1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 15:07
    Originally posted by sumydid
    This reminds me of the argument that there couldn't possibly be enough water to flood the Earth, therefore the flood could never have occurred. That's all great, but, do you think a Deity powerful enough to create the entire universe from scratch, could possibly have His wishes go unfulfilled because He ran out of water?

According to the bible, therefore ...[text shortened]... sh our faith, you'll have to do a lot better than a secret, hidden Grand Canyon thread.
    do you think maybe he could simply have wished every bad person out of reality rather than drown everything in magically conjured water? if he is using magic anyway? maybe that way, all the children would have been spared. unless you believe that the children were evil, too?

noah was supposedly the only righteous person in the world. but god chose to save his wife and three sons along with their wives. how is that wiping the world clean and starting over with just righteous people? the purpose was to wipe evil from the world, did it work? shouldn't have god known it wouldn't work?

there are so many things wrong and you ignore absolutely everyone of them. and let's just ignore the scientific stuff, that you simply don't have the intellect to understand. we need only to look at the story itself and find contradictions and flaws. the one i mentioned just now was simply one of them.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 15:141 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i should get used to these kind of debating practices, but they are so idiotic that they still bother me.

you just skipped over the proving god is a genocidal maniac and supposed it has been proved already, that is why you ask me what reason could there be behind genocide. as if there can ever be a reason.

no, i wasn't "there" when god didn't do e one he created, as an etch a sketch he can shake into oblivion any time he feels like it.
    You seem to have a distorted idea of genocide. Can't you understand why a loving God would destroy a wicked and evil generation in order to save a human race that can become good? Is that so much different than a loving God sending His only begotten Son to die to save those of the human race that will believe in Him? I suppose you believe the human race is guilty of sin. If so, how can a loving God save mankind and still satisfy perfect justice?

P.S. Don't forget that the penalty for sin has already been set to be death.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 15:20
    aOriginally posted by RJHinds
    You seem to have a distorted idea of genocide. Can't you understand why a loving God would destroy a wicked and evil generation in order to save a human race that can become good? Is that so much different than a loving God sending His only begotten Son to die to save those of the human race that will believe in Him? I suppose you believe the human race is guilty of sin. If so, how can a loving God save mankind and still satisfy perfect justice?
    You don't think the destruction of 99.99999 percent of the human race wouldn't be genocide? That word is a perfect word to describe what your so-called loving god is supposed to have done.

And supposedly taken out what, 99 percent of all the animals as well. This is your idea of a loving god?

That story is just plain poppy cock anyway so justify it any way you will it is still just a stupid story.

If a god had really done that, there would be forensic evidence left today, such as low diversity in DNA and much more evidence of such world wide flooding. As it is, it is all just a fantasy living it out inside your duped so-called mind.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 20:01
    i should get used to these kind of debating practices, but they are so idiotic that they still bother me.

you just skipped over the proving god is a genocidal maniac and supposed it has been proved already, that is why you ask me what reason could there be behind genocide. as if there can ever be a reason.

no, i wasn't "there" when god didn't do ...[text shortened]... e one he created, as an etch a sketch he can shake into oblivion any time he feels like it.
    I don't think God is the one with issues here. Perhaps you do?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 20:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You don't think the destruction of 99.99999 percent of the human race wouldn't be genocide? That word is a perfect word to describe what your so-called loving god is supposed to have done.

And supposedly taken out what, 99 percent of all the animals as well. This is your idea of a loving god?

That story is just plain poppy cock anyway so justify it ...[text shortened]... e flooding. As it is, it is all just a fantasy living it out inside your duped so-called mind.
    There is a lot of evidence for the world wide flood. It is that you have only been indoctrinated by the fools, who think they are wise. 😏
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 08:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You seem to have a distorted idea of genocide. Can't you understand why a loving God would destroy a wicked and evil generation in order to save a human race that can become good? Is that so much different than a loving God sending His only begotten Son to die to save those of the human race that will believe in Him? I suppose you believe the human race is ...[text shortened]... fect justice?

P.S. Don't forget that the penalty for sin has already been set to be death.
    did he "save" anything? just moments after the flood, noah gets dead drunk, and one of his 3 stooges of a sun takes a peek at his father's junk. (which for some reason is considered evil enough to warrant a curse). just about 100-150 years after, the hummies build the tower of babel, enough to warrant another curse from god.

so supposing for a second that genocide is alright under some circumstances (i cringe just writing about this hypothetically), tell me, what exactly did god save? what exactly got fixed? what exactly was so evil as to warrant the destruction of children?

i said it once before, whoever believes ANYONE might have a reason to kill children, is a psychopath and needs to be checked by a physician.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 10:11
    oh, if you don't base your position on the bible, then you really have nothing. you are completely irrational.

glad you sorted it out.

PS: i don't really believe that. i believe you are lying and not insane. somebody at some point told you God is going to get pissed with you if you don't believe what that somebody is telling you. and you have been willingly ignorant ever since.
    Well if calling me a liar is how you have a conversation I guess we are done.
    I not surprised however, you had someone willing to talk, you lower this to
    name calling without addressing the concerns being pointed your way.
    Kelly
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 11:422 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There is a lot of evidence for the world wide flood. It is that you have only been indoctrinated by the fools, who think they are wise. 😏
    Sure, a flood here, another flood there, floods everywhere to this day but no evidence for a world wide flood. That is just more man made fantasy when some dude witnessed a mega flood and thought it must have extended all the way across the Earth. I would say all the way 'round but they probably thought the Earth was flat when that fairy tale was invented.

There is plenty of evidence for a world wide ice age where 99% of the earth was covered in ice, called the Snowball Earth but you wouldn't believe that one since it has been dated to 3/4 of a billion years ago and the end of it was responsible for a great new diversity in known life forms at the time, the Cambrian explosion. They can clearly see a paucity of fossils before that time and a clear explosion of new life forms afterwards.

Clearly evident in the layers of fossils like looking at growth rings on trees.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 12:12
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I don't think God is the one with issues here. Perhaps you do?
    i know i am the one with the issues here with you people.

god doesn't have issues with that genocide because he did not bloody do a global flood.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 12:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Well if calling me a liar is how you have a conversation I guess we are done.
    I not surprised however, you had someone willing to talk, you lower this to
    name calling without addressing the concerns being pointed your way.
    Kelly
    calling you a liar is not how i have a conversation, it is just how i end it after you lied that you base your young earth idiocy on something other than the bible.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 15:26
    calling you a liar is not how i have a conversation, it is just how i end it after you lied that you base your young earth idiocy on something other than the bible.
    And idiocy it is. The amazing thing is people getting taken in by that fairy tale in the 21st century when any reasonable look should convince anyone just exactly what a fantasy tale it is.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 19:46
    Sure, a flood here, another flood there, floods everywhere to this day but no evidence for a world wide flood. That is just more man made fantasy when some dude witnessed a mega flood and thought it must have extended all the way across the Earth. I would say all the way 'round but they probably thought the Earth was flat when that fairy tale was invented. ...[text shortened]... afterwards.

Clearly evident in the layers of fossils like looking at growth rings on trees.
    The ice came right after the world wide flood. Yes, I don't believe their madeup dates.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 19:47
    i know i am the one with the issues here with you people.

god doesn't have issues with that genocide because he did not bloody do a global flood.
    Jesus says he did!
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 19:48
    And idiocy it is. The amazing thing is people getting taken in by that fairy tale in the 21st century when any reasonable look should convince anyone just exactly what a fantasy tale it is.
    You have been taken in by the fairy tale that men evolved from monkeys.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 19:58
    Very well, don't ever look for another reply from me on any topic from here
    on out.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree