Your Purpose in Life

Your Purpose in Life

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 Sep 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Why don't you leave the adults to have civilised discussion and go and play with your toys?
I am also starting to wonder whether you are just taking the piss, as it happens. So perhaps wondering whether or not you are just taking the piss is simply what adults do in situations like this.

Moves
07 Sep 16
1 edit

I asked you a specific question. If you don't know the answer just say so.
Here's a list of "specific" questions from me in just the last two pages that you have ducked out of by asking dumb questions in reply. Pick one...

- Give a example of a piece of "evidence of Jesus" that has strengthend your personal faith.

- Please provide a specific example of something that is evidential that has to be received by faith?

- How can someone "choose" to believe something they don't believe exists?

- What "evidence of Jesus" do you think there is that an unbeliever should examine in order to "choose" to believe?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Sep 16

Originally posted by divegeester
You are not answering any questions put to you in any thread and toy deflect by answering even dumber questions. Your questions are boarding on the idiotic and you are descending into farce.

You are a troll.
So in your mind I am the only one that has to answer your questions even if you ignore mine.

Moves
07 Sep 16

So in your mind I am the only one that has to answer your questions even if you ignore mine.
Answer one question with relevance to the question asked, with personal honesty and with some modicum of intellectual integrity and perhaps we can move on.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Sep 16
1 edit

Here's a list of "specific" questions from me in just the last two pages that you have ducked out of by asking dumb questions in reply. Pick one...

- Give a example of a piece of "evidence of Jesus" that has strengthend your personal faith.

- Please provide a specific example of something that is evidential that has to be received by faith?

- Ho ...[text shortened]... Jesus" do you think there is that an unbeliever should examine in order to "choose" to believe?
Give a example of a piece of "evidence of Jesus" that has strengthend your personal faith.

Every single word that he spoke that has been recorded in the Bible.

Please provide a specific example of something that is evidential that has to be received by faith?

The words written in the Bible are evidential, when you read them they can strengthen your faith. So I think evidence can strengthen your faith. It's not one or the other.

How can someone "choose" to believe something they don't believe exists?

I think people choose to believe that certain things don't exist, just like they can choose to believe that certain things do exist.

What "evidence of Jesus" do you think there is that an unbeliever should examine in order to "choose" to believe?

The account of Jesus as recorded in the Bible. They can choose to believe this account or they can choose to reject it.

There now are you going to answer my questions? Do I need to provide you with a list of questions you have not answered?

F

Moves
07 Sep 16

On the Absurd Escapism thread you have left about a dozen questions still unanswered even though I answered or addressed every one of yours.

Moves
07 Sep 16
2 edits

[b]Give a example of a piece of "evidence of Jesus" that has strengthend your personal faith.

Please provide a specific example of something that is evidential that has to be received by faith?

The words written in the Bible are evidential, when you read them they c ...[text shortened]... to answer my questions? Do I need to provide you with a list of questions you have not answered?[/b]
But you are conflating "evidence of Jesus" as required by an unbeliever in order to choose whether God exists with your personal "strengthening of your faith" by reading the word and with tha being "evidence". It's compete circular logic. Another way of restating what you are saying it like this:

- The Bible claims that Jesus exists
- I believe the Bible
- When I read the Bible I see the words as "evidence" that Jesus exists and therefore my faith in it is strengthened
- Because I think like this, other people should be able to choose believe that God exists
- If they choose not to believe that Jesus exists they will be burnt in hell for eternity and it will be thier fault because they have chosen to be there.

Can you see how ridiculous this type of thinking is?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
On the Absurd Escapism thread you have left about a dozen questions still unanswered even though I answered or addressed every one of yours.
So in your mind telling someone to read 10s of thousands of posts from your posting history to look for an answer to their question that you may or may not have given is addressing every one of my questions?

F

Moves
07 Sep 16

So in your mind telling someone to read 10s of thousands of posts from your posting history to look for an answer that you may or may not have given is addressing every one of my questions?
I didn't address "10s of thousands" of questions to you on the Absurd Escapism thread.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Sep 16

But you are conflating "evidence of Jesus" as required by an unbeliever in order to choose whether God exists with your personal "strengthening of your faith" by reading the word and with tha being "evidence". It's compete circular logic. Another way of restating what you are saying it like this:

- I believe the B ...[text shortened]... lt because they have chosen to be there.

Before I answer this question (which I will), I expect you to answer my questions as well.

Moves
07 Sep 16
3 edits

Before I answer this question (which I will), I expect you to answer my questions as well.
OK

I believe in Jesus solely through faith. My faith often waivers but never goes away. It never goes away because it is God given and desdite my unfaithfulness, he is faithful. My faith to ME is evidence of things not seen. My faith is NOT evidence for someone else. What I read in the bible is made alive in me through faith and through God opening my eyes to the truths that are there. Without faith those words are dead. My faith is personal to me, no one can take it away no matter what they say or do. I could deny him as Peter did, but he will never forsake me.

All of that is honest and it is all scriptural.
Does it make sense to you and does it answer your question?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
I didn't address "10s of thousands" of questions to you on the Absurd Escapism thread.
When did I say you addressed 10s of thousands of question to me?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Sep 16

OK

I believe in Jesus solely through faith. My faith often waivers but never goes away. It never goes away because it is God given and desdite my unfaithfulness, he is faithful. My faith to ME is evidence of things not seen. My faith is NOT evidence for someone else. What I read in the bible is made alive in me through faith and through God opening ...[text shortened]... is honest and it is all scriptural.
Does it make sense to you and does it answer your question?
If your faith is God given and is not based on any evidence to support it, does that mean you are more special than unbelievers because God has given faith to you and not to them? How is that fair on those who have not received God given faith?

Also why does Peter say: Always be prepared to articulate a defence to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.

How do you articulate a defence without any evidence?

Romans 1:20 - For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.

Moves
07 Sep 16

[b]Give a example of a piece of "evidence of Jesus" that has strengthend your personal faith.

The words written in the Bible are evidential, when you read them they c ...[text shortened]... to answer my questions? Do I need to provide you with a list of questions you have not answered?[/b]
'I think people choose to believe that certain things don't exist, just like they can choose to believe that certain things do exist.'

You are erroneous in using the words 'choose to' in the above sentence, as people do not choose whether or not to be 'convinced' by something. - For example, I could not choose to believe in superman, as I am not convinced he actually exists. Without convincing evidence to the contrary I could never choose to believe in the existence of Superman. Why would that be any different for God?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Sep 16

- I believe the B ...[text shortened]... lt because they have chosen to be there.

Do you believe what is written in Romans?

"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse."

I take this to mean that the evidence of God is there for everyone to see. How do you interpret this verse?