1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    06 Aug '11 21:40
    Spontaneous generation of a living cell is as improbable as a cyclone building a Boeing 747 with passengers on board and all playing computer games. (Sir Fred Hoyle)
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    06 Aug '11 21:47
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Spontaneous generation of a living cell is as improbable as a cyclone building a Boeing 747 with passengers on board and all playing computer games. (Sir Fred Hoyle)
    An event overcomes all counter-arguments that are based on its likelihood.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35579
    06 Aug '11 22:13
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Spontaneous generation of a living cell is as improbable as a cyclone building a Boeing 747 with passengers on board and all playing computer games. (Sir Fred Hoyle)
    You claim you're not a troll as dive suggests, and yet you regularly pop out these pithy sayings seeming to support your theses.

    Sorry, I fed my popcorn to the ducks.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    06 Aug '11 22:181 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Spontaneous generation of a living cell is as improbable as a cyclone building a Boeing 747 with passengers on board and all playing computer games. (Sir Fred Hoyle)
    Spontaneous generation of the post above is as improbable as an earthquake building a moped with a schizophrenic passenger on board who thinks he's a pogo stick. (me)
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148564
    07 Aug '11 01:37
    Originally posted by JS357
    An event overcomes all counter-arguments that are based on its likelihood.
    Talk about circular, you got something better than that?
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12730
    07 Aug '11 01:58
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Spontaneous generation of the post above is as improbable as an earthquake building a moped with a schizophrenic passenger on board who thinks he's a pogo stick. (me)
    That sounds like evolution to me.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    07 Aug '11 04:37
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Talk about circular, you got something better than that?
    Kelly
    Nothing better is needed.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    07 Aug '11 04:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That sounds like evolution to me.
    You fail to appreciate that randomness of reactions is in a field of literally trillions of possibilities going on at once. All it takes is one hit for the right combo of amino acids and such to end up making an RNA and then DNA complex that can reproduce.

    That is the gist of one of the ideas for the beginning of life.

    That still has nothing to do with evolution.

    You should revise your idea of evolution at least to the extent that evolution says nothing about the beginnings of life. There have been a number of theories, maybe in a hundred years we might see a lab experiment produce life from nothing but precursor molecules. Till then all that is just conjecture. That is the state of the science of how life got started.

    Evolution is WAY ahead of that game. Too bad you can't see the trees for the forest.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    07 Aug '11 04:521 edit
    Its very simple.....

    Oranges come from orange trees

    Apples come from apple trees.

    Dogs come from dogs.

    Elephants come fro elephants

    And life comes from life.

    Life doesn't come from non-life

    This is honesty.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    07 Aug '11 04:55
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Its very simple.....

    Oranges come from orange trees

    Apples come from apple trees.

    Dogs come from dogs.

    Elephants come fro elephants

    And life comes from life.

    Life doesn't come from non-life

    This is honesty.
    Then all is life.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12730
    07 Aug '11 05:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You fail to appreciate that randomness of reactions is in a field of literally trillions of possibilities going on at once. All it takes is one hit for the right combo of amino acids and such to end up making an RNA and then DNA complex that can reproduce.

    That is the gist of one of the ideas for the beginning of life.

    That still has nothing to do w ...[text shortened]... arted.

    Evolution is WAY ahead of that game. Too bad you can't see the trees for the forest.
    You said, "...maybe in a hundred years we might see a lab experiment
    produce life from nothing but precursor molecules."

    God is the source of life, so what you said will NEVER happen.
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    07 Aug '11 05:48
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Spontaneous generation of a living cell is as improbable as a cyclone building a Boeing 747 with passengers on board and all playing computer games. (Sir Fred Hoyle)
    "Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin' You
    gotta have somethin' if you wanna be with me."-Billy Preston
  13. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Joined
    19 Feb '09
    Moves
    36549
    07 Aug '11 06:32
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    "Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin' You
    gotta have somethin' if you wanna be with me."-Billy Preston
    In one of our upanishads called Ishawasyopnishad,it is succinctly stated :- That( the Unmanifest Reality ) one is Complete. This( the Manifest Reality ) one is also Complete.By adding This to That,what emerges is Complete.By subtracting This from That what remains is also Complete.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    invigorated
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    07 Aug '11 09:56
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Its very simple.....

    Oranges come from orange trees

    Apples come from apple trees.

    Dogs come from dogs.

    Elephants come fro elephants

    And life comes from life.

    Life doesn't come from non-life

    This is honesty.
    If only ...

    Where do ligers come from? and tions?

    Where do hybrid roses come from?

    Where does the false oxslip come from?

    Where did the first labradoodle come from?

    Spend a little time investigating and you may braoden your mind!
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12730
    07 Aug '11 11:10
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    If only ...

    Where do ligers come from? and tions?

    Where do hybrid roses come from?

    Where does the false oxslip come from?

    Where did the first labradoodle come from?

    Spend a little time investigating and you may braoden your mind!
    Note the thread title "You cant get something from nothing."
    I believe the point is ligers or whatever don't come from nothing.
    Lions and tigers had to exist before ligers could exist.
Back to Top