Originally posted by chaney3
    Then I question your Christianity.
    So what?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:01
    Miracles likely still must maintain physical law.
    No they don't, by their very definition.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:021 edit
    Meaning, Jesus must have the Y chromosome. You are trying to input a miracle that NT writers were not aware of.
    You honestly think that people 2,000 years ago were so primitive that they hadn't figured out that conception was the result of men and women having sex and that a "virgin birth" was therefore a miracle?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:04
    Meaning......WE NOW view the chromosome issue as a possible issue, which they didn't know.
    Why did people have to know "the chromosome issue" in order to know that sexual intercourse was necessary in order to conceive children?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why did people have to know "the chromosome issue" in order to know that sexual intercourse was necessary in order to conceive children?
    Because.....if one is not aware of the Y chromosome issue, then one could conceive the notion of immaculate conception.

Are you getting it?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:15
    Because.....if one is not aware of the Y chromosome issue, then one could conceive the notion of immaculate conception.

Are you getting it?
    You are ignoring what I am saying. Conception through sexual intercourse was understood. Conception without sexual intercourse would have been seen as impossible and therefore, if it occurred, it would be seen as a miracle. Knowledge of the biology chromosomes was not necessary or relevant.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are ignoring what I am saying. Conception through sexual intercourse was understood. Conception without sexual intercourse would have been seen as impossible and therefore, if it occurred, it would be seen as a miracle. Knowledge of the biology chromosomes was not necessary or relevant.
    Explain where the Y chromosome came from.

According to your posts, God provided it. Right?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:22
    Explain where the Y chromosome came from.

According to your posts, God provided it. Right?
    Personally, I assume it was provided by Joseph.

Christians who believe in the "virgin birth", on the other hand, believe that Jesus was conceived by Mary through the agency of the Holy Spirit and that it was therefore a miracle.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Personally, I assume it was provided by Joseph.

Christians who believe in the "virgin birth", on the other hand, believe that Jesus was conceived by Mary through the agency of the Holy Spirit and that it was therefore a miracle.
    So......the Holy Spirit provided the Y chromosome?

Tell your pal Dive that Christianity needs more evidence before one commits their soul to it.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:30
    Tell your pal Dive that Christianity needs more evidence before one commits their soul to it.
    Is this what you've been itching to say all along?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:32
    So......the Holy Spirit provided the Y chromosome?
    If it's true, and this is indeed what happened, then it must have been a miracle, because under the natural and scientific laws that govern our lives, the Y chromosome needed to have come from a human male.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is this what you've been itching to say all along?
    Absolutely not.

I will hear his BS before I comment.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:361 edit
    chaney3: Tell your pal Dive that Christianity needs more evidence before one commits their soul to it.

FMF: Is this what you've been itching to say all along?

Absolutely not.
    So it was a spontaneous 'discussion point'?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:39
    I will hear his BS before I comment.
    Do you think that the concept of Jesus' birth being the result of a miracle is "BS"?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think that the concept of Jesus' birth being the result of a miracle is "BS"?
    You do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree