1. Gangster Land
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:56
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You obviously do not understand God's holiness....
    I guess you're right, holiness that involves cursing the ground and behaving like a child is truly beyond me.
  2. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 20:58
    You had free will to post....😕
    But I didn't though. Would I have posted had someone else not mentioned free will? Probably not. It is the previous posts that brought about my decision to post my reply, and I was never going to not post, so by what extent could it be said my will was free?
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 21:23
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]++++++++++++++++++++++++
    God's apparent innability to control his anger.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Your accusation is an evil slander against God.
    [/b]
    Numbers 25

1 Now Israel remained in Acacia Grove,[a] and the people began to commit harlotry with the women of Moab. 2 They invited the people to the sacrifices of their gods, and the people ate and bowed down to their gods. 3 So Israel was joined to Baal of Peor, and the anger of the LORD was aroused against Israel.
    4 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Take all the leaders of the people and hang the offenders before the LORD, out in the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may turn away from Israel.”
    5 So Moses said to the judges of Israel, “Every one of you kill his men who were joined to Baal of Peor.”
    6 And indeed, one of the children of Israel came and presented to his brethren a Midianite woman in the sight of Moses and in the sight of all the congregation of the children of Israel, who were weeping at the door of the tabernacle of meeting. 7 Now when Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose from among the congregation and took a javelin in his hand; 8 and he went after the man of Israel into the tent and thrust both of them through, the man of Israel, and the woman through her body. So the plague was stopped among the children of Israel. 9 And those who died in the plague were twenty-four thousand.

Your God badly needs anger management therapy.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 21:33
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    If sin is something we choose or choose not to do, then it stands to reason that there are occasionally people who never sin. Now Jesus was supposedly one of these people, but he was supposedly God so there might be special rules for him.

Is it possible that there are people who are not God yet have managed to choose not to sin?
    You are right in that Christ is the only sinless man who ever walked the earth. However, you are wrong in that we are all forced to choose sin. If this is so then why did Chirst say he came to break the power of sin and death in our lives? We may have been born in sin but that does not mean we must also die in our sins.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 21:451 edit
    How so? It looked like a choice to me. "Don't eat of the forbidden fruit." ....Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit...😕
    Of course. But Adam and Eve have been dead for a long time.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 22:00
    Originally posted by doodinthemood
    But I didn't though. Would I have posted had someone else not mentioned free will? Probably not. It is the previous posts that brought about my decision to post my reply, and I was never going to not post, so by what extent could it be said my will was free?
    Yes, but you decided, no?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 22:20
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Of course. But Adam and Eve have been dead for a long time.
    But what is not being said is what transpired through their disobedience.
    Many think an apple was involved, but the bible does not say apple, it says fruit, which is symbolic. It does not tell us precisely what this fruit was. It also does not tell us in Genesis, all that transpired. A brief summary is this...Adam was given authority over all the Earth, even named the animals. Satan deceived Eve first and to question God, doubt Him, etc.
    What happened when they sinned, was that all the authority God gave Adam, was transferred over to Satan. Satan tricked them, but Adam and Eve who already, I believe, had eternal life disobeyed and sinned for the first time. They lost everything. God hates sin and was already planning how to redeem mankind. That is what Genesis 3:15 is about. The promised Redeemer, Jesus Christ who is also called the "second Adam."
    The difference is that the second Adam did not sin. He obeyed God perfectly, even unto death. By His righteous deed He made it possible to redeem man back to God. Every man born since Adam receives Adam's sinful nature....when they confess Jesus as Lord they receive a new nature.....that is as simple as I can explain it.
    The rest of the bible, namely the Old Testament is Satan trying to stop this Redeemer from ever being born. After He is born, he tries to kill Jesus, trick Jesus, just like Adam, but the Son of God would not relent. He perfectly obeyed God. He was the only one who could love God back perfectly. He did not inherit Adam's sinful nature...God created the seed in Mary and the rest is history....
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 22:231 edit
    ...Adam was given authority over all the Earth, even named the animals. ....
    ...the animals that were simultaneously formed before and after Adam was...

Nemesio
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 23:53
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    ...the animals that were simultaneously formed before and after Adam was...

Nemesio
    I don't understand your comment. If the bible does not say, then I do not know....

Gen 2:19-20
    19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.
    20 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field....
    (NKJ)
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 00:04
    I don't understand your comment. If the bible does not say, then I do not know....

Gen 2:19-20
    19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.
    20 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field....
    (NKJ)
    Right. In Genesis 2, the animals are formed after Adam's formation.
    Not so in Genesis 1.

Nemesio
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 00:10
    Right. In Genesis 2, the animals are formed after Adam's formation.
    Not so in Genesis 1.

Nemesio
    So? Cannot God give more detail in Genesis 2 ? Like He does in 1-2 Kings and Chronicles? Besides what does this have to do with sin?
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 00:12
    So? Cannot God give more detail in Genesis 2 ?
    Um. In Genesis 1 it says that the animals were made before Adam.

Nemesio
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 00:21
    Um. In Genesis 1 it says that the animals were made before Adam.

Nemesio
    Um, no it does not say before. It simply says they were formed. In Genesis 2 there is more detail....
  14. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 00:28
    Um, no it does not say before. It simply says they were formed. In Genesis 2 there is more detail....
    Genesis 1:24-26

Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth all kinds of living creatures:
    cattle, and all kinds of creeping things, and wild animals of all kinds."
    And so it happened: God made all kinds of wild animals, all kinds of
    cattle, and all kinds of creeping things of the earth. God saw how good
    it was. Then God said: "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.
    Let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air,
    and the cattle, and over all the wild animals and all the creatures that crawl
    on the ground."

So, you're telling me that this text says that man was created before
    the animals?

Nemesio
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 00:51
    Genesis 1:24-26

[i]Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth all kinds of living creatures:
    cattle, and all kinds of creeping things, and wild animals of all kinds."
    And so it happened: God made all kinds of wild animals, all kinds of
    cattle, and all kinds of creeping things of the earth. God saw how good
    it was. [b]Then God said: "Let us make man ...[text shortened]... you're telling me that this text says that man was created before
    the animals?

Nemesio
    No, I think you are right. He created the animals first. Genesis 1 contains the order of events, Genesis 2 contains detail not given in Gensesis 1. I don't see a problem here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree