Your Purpose in Life

Your Purpose in Life

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
If everyone were programmed to believe in God, they would have no free will to choose for themselves. I think God created us for the purpose of love. Without free will we wouldn't be able to love God.
How can someone "choose" to believe something they don't believe exists? Your statement here is completely unscriptural. The bible talks about faith, not "choosing". This notion you have that all those who are in hell have "chosen" to be there, sits alongside the most ridiculous unscriptural nonsense I've seen written by Christians in this forum.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Sep 16

So you have not met a Christian who has read the Bible?
This tactic you have of avoiding a direct statement by making another completely unrelated one is making you look like a fool.

F

Moves
07 Sep 16

If everyone were programmed to believe in God, they would have no free will to choose for themselves. I think God created us for the purpose of love. Without free will we wouldn't be able to love God.
This sounds awfully convoluted. Why should I believe any of this? What's it got to do with people being "programmed"? If there were evidence of God's existence and evidence of his instructions (or will) then people could choose whether to obey the instructions or not. What you are describing sounds Orwellian or Kafkaeque. What you are describing sounds like it has a nonsensical, tyrannical conundrum or confidence trick at its very heart and not "love" at all.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Sep 16

So you have not met a Christian who has read the Bible?
Respond to my point please.

What "evidence of Jesus" do you think there is that an unbeliever should examine in order to "choose" to believe?

F

Moves
07 Sep 16

And that is your choice is it not? You choose not to believe the revelation of God as described in the Bible. What makes you think that your idea of 'credible' is better than mine if there is no universal truth?
It isn't believable. I can't choose to believe it. If you honestly think that the "fair" punishment for me not believing in the "credibility" of same things as you is for me to be tortured for eternity and that my lack of belief is equally as evil as murdering millions of people, then I think your entire philosophy is intellectually and spiritually shambolic ~ essentially beyond parody, in fact. The very idea that one might be required to "choose" to believe it for fear of being tortured is preposterous.

F

Moves
07 Sep 16

You choose not to believe the revelation of God as described in the Bible.
I don't see any "revelation of God" in the Bible. What I see is extensive texts charting ancient Hebrew mythology and then some texts towards the end charting the development of a breakaway religion. I don't see any "revelation of God" in the Koran or in the Vedas either.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
We talked this through on the other thread. I'm OK with you not agreeing with my arguments.
So you don't believe that your view of justice is correct and my view is incorrect?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
Give me an example of what you mean by a "universal truth".
You know exactly what I mean. I have given plenty of examples in the past.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Sep 16

So you don't believe that your view of justice is correct and my view is incorrect?
What "evidence of Jesus" do you think there is that an unbeliever should examine in order to "choose" to believe?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
There is the Bible and the historical accounts of Jesus. As well as countless testimonies of believers.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

F

Moves
07 Sep 16
1 edit

You know exactly what I mean. I have given plenty of examples in the past.
I remember you repeatedly ignoring requests for examples in the past. I think your question is one if your ripcord questions. Give me some examples of what you mean by "universal truths" and I will tell you if i believe in anything similar.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Sep 16
2 edits

There is the Bible and the historical accounts of Jesus. As well as countless testimonies of believers.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
We can hardly call the Bible "evidence". To an unbeliever it is just a book claiming that God exists. A DC Comic is just a book claiming that Superman exists.

Similarly with Christians testimonies, these are people, like you and I perhaps, claiming that God exists. This is not evidence.

But now I see you have switch to faith. So which is it, evidence or faith?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
This sounds awfully convoluted. Why should I believe any of this? What's it got to do with people being "programmed"? If there were evidence of God's existence and evidence of his instructions (or will) then people could choose whether to obey the instructions or not. What you are describing sounds Orwellian or Kafkaeque. What you are describing sounds like it h ...[text shortened]... a nonsensical, tyrannical conundrum or confidence trick at its very heart and not "love" at all.
Ok tell me this: Can someone make a wrong choice? Or are all choices right? How do you decide whether a choice is right or wrong?

Do you think it is possible to love someone without a free will?

F

Moves
07 Sep 16

You haven't proposed a system of justice. You have shared some bizarre notions involving grotesquely violent "consequences" and baffling unfairness and simply appeneded the words "perfect" and "real" and "fair" to them as if doing so affects the nature of the ideological nightmare you describe.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Sep 16

Ok tell me this: Can someone make a wrong choice? Or are all choices right? How do you decide whether a choice is right or wrong?

Do you think it is possible to love someone without a free will?
Instead of asking more dumb questions, why don't you answer a few that have been put to you?