1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 20:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I don't see how someone from the 20th and 21st century could still believe in that poppy cock tale of a world wide flood. Answer this: where was the water supposed to have come from, and where did it go?

If it all of a sudden went underground the ground would still have water in it and we have for instance, the oglalla aquifer which came from melt water ...[text shortened]... od was a fairy tale, just looking at the world of today shows that to anyone with an open mind.
    Yes I've been at the dead sea, and you have a point? Your views on what we
    should see are as valid as what you think everything around means and telling
    us, it is just your point of view.
    Kelly
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 20:59
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    It's not a fairy tale, I had a girl friend affectionately called "The Grand Canyon".
    With a girlfriend like that you should write your name and address on the bottom of your shoes so you can be identified before we pull you back out.
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 21:07
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    isn't it nice the way we dumb down everything the science community discovers and takes for granted just so brain dead people who refuse to think could be presented with yet another fact that absolutely destroys their view on the world. Like it wasn't enough that we know the grand canyon wasn't caused by a flood, we had to discover a buried canyon and ...[text shortened]... deliver all the gifts in one night would turn him and his sleigh into a ball of fire.
    And reindeer can't fly.
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 21:12
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You believe life came from non-life without any plan or design do you not?
    You believe life formed over the years billions without any plan or design, and
    managed to not only stay alive by change into more complex life forms do you
    not? I'd say you have your poppy cock tales being spun and yours in my view
    are much harder to believe than mine, yet you do.
    Kelly
    The scientific community including the vast majority of all scientisitist and in particular biologists believe that life came from non-life.
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 21:14
    http://nwcreation.net/mtsthelens.html

lets play links, input not required.
    Kelly 🙂
    The sicentific community including 99+% scientists reject this as bunk. Does that bother you? Or do you have blind faith.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 21:16
    It’s your facts I have an issue with; because, more than a few times assumptions
    are the foundations of your facts. At least those of us that believe in the flood
    acknowledge it is faith we are talking about when we discuss our points of view.
    Kelly
    you only have an issue with the facts because you are under the impression god cares if you believe in a fairy tale or not, simply because some priests at some time decided they should be place in the same book as the most important tenants of the Christian faith. you must realize you are not looking at the evidence objectively. the facts are known, you simply only accept the ones that support the world view you already formed, when it should be the other way around.
  7. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 21:17
    I don't see how someone from the 20th and 21st century could still believe in that poppy cock tale of a world wide flood. Answer this: where was the water supposed to have come from, and where did it go?

If it all of a sudden went underground the ground would still have water in it and we have for instance, the oglalla aquifer which came from melt water ...[text shortened]... od was a fairy tale, just looking at the world of today shows that to anyone with an open mind.
    A few years ago, I had a fundamentalist family member give my kid for her bday a book that has a picture of Noah leading a dinosaur off the ark.

I always wondered about the millions of insect species in the Brazilian rain forest, that Noah had one hell of a task to collect and categorize each one of them for the ark. And adaptation obviously cannot explain such incredible diverisity in less than 5000 years.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 21:17

we danced this numerous times before. what makes you think this time it will end differently?
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 21:23
    Originally posted by moon1969
    A few years ago, I had a fundamentalist family member give my kid for her bday a book that has a picture of Noah leading a dinosaur off the ark.

I always wondered about the millions of insect species in the Brazilian rain forest, that Noah had one hell of a task to collect and categorize each one of them for the ark. And adaptation obviously cannot explain such incredible diverisity in less than 5000 years.
    no, you are wrong. he only had to take "kinds" on the boat. and all the variations will evolve from that (because they accept evolution when it suits them). so noah only needs a pair of horses, and all zebras and anything else remotely looking like a horse comes from horsies.

insects? no insects on the ark, they can magically live outside in water. likewise fish. the fact that sweet water fish die in salt water is ignored, we can't have facts mess up this awesome and proven history.

i do believe it is wrong what we are doing here. we are trying to show how smart we are, comparing ourselves to ignorant fundamentalists. it is not nice.
  10. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 21:301 edit
    Check out this article and thread. I would have never believed that Pat Robertson would have come around like this. Evangelical Pat Roberston: A Voice of Reason?

Pat Robertson: “If you fight science, you are going to lose your children”

The most recent Gallup poll found that 46 percent of Americans believe Earth is less than 10,000 years old, and that humans were created in that time. Science does not have all the answers about precisely how life came to be on this planet, but we can definitively state the Earth is far older than 10,000 years, and is in fact 4.5 billion years old.

The issue recently became news because Marco Rubio said that he didn’t know how old the Earth was, and wasn’t sure if the scientists were right. Good grief. Sinclair Oil‘s logo is a dinosaur for goodness’ sake. It baffles me how someone can fill their tank with gasoline but have no concept of how old the Earth is, or the chemical processes that were necessary to make petroleum happen. Enter Pat Robertson, who appears to have become the voice of reason. According to CNN, here’s what he said in response to a question Robertson fielded Tuesday from a viewer on his Christian Broadcasting Network show “The 700 Club.”

Quotes
    “You go back in time, you’ve got radiocarbon dating. You got all these things, and you’ve got the carcasses of dinosaurs frozen in time out in the Dakotas,” Robertson said. “They’re out there. So, there was a time when these giant reptiles were on the Earth, and it was before the time of the Bible. So, don’t try and cover it up and make like everything was 6,000 years. That’s not the Bible.” Before answering the question, Robertson acknowledged the statement was controversial by saying, “I know that people will probably try to lynch me when I say this.”

“If you fight science, you are going to lose your children, and I believe in telling them the way it was,” Robertson concluded.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=150008&page=1
  11. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    01 Dec '12 21:31
    It will be interesting to see what kind of discussion this sparks within the religious community that does not accept evolution nor the scientific view that the Earth is billions of years old. And Robertson is exactly right. Plenty of adults feel that it’s fine to go toe to toe with scientists when their beliefs contradict with the scientific facts. Their children are not so likely to feel the same. This is an important moment for religion and science, I believe. There’s plenty of common ground between science and religion. Perhaps now is the time to find it

Houston Chronicle --SciGuy

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2012/11/pat-robertson-if-you-fight-science-you-are-going-to-lose-your-children/
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 00:41
    Yes I've been at the dead sea, and you have a point? Your views on what we
    should see are as valid as what you think everything around means and telling
    us, it is just your point of view.
    Kelly
    Well then, you tell me how the dead sea and others like it would be that salty after a world wide flood.
  13. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 02:37
    http://phys.org/news/2012-11-grand-canyon-dinosaurs.html

New study suggests the GC may be as much as 70 million years old.

The reason: a canyon, deeply buried, has just been found.

It cannot have been created by any kind of flood since as RJ suggests, the present GC was created by the 'flood'.

If so, how would you explain the presence of another older buried canyon that was out of reach of any flood?
    Points for keeping at it. Creationists are so hardened to anything reasonable or logical about evolution (established and almost universally accepted facts from multiple scientific disciplines) that it is like trying to convince a blind man to wear glasses to see what he can't see anyway.

Around and around and around we go - again. I now believe constant and unrelieved mockery of their ridiculousness is the only way for them to begin to realize their idiocy. Even starting a reasonable scientific discussion with them is implying they have some sort of intelligent approachable stance. But it is so ridiculous it doesn't warrant it. Just laughter.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 06:39
    The scientific community including the vast majority of all scientisitist and in particular biologists believe that life came from non-life.
    This is what scientist believe and have proved through observation:

The law of biogenesis, attributed to Louis Pasteur, is the observation that living things come only from other living things, by reproduction (e.g. a spider lays eggs, which develop into spiders). That is, life does not arise from non-living material, which was the position held by spontaneous generation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biogenesis

The Ancient Greeks believed that living things could spontaneously come into being from nonliving matter, and that the goddess Gaia could make life arise spontaneously from stones – a process known as Generatio spontanea.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '12 06:46
    Well if they believe it, it must be true?
    I bet they deny God too, so He must not be true as well, is that how this
    works in your world?
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree