Yet Another JW Thread

Yet Another JW Thread

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
18 Jan 10

Originally posted by josephw
I'm not asking you to TELL me.

I'm asking you to tell me what you believe is the first thing one needs to do in order to do the will of God.

What's the matter robbie? I answered your challenge to state what the will of God is by saying it is to believe in His Son.

Look. "God's will" is a broad subject. There's no way to have a meaningful discussio ...[text shortened]... urious about what you think one needs to do [b]first
to begin to do the will of God.[/b]
one must first try to ascertain what the will of God is, otherwise how can you do it?

F

Moves
18 Jan 10

Jehovas Witness cult is such a small religion, compared to christianity, so what the culters say in this thread should be read only as an amusement.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
one must first try to ascertain what the will of God is, otherwise how can you do it?
The will of God is revealed in His Word.

That means God's Word is the final authority.

But again, what is the first thing one must do, to do the will of God?

rc

Moves
18 Jan 10
1 edit

The will of God is revealed in His Word.

That means God's Word is the final authority.

But again, what is the first thing one must do, to do the will of God?
you must know what it is, therefore the first thing you must do is study and research.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 10

you must know what it is, therefore the first thing you must do is study and research.
Twenty eight years, half my life. Is that enough?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 Jan 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
They would be very similar in my opinion. I for one know of no Christians who follow that particular guideline. Do you? Im sure there are though.

Also the list of restrictions that the typical JW lives under are far in excess of what was recommended by Paul.
The main thing I've heard about the JW's that I did not like is that they shunned members of their own family. And yet, it does not seem like every JW does this. IIRC, one of the two prominent ones here has a wife who is of another faith.

Could it be possible that not all JWs blindly go along with every single command on your quoted list, but rather decide what to follow based on their own conscience?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jan 10

Originally posted by SwissGambit
The main thing I've heard about the JW's that I did not like is that they shunned members of their own family. And yet, it does not seem like every JW does this. IIRC, one of the two prominent ones here has a wife who is of another faith.

Could it be possible that not all JWs blindly go along with every single command on your quoted list, but rather decide what to follow based on their own conscience?
Not only is it possible that many JWs ignore some of the guidelines laid down by the leaders of their organisation, its even likely that it is so. But they risk disfellowshipping. The point of all this is that the restrictions imposed by the guidelines are far in excess of what is recommended in the Bible.

rc

Moves
19 Jan 10

Twenty eight years, half my life. Is that enough?
i dont know, is it?

rc

Moves
19 Jan 10
2 edits

Not only is it possible that many JWs ignore some of the guidelines laid down by the leaders of their organisation, its even likely that it is so. But they risk disfellowshipping. The point of all this is that the restrictions imposed by the guidelines are far in excess of what is recommended in the Bible.
people get disfellowshiped for wrong conduct, not holding a different conscience, what a muppet you really are proving to be. An expert on Jehovahs witnesses all of a sudden, yet he cannot even tell who appointed him judge over the consciences of others, I wonder why? nor is his apostate list accurate haha, what a swamp gator!

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Jan 10

What's the real point? That JWs have more restrictions? After all, the Bible has little gems like:
"Let the women keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but let them subject themselves, just as the Law also says. And if they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church."
that rate equally high on the ridiculousness scale.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jan 10

Originally posted by SwissGambit
What's the real point? That JWs have more restrictions? After all, the Bible has little gems like:
"Let the women keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but let them subject themselves, just as the Law also says. And if they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church."
that rate equally high on the ridiculousness scale.
maybe some resemblence to Islam as well?

(Of course these are well trodden arguements for many but SwissGambit brings up a good point)

F

Moves
19 Jan 10

If this kind of list is defended by this thread's known JW culters, then this is a reason to be warned about them. Don't ever seek for membership in this cult. If you're in, you will never get out. You'll lose your thinking abilities, you'll follow your leader and master, even if he does wrong. And worse, you defend him all the way. You're programmed.

It's really a sad thing. People who read the thread might think that this is rules for any christian and any christian community in general. It's not. If this is what JW lives by, then they cannot be sound christians. But that's what signify culters. They say "Only we are christians, real christians. Those who not live like we do aren't real christians. That's only one way, and that's our way."

If JW is real christians, then I don't want to be christian, never, ever.
But they aren't. Christians in general (not the fundamentalist ones of course) are loving and caring, they are not judgemental to others, and the seems to be happy. Culters seem to be very unhappy, tragic, fearsome of doing right or wrong, in order to reach their 'nirvana'.

R

The Smoke

Moves
19 Jan 10

... do a search on Gods will or something 🙂
what Robbie really meant was 'google' it..

F

Moves
19 Jan 10

Originally posted by Renars
what Robbie really meant was 'google' it..
...because he cannot get it from the horses mouth.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jan 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
If this kind of list is defended by this thread's known JW culters, then this is a reason to be warned about them. Don't ever seek for membership in this cult. If you're in, you will never get out. You'll lose your thinking abilities, you'll follow your leader and master, even if he does wrong. And worse, you defend him all the way. You're programmed.

...[text shortened]... , tragic, fearsome of doing right or wrong, in order to reach their 'nirvana'.
Youre right. Although all Christianity does involve some kind of indoctrination, it is far less severe in most other sects. If Christ wanted people to live like the typical JW those do's and dont's would be made clearer in the Bible.