Xians: Does anyone exist who has never sinned?

Xians: Does anyone exist who has never sinned?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Jul 07

If sin is something we choose or choose not to do, then it stands to reason that there are occasionally people who never sin. Now Jesus was supposedly one of these people, but he was supposedly God so there might be special rules for him.

Is it possible that there are people who are not God yet have managed to choose not to sin?

d

Moves
24 Jul 07

Most probably, not, and even so, the chances of it being you are minimal. Here are some relevant passages and the one exception I could find 🙂

No sinless people:
Ecclesiastes 7:20, Romans 3:10, Isaiah 64:6

Noah was perfect:
Genesis 6:9,

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Jul 07
1 edit

What happened to free will? How can there be free will yet everyone chooses the same thing?

What does it say about God if everyone chooses not to be with him?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
24 Jul 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
If sin is something we choose or choose not to do, then it stands to reason that there are occasionally people who never sin. Now Jesus was supposedly one of these people, but he was supposedly God so there might be special rules for him.

Is it possible that there are people who are not God yet have managed to choose not to sin?
Not all sins are choices. The original one isn't, for example.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
24 Jul 07

Well, if I remember correctly part of "sin" involved knowing you were doing something wrong and choosing to do it anyway. I don't know where "disagreeing with whether it's right or wrong" would fit in because it seems to me that an awful lot of sin would fall into that category. There may be other mitigating factors as well. I bring these up because I'm curious how others see these things in light of their definitions of sin. Does someone with Down's Syndrome who ALSO didn't receive the care and education they needed to reach their potential have the capacity to sin? What about a sociopath? Is someone who doesn't seem to have the internal mechanisms in place NOT to sin to be judged the same as those of us with more mainstream ethics?

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
24 Jul 07

Originally posted by Palynka
Yeah, God was mighty pissed off the day he discovered Adam had sinned. Really messed things up for the rest of us. I lament both Adam's irrational decision to do the one thing he was told not to do, and God's apparent innability to control his anger.

d

Moves
24 Jul 07

What happened to free will? How can there be free will yet everyone chooses the same thing?

What does it say about God if [b]everyone
chooses not to be with him?[/b]
There's little evidence that free will exists.

j

Moves
24 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by TheSkipper
Yeah, God was mighty pissed off the day he discovered Adam had sinned. Really messed things up for the rest of us. I lament both Adam's irrational decision to do the one thing he was told not to do, and God's apparent innability to control his anger.
++++++++++++++++++++++++
God's apparent innability to control his anger.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Your accusation is an evil slander against God.

When Adan sinned God came looking for Adam asking Adam "Where are you?" (Genesis 3:9) . Now of course God knew where Adam was hiding. But He was lovingly giving Adam an opportunity to realize where he was. He asked Adam to consider how their the sweet fellowship between man and God had been interrupted by Adam's disobedience.

God did not go drag Adam out from behind a tree in rage. You slander God saying that He cannot control His anger.

You must not read the Bible very much at all. Satan has filled your heart to slander God with accusations. He has been controlling His anger for centries, centries, waiting for you too to confess your own need for salvation.

d

Moves
24 Jul 07

he tried to kill moses. I'd think it's fair to say he has anger management problems in the OT.

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
24 Jul 07

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]++++++++++++++++++++++++
God's apparent innability to control his anger.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When Adan sinned God came looking for Adam asking Adam "Where are you?" (Genesis 3:9) . Now of course God knew where Adam was hiding. But He was lovingly giving Adam an opport ...[text shortened]... is anger for centries, centries, waiting for you too to confess your own need for salvation.[/b]

Spare me.

Check out Genesis 3:14-24. In that passage you will find your god damning serpents, men, women and even the ground (we are all still a little curious as to just what the ground did to deserve such treatment). Not only does he curse all these things, but every subsequent generation, which clearly could not have played a role in Adam and Eve's disobedience.

In fact, the entire passage reads like the rant of a moderately eloquent spoiled child who has just been denied a cookie.

Find me a parent who treats their children like God treated Adam, Eve, serpent-kind, human-kind (and the ground!), and you have found a parent in grave danger of losing their children to the state.

I can think of few better examples of a lack of anger management than the one found in Genesis Chapter 3.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jul 07

What if Jesus is not God? He would be the only man who did not sin...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jul 07

I don't think He was angry, I think He was sad and did the only thing He could do...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jul 07

Originally posted by doodinthemood
There's little evidence that free will exists.
You had free will to post....😕

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jul 07

[b]Your accusation is an evil slander against God.

Spare me.

Check out Genesis 3:14-24. In that passage you will find your god damning serpents, men, women and even the ground (we are all still a little curious as to just what the ground did to deserve such treatment). Not only does he curse all these things, but every subsequent generation, w ...[text shortened]... k of few better examples of a lack of anger management than the one found in Genesis Chapter 3.[/b]
You obviously do not understand God's holiness....

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jul 07

Originally posted by Palynka
How so? It looked like a choice to me. "Don't eat of the forbidden fruit." ....Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit...😕