1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 08:56
    Originally posted by menace71
    Greater minds than I'll ever be have seen the order of the universe and acknowledge the design of the universe though some did not assign a personal god
    Interesting piece of "evidence" you're citing there. So let me ask you, decided that there is no "design" to acknowledge? Or does your mind only hear [and attach the 'greater' label] to those ideas (and those who thought them up) that you happen to agree with, that you want to hear, and which provide you with the desired confirmation bias? Are minds that do not acknowledge any "design of the universe" lesser minds than yours and are they lesser minds than the "greater minds" that you admire and concur with?
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 09:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Interesting piece of "evidence" you're citing there. So let me ask you, decided that there is no "design" to acknowledge? Or does your mind only hear [and attach the 'greater' label] to those ideas (and those who thought them up) that you happen to agree with, that you want to hear, and which provide you with the desired confirmation bias? Are minds that do not ...[text shortened]... s than yours and are they lesser minds than the "greater minds" that you admire and concur with?
    Are minds that do not acknowledge any "design of the universe" lesser minds than yours and are they lesser minds than the "greater minds" that you admire and concur with?

They may be great minds in denial.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 09:08
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    They may be great minds in denial.
    I am not asking menace71 to acknowledge or deny anything. I have no objection to him believing the universe is designed. I was simply raising a question about the nature of the "evidence" he was offering, what with it being little more than an undisguised and carefully filtered appeal to authority, and all. So you have missed the point completely.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 10:211 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not asking menace71 to acknowledge or deny anything. I have no objection to him believing the universe is designed. I was simply raising a question about the nature of the "evidence" he was offering, what with it being little more than an undisguised and carefully filtered appeal to authority, and all. So you have missed the point completely.
    And maybe you missed my point that even the greatest mind could be suppressing evidence.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 10:32
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    And maybe you missed my point that even the greatest mind could be suppressing evidence.
    No, I realized - from how you responded to my comment to menace71 - that you had got the wrong end of the stick with your "point". If menace71 is only listening to the "greater minds than his" that happen to say things he agrees with, and he isn't listening to the "greater minds than his" that say things he disagrees with. then maybe it is with menace71 that you should be discussing "suppressing evidence" and not me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree