1. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 00:41
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"haha, what a bunch of losers with a capital L, look at you, like a bunch of old women gossiping, oh did you hear this, oh did you here that. Get and a life and get over it, we are not you, you are not us, we have our own beliefs and practices, you have yours, we are trying to do Gods will, you are not, in fact, i challenge anyone of you to even tell the ...[text shortened]... hose verses out of their context though. They have no application to this particular topic.
    no you have not stated what the will of God is, all you have stated is that belief may be necessary, they are not one and the same, sorry - Christ states that Gods will is done, those doing the will of the father etc etc, that is not the same as believing, one does not do belief, one has a belief, therefore it must be something else, you have not as yet answered the question and cannot claim the prize.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 00:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no you have not stated what the will of God is, all you have stated is that belief may be necessary, they are not one and the same, sorry - Christ states that Gods will is done, those doing the will of the father etc etc, that is not the same as believing, one does not do belief, one has a belief, therefore it must be something else, you have not as yet answered the question and cannot claim the prize.
    Okay. What is the first thing one needs to do to do the will of God?

Mind you I'm just exploring. This isn't a challenge, except maybe to us both.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 00:54

i am not telling you, you need to work it out for yourself! do a search on Gods will or something 🙂
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 01:21
    i am not telling you, you need to work it out for yourself! do a search on Gods will or something 🙂
    I'm not asking you to TELL me.

I'm asking you to tell me what you believe is the first thing one needs to do in order to do the will of God.

What's the matter robbie? I answered your challenge to state what the will of God is by saying it is to believe in His Son.

Look. "God's will" is a broad subject. There's no way to have a meaningful discussion about it here.

I'm just curious about what you think one needs to do first to begin to do the will of God.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 01:33
    next time a Buddhist knocks on my door and sets himself on fire, i will tell him, sorry mate im not interested, go get a life! you wallow in prejudice and any claims that you make of open mindedness are frankly quite false, irrespective of what you claim. a hollow man issuing forth nothing but mocking tones, a clashing cymbal devoid of understanding.
    Your going to tell me that JW's don't preach AT people, visit, not listen to others far more than any other christian denomination or any other religon for that matter?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 01:43

First thing to do is to get your linguistics right and make sure you know what the hell you are talking about. And the only one who can do that properly is you,(possibly with the help of others).

Without a proper interpretation of what words mean there is no point on acting upon those words.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 02:28
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    First thing to do is to get your linguistics right and make sure you know what the hell you are talking about. And the only one who can do that properly is you,(possibly with the help of others).

Without a proper interpretation of what words mean there is no point on acting upon those words.
    You're a fine one to talk about linguistics.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 03:101 edit
    You're a fine one to talk about linguistics.
    I do try. I am honest.

And yes, I think I have to agree with you, I do have different meanings for words than say..you ,for example.

However I try to allign my words with their real meanings whereas as you seem to want to keep yourself separated from your creator.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 03:29
    I do try. I am honest.

And yes, I think I have to agree with you, I do have different meanings for words than say..you ,for example.

However I try to allign my words with their real meanings whereas as you seem to want to keep yourself separated from your creator.
    You hit the nail on the head.

The meanings of words has been deliberated for thousands of years. The acceptable definitions and meanings of words have been hashed out and put into books called dictionaries.

I use words with meanings already defined long before I arrived on the scene.

Like the ones I'm using now.

If we intend to communicate our ideas we must use words with universally accepted meanings. That's what communicators do.

But there are those who use words in a way that confound and confuse. They say things like "words have no meaning" or "words mean different things to different people". While there is an element of truth to all that, it serves no purpose not to know what we mean by the words we use. That's why there are dictionaries.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 03:371 edit
    You hit the nail on the head.

The meanings of words has been deliberated for thousands of years. The acceptable definitions and meanings of words have been hashed out and put into books called dictionaries.

I use words with meanings already defined long before I arrived on the scene.

Like the ones I'm using now.

If we intend to communicate our i purpose not to know what we mean by the words we use. That's why there are dictionaries.
    Language is not static. It keeps changing and evolving to reflect society.

One of the major upcoming changes of words will be the word "human" .
    I believe in the future the word "human" will be what would now be called something like "spiritually enightened person"

Other than that there are 'crossover' words like "androgynous". While this word was necessary to convey a certain meaning for a while in the future it will no longer be necessary and hence be wiped from our dictionaries.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 03:55
    Language is not static. It keeps changing and evolving to reflect society.

One of the major upcoming changes of words will be the word "human" .
    I believe in the future the word "human" will be what would now be called something like "spiritually enightened person"

Other than that there are 'crossover' words like "androgynous". While this word w ...[text shortened]... in the future it will no longer be necessary and hence be wiped from our dictionaries.
    I'm glad God never changes.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 05:03
    I'm glad God never changes.
    What? You mean Her essence doesn't change ? Or that She never changes her eternal patience for her silly little humans? Or something else?
  13. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 07:24
    Because the other denominations dont come incessesantly to your door to preach. And even when you say 'no thnx' they say 'I'll see you in two weeks'.
    I believe "Mormons" is the correct response to your incorrect assertion, 😉
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 07:26
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The JWs hold themselves out to be morally and spiritually superior to other Christians. Thats the reason for threads like these.
    And again, I think just a little inspection will reveal this to not be unique to Jehovah's Witnesses.
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 07:27
    Your going to tell me that JW's don't preach AT people, visit, not listen to others far more than any other christian denomination or any other religon for that matter?
    See "Mormons"' above. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree