Maybe.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 01:52
    Originally posted by chaney3
    A 'creator' is there.
    Someone is right.
    Maybe you are wrong. Maybe those who believe there is no "creator there" [in the sense that religions contend] are right.
  4. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 01:56
    I disagree.
    A 'creator' is there.
    Someone is right.
    Maybe.
    I think that as humans, we can't comprehend what goes on outside of our little bubble of information. We know what is here, sometimes we even know why, but we do not know exactly what the catalyst is. So by the logic that humans can't comprehend the idea of something so immense, what is there to say that anyone has it right? Alternatively, you could go the more solipsistic route and say that if it is true to you, than it is true. Therefore, all religions and lack thereof are equally true/untrue.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 02:02
    Originally posted by JakeChess
    I think that as humans, we can't comprehend what goes on outside of our little bubble of information. We know what is here, sometimes we even know why, but we do not know exactly what the catalyst is. So by the logic that humans can't comprehend the idea of something so immense, what is there to say that anyone has it right? Alternatively, you could go the ...[text shortened]... true to you, than it is true. Therefore, all religions and lack thereof are equally true/untrue.
    Do you think humans came from nothing?
    And are headed nowhere?
  6. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 02:06
    Do you think humans came from nothing?
    And are headed nowhere?
    Did I say that? No. I'm saying that I don't know and I don't think it's something that can be truly known and understood. If you disagree, that's fine. I just think one can live a happy life without the shackles of religious dogma holding them back.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 02:071 edit
    And are [humans] headed nowhere?
    If by "nowhere" you mean we live our lives and then die, then that's where millions of years of evidence points, and nothing but the hopes, fears and assertions of religious people as "proof" of anything else. If you believe there is a "somewhere" - some sort of destination or continuation - then that's a case you need to make.
  8. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 02:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    If by "nowhere" you mean we live our lives and then die, that's where the evidence points. If you believe there is a "somewhere" - some sort of destination or continuation - then that's a case you need to make.
    Agreed. Positive claims need evidence.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 02:11
    Did I say that? No. I'm saying that I don't know and I don't think it's something that can be truly known and understood. If you disagree, that's fine. I just think one can live a happy life without the shackles of religious dogma holding them back.
    You don't know.
    Key point.
    Nobody knows.
    So.....who is right?
    Rich people?
    Poor people?

God has made himself unknown.
  10. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 02:15
    You don't know.
    Key point.
    Nobody knows.
    So.....who is right?
    Rich people?
    Poor people?

God has made himself unknown.
    You seem to be missing the point. The point is that I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows. So by the logic that no one can know one way or the other, everyone is equally right and equally wrong. This is because it is impossible to prove or disprove any religion or lack thereof.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 02:23
    You seem to be missing the point. The point is that I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows. So by the logic that no one can know one way or the other, everyone is equally right and equally wrong. This is because it is impossible to prove or disprove any religion or lack thereof.
    The dilemma is, humans were created.
    A novice can view a documentary regarding human life and see the wonder of the human body.
    How a rational person tries to dismiss this is mind boggling.
    We were created.
    Once again, humans were created.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 02:28
    The dilemma is, humans were created.
    This is simply an assertion.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 02:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is simply an assertion.
    Then you are ignorant of biology.
    The human body is a marvel.
    The brain is a wonder of this world.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 02:33
    Then you are ignorant of biology.
    The human body is a marvel.
    The brain is a wonder of this world.
    Ignorant in what way? I know plenty about the human body and the brain. Deflecting by calling me "ignorant" doesn't alter the fact that "humans were created" is simply an assertion and an opinion.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 02:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ignorant in what way? I know plenty about the human body and the brain. Deflecting by calling me "ignorant" doesn't alter the fact that "humans were created" is simply an assertion and an opinion.
    One does not need to be a Christian to see the impossibity that a human body can "just be".

Honesty will show that we were created.

'By who' is up for debate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree