1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 23:23
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Sure that is an example to speak of. I was also thinking of the apostles and the rest of his closer followers. Jesus hand picked some of them to eventually be with him in heaven after they would die or after being "born again" as in a spirit, no longer a human.
    But they never once said to anyone that they were saved at that moment or any moment as a hu ...[text shortened]... s was given that as well as the ones Jesus picked to rule with him in heaven, the 144,000.
    "..."born again" as in a spirit, no longer a human."

What in the world are you talking about?
    Kelly
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 23:32
    Yes all the books of the bible are important in different ways. But seriously you don't see the need to know Revelation like the back of your hand considering the time of the end that we are deeply into now? Many things that Revelation speaks of have recently taken place or they are now or will in the very near future.
    That is not important to you? Really?

Why not?
    I have read the book, never said I did not. There are so many figures of speech, almost none of it can be taken literal, in my opinion.
    I have heard different preachers say, for example "this means nuclear war" and that represents Russia, and this some other nation, and on and on...
    I am interested in the word of God for practical application now.
    I know that when Jesus returns, I will either be "changed" or raised from the dead and changed.
    In the mean time I am learning to draw close to the Lord, and live for him. I am interested in blessing people, teaching, comforting, loving and helping people, as the Lord directs me, mostly by obeying what his word says.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 00:101 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I have read the book, never said I did not. There are so many figures of speech, almost none of it can be taken literal, in my opinion.
    I have heard different preachers say, for example "this means nuclear war" and that represents Russia, and this some other nation, and on and on...
    I am interested in the word of God for practical application now.
    I k g, loving and helping people, as the Lord directs me, mostly by obeying what his word says.
    Yes there are many opinions and theories as to what this book is speaking about.
    I once had a Catholic priest tell me at his door when I was doing the door to door work of teaching that we do, that he did not teach or preach from the pulpit anything about revelation because we are not supposed to understand it and not even capable of understanding it if we wanted.
    That completely stunned me because even at the age of 15 I knew the importance of it and obviously at that age knew much more then he did.
    And yet he called himself a spiritual leader of other humans? How sad it was to hear him brag of that but yet ignored this very important book in the Bible that God had added to the Bible for us to learn from and to help us see where we are at in the stream of time.
    And yet he not only didn't understand it but his congregation was in the dark because of his lack of understanding it.
    God will let anyone see what that book is about if only the sincerly ask him.

So just because there are many different opinions and many mixed up ones, that is no excuse. It has a very clear message and with God's help it all becomes clear.
    It was not written to not be understood. What would be the purpose of that? Why put it in the book he gave us to guide or lifes by it it were of no good to us?

What a shame to have the answers and guidence right before us in this book and not see it or even ask God to help us see it.
    It's like ignoring the instructions of how to exit a sinking ship that is printed on the many hallways of a ship.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 04:37
    Yes there are many opinions and theories as to what this book is speaking about.
    I once had a Catholic priest tell me at his door when I was doing the door to door work of teaching that we do, that he did not teach or preach from the pulpit anything about revelation because we are not supposed to understand it and not even capable of understanding it i ...[text shortened]... he instructions of how to exit a sinking ship that is printed on the many hallways of a ship.
    The Book of Revelation was almost left out of the canon of scripture, so it must not have been considered that important by the early Christians. You seem to be trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. You should have wished it was left out and then you would not have to deal with those verses in which Christ claims to the first and the last and the Alpha and Omega and the Almighty God.

The Instructor
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 07:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Book of Revelation was almost left out of the canon of scripture, so it must not have been considered that important by the early Christians. You seem to be trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. You should have wished it was left out and then you would not have to deal with those verses in which Christ claims to the first and the last and the Alpha and Omega and the Almighty God.

The Instructor
    An answer and opinion I totally expected from you.
    Seems someone has a lot of inflaunce on you and making you think it's not important. Just as satan made Eve feel like eating the fruit of that tree was really not a big deal.

But the point is Revelation IS IN the bible and it was put there by God. If you think you can just blow it off, that's a serious blunder.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 07:531 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "..."born again" as in a spirit, no longer a human."

What in the world are you talking about?
    Kelly
    1 Peter 1:3-4

New Living Translation (NLT)

The Hope of Eternal Life

3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, 4 and we have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay.

John 3:3

3 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again,[a] you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

John 3:6

6 Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.[a]

These as well as other scriptures all explain that to be "born again" means a spiritual resurrection has to be in order to go to heaven.

Flesh and blood cannot go to heaven...
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 09:16
    1 Peter 1:3-4

The Hope of Eternal Life

3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, 4 and we have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for y ...[text shortened]... al resurrection has to be in order to go to heaven.

Flesh and blood cannot go to heaven...
    It is the combination of flesh and blood that can not go to Heaven, for Jesus ascended up into heaven with a flesh and bone body, without the blood that was shed for us.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree