1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 07:46
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    I guess I didn't really expect you to admit your blatant hypocrisy. You're so dishonest. You claim to be guided by the spirit of truth, but the truth does not abide in you. Your blatant pride plays no small part in this.
    You're such a simp.

Your inability to answer the simplest of questions while robustly dissecting those who lack your cowardice makes you the comedian of the forum. There is tenfold more integrity and honesty in Kelly's posts than there ever is in yours. You are a joke sir, an imposter, a hypocritical coward unwilling and unable to share or defend even the most basic theological position or understanding.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 09:10
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    I guess I didn't really expect you to admit your blatant hypocrisy. You're so dishonest. You claim to be guided by the spirit of truth, but the truth does not abide in you. Your blatant pride plays no small part in this.
    And you are a cowardly fake 🙂
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 12:222 edits
    This is a prime example of how you take text out of context and decide what it says without considering the context.

I gave attention the context. I also gave you an example from both the Old Testament and the New of God's saints commanding God.

I am not saying man can command God to do something against His will. I am saying God wants such an utter cooperation, utter union, utter co-concern, utter co-desire that He could count on man to not only request of God but command God to act.

What do we have in the life of Jesus Christ the Son of God ? He did nothing of himself. He did only what was on the Father's heart to do.

And again and again we see Jesus command divine action.

No one can deny the utter, seamless, inter-blending of will, emotion, and mind between the Father and the Son.

We can hardly untangle where One ends and the other begins. Utterly united, utterly mingled is the Infinite and the Finite. Utterly incorporated is the Divine and the human in Jesus.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 12:312 edits
    When I speak of man commanding God we consider man's errors and shake out heads in unbelief. How could that EVER be that sinful man could command God.

But we have glimpses of this union between God and His people through the Bible, here and there.

In Exodus God urges Moses to assert cooperative authority and divide the Red Sea that the Israelites may escape Pharaoh's armies.

"And Jehovah said to Moses, Why do you cry out to Me? Tell the children of Israel to move forward.

And you, lift up you staff, and stretch out you hand over the sea, and divide it; and the children of Israel shall go into the midst of the sea on dry ground." (Exodus 14:15,16)

This is not the time for Moses to beg. This is the time for Moses to miraculously do what needs to be done. Moses is in harmony with Yahweh.

This is a occasional glimpse of what was on God's heart.

In the Son of God - Jesus Christ - we see the ultimate mingling and union of the Divine and the Human. We see God incarnated as a man, under the headship of the Father yet seamlessly ONE in emotion, mind, will, expression, desire, intention, action - the Father the ultimate emblem of authority and the Son the ultimate emblem of submission.

In the New Testament, Jesus told the disciples not only the to pray requesting prayers but also COMMANDING utterances of authority in their oneness with God to do what needs to be done.

"Truly, I say to you that whoever says to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says happens, he will have it." (Mark 11:23)

This is not about asking something of God. He didn't say anything here about asking God. This is about commanding something to happen OUT OF being completely in harmony with God.

That is all the time I have this morning.

The destiny of the sons of God is to be in utter oneness of expression with the Triune God in this universe and in eternity.

Here and there we catch a glimpse of this oneness in the Bible. Mostly it is expressed in the life,death, resurrection, and reigning of Jesus Christ.

The church is to match Jesus to be His counterpart, His Bride. So she is destined to express Him. This harmony of expression is not to be put off only until the next age.

Christians must learn in this age to be one with God's mind and even command Him concerning His work with His hands.

So the usage of Isaiah 45:11 is not voided by the unbelief of ToO. But then neither is it a cheap matter which costs nothing. It costs that we be crucified with Christ and raised with Him in a corporate entity.

Don't read this and try to go out and command God to get you a new Mercedes automobile today. The command from His saints is to be "concerning the work of My hands, command Me".
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 14:59
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    And you are a cowardly fake 🙂
    Who, true to form, evaporates from the thread.
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 19:09
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You're such a simp.

Your inability to answer the simplest of questions while robustly dissecting those who lack your cowardice makes you the comedian of the forum. There is tenfold more integrity and honesty in Kelly's posts than there ever is in yours. You are a joke sir, an imposter, a hypocritical coward unwilling and unable to share or defend even the most basic theological position or understanding.
    Apologies ToO, I think you may have inadvertently missed this post:

'Your inability to answer the simplest of questions while robustly dissecting those who lack your cowardice makes you the comedian of the forum. There is tenfold more integrity and honesty in Kelly's posts than there ever is in yours. You are a joke sir, an imposter, a hypocritical coward unwilling and unable to share or defend even the most basic theological position or understanding.'
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '18 16:25
    The phrase "You shall ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you." comes from the crucial 15th chapter of the Gospel of John.

Here is a song I wrote to this passage.

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/abide-in-me-john-154127

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree