1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 02:001 edit

Read the last sentence. The one in BOLD. Your last couple of post completely ignore what that sentence says. Your assertion that what I wrote doesn't account for transformation being a process is clearly not true.

I see now that you may account for some change and transformation.

But I don't think you have any experience. How can you when the resurrection, exaltation of Christ is a "cleverly devised myth" in your teaching?

Christ at the right hand of God to you? - a cleverly devised myth, I am pretty sure.

Christ sending the Holy Spirit to men? - a cleverly devised myth to you, I'm pretty sure.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)
    "But the Lord is the Spirit." (2 Cor. 3:17)

I think you regard these truths also as cleverly devised myths.

Christ in the Christians as the hope of glory? - "another cleverly devised myth". But you come to "rescue" us with a Jesus while He walked on earth. And you come to "help" us by preaching that the Apostle Paul needs to learn from your presentation of the Gospel, along with John, Peter, Luke,James, Jude and other writers of the New Testament.

No, ThinkOfOne, YOU need to learn from THEM.
    And you need to stop OPPOSING Jesus about the things He taught and did while He walked on earth - Before AND After His resurrection.

This is what you do. You take sentences out of context and in doing so, misunderstand what is being said. You don't see the entire picture. You do this with scripture as well. By doing this, you have eyes but cannot see.

How can you criticize me for not seeing the "entire picture" when it is patently manifested that you do not HAVE an entire New Testament?

You're the one trying to peddle a woefully incomplete picture.
    It is really a "picture" of opposition - an antichrist presentation of "another Jesus".

In this case, you not only misunderstood what I wrote, you also mischaracterized what I was saying.

Correcting that you are willing to mention a transformation of sorts doesn't do much for your "gospel" message though.

You still regard too much of the New Testament as a "cleverly devised MYTH" .
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 02:37
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Romans1009 is an example of a Christian who hates truth.

Even after Rajk999 clearly refuted the accusations made of him by Romans1009, Romans1009 continues mischaracterizing what Rajk999 actually wrote. Evidently the truth of the matter has no significance for him. He believes it true, so the facts don't matter.

Romans1009, like many other Christi ...[text shortened]... belief", as the foundation. As such, it is the basis of how they perceive and process the world.
    If only they would use their latent talents for good and unity rather than fear and division
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 02:38
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Yes, you did. Replying to a post of Karoly you said:

"Oh look. The trolls are ganging up on me. Isn’t that special."
    thank you Ghost
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 02:43
    C'mon Romans! Put up or shut up. Who are the trolls?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 02:54
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    thank you Ghost
    Oh look. The trolls are holding a mutual admiration society meeting. Isn’t that special.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 02:56
    If only they would use their latent talents for good and unity rather than fear and division
    Yes, the forum trolls should do that, but their talents are few and far between so let’s not be too hard on them.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 03:02
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Yes, the forum trolls should do that, but their talents are few and far between so let’s not be too hard on them.
    who are you talking to?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 03:02
    C'mon Romans! Put up or shut up. Who are the trolls?
    well?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 07:383 edits
    Evidently Romans1009 continues to think that simply because he believes something, it is true.
    There's nothing wrong with a Christian being pretty sure he's on the right track to follow Jesus Christ.

I don't mind at all confessing that I have a faith that something is true. We all are going to put our trust in someone eventually.

Christians put theirs' in Jesus Christ.
    Do you have someone better to recommend ?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 08:271 edit
    Once again you've failed to understand the point.

I understand enough. You want to start a new religion.
    Now, Jesus seems handy to be used to give it some credence.

You don't have the courage to come right out and say the New Testament is mostly "cleverly devised myths". So shrouded in some existential fog you hope a paradigm of obscurity will deflect honest questions -

"That question doesn't make sense."

Sure it does. Did Jesus rise from the dead?
    Did His ministry terminate at execution?

Saying "The question doesn't make sense" doesn't make sense.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 08:284 edits
    ToO:

So let me try it a different way. I'll approach this in a series of steps.

1) Please detail what you think is the purpose for which Jesus was annointed - in other words the purpose for which He is the Christ.

I would like to take several posts to do just that.
    But I think we should first pin you down on how much of the New Testament forms a foundation for your invention.

Are the multiple chapters teaching of Christ's resurrection in the TEXT of the New Testament perversions of the Gospel or not? What good will shrouding the matter in existential obfuscation do?

One word about the ANOINTING. We who believe in Christ's availability as the living Lord and Savior ARE ... "firmly attached to the anointed One".

" But the One who firmly attaches us with you unto Christ and has anointed us is God, He who has also sealed us and given the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge." (2 Cor. 1:21,22)

Concerning the Anointed One - the Christ, at this juncture I would only say that I am "firmly attached" to Him with others who also have received His Spirit.

But how can you be attached to the Anointed One and share in His anointing if you regard Jesus as dead and gone with the termination of His ministry at death?

That's all I would say about the Anointed One at this point.
    You have a couple of questions to stop evading.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 08:44
    Where’d you get the “torturing babies” part? I’ve never said that or even implied it.

Interesting you have that idea rattling around in your noggin.
    Ask becker.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 08:461 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Ask becker.
    Ah, the dive character claims no one cares anymore about the claim I’m Becker. As the head troll, you should set him straight. He’s freelancing again, and trolls work best when they’re using the same trolling toolboxes.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 08:48
    Ah, the dive character claims no one cares anymore about the claim I’m Becker. As the head troll, you should set him straight. He’s freelancing again, and trolls work best when they’re using the same trolling toolboxes.
    You asked where the 'torturing babies for fun' analogy came from.

I answered. Becker. (An analogy he used repeatedly).
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 08:49
    Ghost's atheism doesn't allow him to believe in moral absolutes. So he always seems to get annoyed when I ask him whether or not torturing babies for fun is always wrong for everyone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree