1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:40
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Hate to break it to you, but if you were genuinely a Christian, I suspect you still are.
    You are entitled to suspect what you want and whether or not you would consider me to have been "genuinely a Christian" for all those years is moot.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:40
    Originally posted by @fmf
    So does this mean that you now accept that I am an atheist?
    I have no idea if you are an atheist or not. I’d have to be able to read your mind to know for sure.

And why you say “now accept” as though I didn’t accept it before is a bit puzzling, but whatever.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:41
    I have no idea if you are an atheist or not. I’d have to be able to read your mind to know for sure.
    You can just read my posts, it's easy.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:42
    You are entitled to suspect what you want and whether or not you would consider me to have been "genuinely a Christian" for all those years is moot.
    That’s between you and God. If you were genuinely a Christian and later walked away from God, He didn’t walk away from you and is still with you.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:43
    And why you say “now accept” as though I didn’t accept it before is a bit puzzling, but whatever.
    Do you accept that Ghost of a Duke and I are atheists or not? It's you who seems to be questioning whether 'online atheists' are in fact theists.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:44
    That’s between you and God. If you were genuinely a Christian and later walked away from God, He didn’t walk away from you and is still with you.
    That’s between you and God.

For me, clearly it is not.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:46
    Do you accept that Ghost of a Duke and I are atheists or not? It's you who seems to be questioning whether 'online atheists' are in fact theists.
    I was making a general observation that goes well beyond this website and I gave a working definition for what I consider to be a God hater and not an atheist.

If self-described atheists don’t fit that definition, then obviously they’re not who I’m referring to.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:48
    [b]That’s between you and God.

For me, clearly it is not.[/b]
    I’m not so sure about that. If you deny your next-door neighbor exists, does he cease to exist simply because you don’t believe he exists? God may smack you upside the head one of these days to get your attention.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:49
    I can see why believers spend a lot of time talking about God and the Bible. They’re trying to learn more about God and perhaps do their part to fulfil the Great Commission (i.e. lead people to Christ.)
    This Forum is clearly for both believers and non-believers. If you sincerely believe it is your "Great Commission" lead non-believers to Christ, perhaps you should do better to understand the non-believers here that you have the opportunity to engage with. Your wittering-on-about-"pink unicorns", like earlier, is not the way to go about it.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:51
    I’m not so sure about that. If you deny your next-door neighbor exists, does he cease to exist simply because you don’t believe he exists? God may smack you upside the head one of these days to get your attention.
    Well, I don't believe the god figure that you describe and promote exists so it's obvious then that there is nothing "between" me and that god figure. The "deny your next-door neighbour exists" analogy is a dud.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 05:51
    I was making a general observation that goes well beyond this website and I gave a working definition for what I consider to be a God hater and not an atheist.

If self-described atheists don’t fit that definition, then obviously they’re not who I’m referring to.
    So do you accept that Ghost of a Duke and I are atheists or not?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 06:00
    Do you spend more than an hour a day trying to convince people God doesn’t exist?
    My answer: I have never tried to convince anyone that their god figures do not exist. Never here, never in the 'real world'. Indeed, I have stated here on umpteen occasions that people should believe what they want and if their religious beliefs give them what they need, then that's good, especially if it helps them live their lives in a morally sound way. I was a Christian myself for the better part of thirty years so I know full well what reinforcement and sense of purpose it can provide someone with. You appear to have got completely the wrong end of the stick.

We shall wait and see how long it is before you claim you cannot "recall" me saying this and cannot "recall" reading it.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 07:08
    This Forum is clearly for both believers and non-believers. If you sincerely believe it is your "Great Commission" lead non-believers to Christ, perhaps you should do better to understand the non-believers here that you have the opportunity to engage with. Your wittering-on-about-"pink unicorns", like earlier, is not the way to go about it.
    You’re making too many assumptions. I wasn’t referring to myself when I was speaking about the Great Commission nor was I referring to anyone specific when I was referring to God haters. Why do you keep trying to personalize this conversation?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 07:09
    Well, I don't believe the god figure that you describe and promote exists so it's obvious then that there is nothing "between" me and that god figure. The "deny your next-door neighbour exists" analogy is a dud.
    Just because you deny God exists doesn’t mean He doesn’t exist.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '18 07:12
    So do you accept that Ghost of a Duke and I are atheists or not?
    Why do you insist on trying to personalize this conversation? It’s very strange. I provided a working definition for a God hater masquerading as an atheist. If that doesn’t fit you, fine. I haven’t read your posts closely enough or remembered them well enough to know if it fits you or not, nor do I really care.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree