1. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 21:20
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Alas I have forgotten most of the maths I learnt, that said I can still string a proof together if I have to. I am aware that you have presented evidence for your belief in the past (though not particularly compelling to me) and for the purposes of this thread I'm not inclined to challenge them.

I'm more interested in pointing out the futility of Chaney3's ...[text shortened]... imply say that you *had* proved such a thing he is powerless to take the discussion any further.
    No proof has been offered.
    You will not smear my good name.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 21:282 edits
    Originally posted by chaney3
    No proof has been offered.
    You will not smear my good name.
    I haven't smeared your good name sir.Reveal Hidden Content
    and it is debatable as to whether I have smeared any name of yours - good, bad or otherwise

Does one have to offer you a proof in order for the assertion one has proved their god notion is correct to stand!? What if the proof is too hard for you to follow???
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 21:33
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I haven't smeared your good name sir.[hidden]and it is debatable as to whether I have smeared any name of yours - good, bad or otherwise[/hidden]

Does one have to offer you a proof in order for the assertion one has proved their god notion is correct to stand!? What if the proof is too hard for you to follow???
    If God wanted us to know Him, it would be.
    Meanwhile, we will dispute Jesus as God, Buddha, Allah, Mohammed, etc.
    God has done a terrible job.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 21:39
    Here is what I suggest to you.

Read about each and read their teachings.

The one you fall in love with, follow him. If none of them spark an interest, keep looking.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 21:45
    Prove to me that the atom exist... Or the subatomic particles.... Prove that Abraham Lincoln existed.... Prove anything really.....

Manny
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 21:48
    Grate minds have wrestled with this question.... So why any of the religions of the world? It's a deeper question of why is man religious at all? If there is no God then why? Why not shed what is false and needless?

Manny
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 21:52
    But..... Man is religious inately even in this modern world... We've harnessed the atom.... Sent a man to the moon.... Peered into the womb.... Seen very far into the universe.... The argument that because man couldn't explain his environment he assigned gods to everything is not sufficient as to why man is religious at all.

Manny
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 22:08
    You cannot prove God.

Either:

1. God does not exist
    2. God requires faith
    3. God does not care to make himself known, so he may as well not exist to us.
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 22:361 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    You cannot prove God.

Either:

1. God does not exist
    2. God requires faith
    3. God does not care to make himself known, so he may as well not exist to us.
    The whole universe and our mere existence is proof of God. Whether you believe in the Christian God or not is a different agreement. I get it I can't physically take you to God's house but we can use the same argument for many things. We can't directly see many things but we're confident of their existence

Manny
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 22:503 edits
    Originally posted by menace71
    The whole universe and our mere existence is proof of God. Whether you believe in the Christian God or not is a different agreement. I get it I can't physically take you to God's house but we can use the same argument for many things. We can't directly see many things but we're confident of their existence

Manny
    Our existence, and a particular universe for us to exist within does not prove that God exists any more than 4 = 2 + 2 proves the Goldbach Conjecture is true.

Some variant of your god might exist, but as Whodey says, you can't prove it.Reveal Hidden Content
    not that a lack of proof is problematic in and of itself of course
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 01:09
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    What you are referring to is called common sense.

For example, you can't prove that smoking causes lung cancer. If you smoke and get lung cancer, you can't prove that smoking was the cause, even though common sense tells you it did.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 05:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    What you are referring to is called common sense.

For example, you can't prove that smoking causes lung cancer. If you smoke and get lung cancer, you can't prove that smoking was the cause, even though common sense tells you it did.
    I dunno I guess so..... Greater minds than I'll ever be have seen the order of the universe and acknowledge the design of the universe though some did not assign a personal god

Manny
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 06:57
    How do you know God has done a terrible job? Is it because the universe isn't being ran
    the way you'd do it if you were God? Because we dispute several things, doesn't mean that
    any of them are true or false just because there is a dispute about them.

Maybe the terrible job is being done by man and not God? After all the crimes I see in the
    human race more often than not are man made. So its all together possible that a wicked
    mankind might have an issue dealing with a loving God.
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 07:011 edit
    How do you know that you haven't done a terrible job noticing the obvious? By the way, did you read the book I recommended?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 07:27
    A simple question?
    Nobody knows for sure who God is, or who Jesus is.
    Not simple at all.
    Stop being foolish Dive.
    You keep turning up here and asking if God exists, but you are unable to confirm or deny whether you are still a Christian or not. It's interesting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree