1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:02
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Your option #1 poses quite a problem for Christianity.
    Most Christians discount #1 and believe #2.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Most Christians discount #1 and believe #2.
    You can speak for most Christians?

Until very recently, I gave this matter no thought at all. What makes you think 'most' Christians have considered the chromosome issue?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:25
    You can speak for most Christians?
    The belief in the miraculous circumstances surrounding Jesus' birth is widely held by Christians and has been for many centuries.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:27
    What makes you think 'most' Christians have considered the chromosome issue?
    The nature and definition of "miracle" takes care of "the chromosome issue", does it not?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    The nature and definition of "miracle" takes care of "the chromosome issue", does it not?
    That's not what I asked you.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:301 edit
    FMF: The nature and definition of "miracle" takes care of "the chromosome issue", does it not?

That's not what I asked you.
    It's the answer to what you asked me.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:321 edit
    What makes you think 'most' Christians have considered the chromosome issue?
    This is like asking ~ When Christians think about the miracle of raising Lazarus from the dead, have they considered the fact that Lazarus was dead and that it was impossible to bring him back from the dead?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is like asking ~ When Christians think about the miracle of raising Lazarus from the dead, have they considered the fact that Lazarus was dead and that it was impossible to bring him back from the dead?
    I disagree with your example.

I want to know if Christians have considered the chromosome issue specifically.

If no, they are now aware.
    If yes, then maybe they have chosen the miracle option, as you have.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:46
    I want to know if Christians have considered the chromosome issue specifically.

If no, they are now aware.
    If yes, then maybe they have chosen the miracle option, as you have.
    To Christians who believe in the miracle of Jesus' virgin birth, there is no "chromosome issue".

How have I "chosen the miracle option"? You realize I am not a Christian, right?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:47
    I disagree with your example.
    Why? The virgin birth ~ a miracle exempt from natural or scientific laws. Lazarus being raised from the dead ~ a miracle exempt from natural or scientific laws. What's wrong with the comparison?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    To Christians who believe in the miracle of Jesus' virgin birth, there is no "chromosome issue".

How have I "chosen the miracle option"? You realize I am not a Christian, right?
    I know you are not a Christian.....now.

But, you were. Did you consider this issue then?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:511 edit
    I know you are not a Christian.....now.
    So how is it you think I have "chosen the miracle option" as you claimed (above)?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:54
    Did you consider this issue [when you were a Christian]?
    Stuff like "the virgin birth" was of little or no interest to me when I was a Christian.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why? The virgin birth ~ a miracle exempt from natural or scientific laws. Lazarus being raised from the dead ~ a miracle exempt from natural or scientific laws. What's wrong with the comparison?
    Miracles likely still must maintain physical law.

Meaning, Jesus must have the Y chromosome. You are trying to input a miracle that NT writers were not aware of.

Meaning......WE NOW view the chromosome issue as a possible issue, which they didn't know.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Stuff like "the virgin birth" was of little or no interest to me when I was a Christian.
    Then I question your Christianity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree