesn’t exist. Those are probably genuine atheists. I mean if you thought you would simply cease to exist after you died, why not try to enjoy life as much as possible while you’re alive, considering you could kick the bucket next week? What satisfaction is there in convincing someone else they’ll simply cease to exist?
    Well, you already know what Ghost of a Duke and my answers to all this are. You have no more forgotten what we said in our answers than you have forgotten what the definition of an 'agnostic atheist' is. You should ask the other atheists here what interests them about the topics that fall under this Forum's remit. Do you think Ghost of a Duke and I are atheists or theists?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:37
    I don’t recall the meaning of the term and doubt I discussed the term itself with you.
    That thread was started expressly for you.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:38
    Then you’re obviously not the person I was describing in my general observation. I told you not to take it personally and that I wasn’t interested in personalizing it.
    So does this mean that you now accept that I am an atheist?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:38
    I have never tried to convince anyone that their god figures do not exist. Never here, never in the 'real world'. Indeed, I have stated here on umpteen occasions that people should believe what they want and if their religious beliefs give them what they need, then that's good, especially if it helps them live their lives in a morally sound way. I was a Christi ...[text shortened]... rpose it can provide someone with. You appear to have got completely the wrong end of the stick.
    <<I was a Christian myself for the better part of thirty years so I know full well what reinforcement and sense of purpose it can provide someone with.>>

Hate to break it to you, but if you were genuinely a Christian, I suspect you still are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree