1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 15:372 edits
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You should study scripture and not just the parts you like.
    It's unfortunate that you so hate the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

It doesn't give you the "warm and fuzzy feelings" that you get from the gospel in which you believe. It only doesn't give you that, it terrifies you. As such, you not only don't "like" it, you hate it and reject it.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 16:14
    Thy will be done. But it won't be easy.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 16:235 edits
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    It's unfortunate that you so hate the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

It doesn't give you the "warm and fuzzy feelings" that you get from the gospel in which you believe. It only doesn't give you that, it terrifies you. As such, you not only don't "like" it, you hate it and reject it.

Are you unable to refer to Jesus except with the phrase "during His ministry" ?

"during His ministry ... during His ministry ... during His ministry"

You always have to QUALIFY this. It is code for "Jesus is dead and gone."

Why are you not a Bahai or a Moslem ?
    Why do you try to cash in on Someone who you have complete unbelief and skepticism about ?

Do you need the name of Jesus to dignify your philosophy that much.

if you can't bet Him, join Him.
    Don't you realize that the door for you to enter may be closed forever because of your repeated rejection of the truth?

It is serious.

LOL !

I don't know HOW MANY TIMES the warm fuzzy feeling said to me "STOP" ... what I just LOVE to do in my sinful nature the indwelling Jesus Christ said " Stop and enjoy Me instead."

LOL !

Your so called warm fuzzy feeling can be quite a problem most of the time.

"I am crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me; ... " (Gal 2:20a)

" Or are you ignorant that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

We have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into His death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we might walk in newness of life." (Rom 6:3,4)

"But they who are of Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and its lusts." (Gal 5:24)

There is a peace from the forgiveness of sins before God. TRUE. But there is also the killing power, the terminating power, the crucifying power, the putting to death power of the Holy Spirit.

That is not always warm and fuzzy. It can be a liberating nuisance.
    But following increases power, life, and peace.

ThinkOfOne, you need some EXPERIENCE in being a Christian.

"The truth will make you free. But first it will piss you off."
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 16:28
    He KellyJay,

Remember now. With ToO's Humanism and rank self-righteousness there is no warm fuzzy feeling.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 21:31
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Thy will be done. But it won't be easy.
    Not hard either. bit tricky and frustrating, for sure!!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 22:241 edit
    When the New Testament speaks of the will of God it is usually in terms of very great and significant things.

The book of Ephesians mentions the will of God much. But it is not "the will of God" in terms of what car you buy or what house you buy or your job, which cloths you should shop for, where you should vacation this summer, who to choose as a wife or husband, etc. etc. etc.

The will of God is spoken of related to very significant and high things like the building of the church.

The coming of the kingdom and the carrying out of God's will are matters we should consider about very weighty matters rather than trivial or mundane issues of daily life.

This is not to say God has no desire concerning our daily living. He does. But the prayer of "Your kingdom come, You will be done" should relate to more than miscellaneous personal things of less significance.
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 04:00
    Originally posted by @sonship
    This is not to say God has no desire concerning our daily living. He does. But the prayer of "Your kingdom come, You will be done" should relate to more than miscellaneous personal things of less significance.
    Who decides which things are significant?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 09:07
    He KellyJay,

Remember now. With ToO's Humanism and rank self-righteousness there is no warm fuzzy feeling.
    He has a lot of work in front of him attempting to do the impossible, get righteous enough
    on his own.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 09:10
    Originally posted by @thinkofone

You ever wonder why you spend so much time talking about what someone feels than
    actually addressing specifics in these discussions. You have no stinking idea what anyone
    hates unless they tell you, and I've never told you I hate the gospel preached by Jesus,
    you have stated that there are parts of the Bible you dislike and don't trust. Why don't
    you stop worrying about mine or anyone else' "feelings" and deal with the topic at hand.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 09:13
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Believing in the Trinty does indeed require faith as the concept is an awkward 'add-on' to the Bible that stretches plausibility to its very limits. For every biblical passage that would seem to support the notion, another can be provided to negate it. How is that not an inconsistency?
    Anything not grasped can be a little inconsistent until understanding occurs, the whole of
    the Bible must be used to understand the whole of the Bible, you start taking one part and
    use it against everything to see if its correct or not you've distorted it.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 12:09
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    "Thy will be done", not ours.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 13:37

I don't mean that smaller things are not significant.
    We are told to cast all of our anxieties on Him because He cares for us.

So certainly, we pray and ask God's guidance in matters such as choosing a spouse, choosing a career, choosing other things. Please don't think any and all things God's heart can be sought.

But the more consecrated to God we are the more sensitivity we may have on His will. The apostles of the new covenant were very consecrated to God's work. We have to listen and learn from men like Paul to catch the real significant matters of the New Testament.

There are many many things in the BIble. It is easy for us to pick up this and that thing. Some may be more significant to the larger picture and others less.

The help of the Holy Spirit is needed.
    The sense of the corporate Body of Christ is needed.
    The burden of the consecrated workers for God are needed.

I could give you examples of all three in the New Testament aiding to help the saints to grasp the more or most significant matters on God's heart.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 13:591 edit
    "Thy will be done", not ours.

If we go on to live Christ, we will be conformed to Christ.
    If we live unto God, we will grow to conform to His thoughts, His desires, and His will.

By Him growing in His people, they more and more become attuned to His purpose and ECHO in their own hearts God's will.

Now look -

"Again, truly I say to you that if two of you are in harmony on earth concerning any matter for which they ask, it will be done for them from My Father who is in the heavens." (Matt. 18:19)

This is a tremendous promise which has to be true.
    But we cannot cheapen it or dumb it down.
    Apparently to be in HARMONY to Jesus is not something trivial. It must mean that there is utter oneness in the Spirit and love with no trace of the old SELF. Christ is REALLY the sole uniting bond HARMONIZING the two or three together.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 14:001 edit
    Suzianne,

Another such promise:

"And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Truly, truly, I say to you, Whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give to you.

Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you shall receive, that your joy may be made full." (John 16:23,24)

This too is tremendous. Yet we have to realize the standard for being really together in My name is not cheap. It must mean more than just asking at a whim and saying "In the name of Jesus" .

This being in His name must be profound. That is a unity, a oneness, a practical blending in which the SELF is gone and Christ is Head of this gathering. He alone is the unifying bond.

In this being in His name what are the things we are likely to ASK FOR? They would be the things ON HIS HEART to do - His will.

The will of God then is carried out in these steps.

1.) God has a desire to carry out. Yet He will not do it unilaterally. He awaits for a people on earth to ECHO His desire.

2.) God obtains a critical mass of believers who are one, united, and utterly unto Christ - ie. in His Name. What God wants is therefore transferred into their human hearts as well.

3.) They petition God concerning what THEY desire which is the echo of what God desires. They ask in His name for they are living in oneness unto HIm.

4.) God hears THEIR petition which is exactly what HE had in His heart to do. And in response to their prayer He moves to fulfill that petition.

I would add that it can develop not only into petitioning but even COMMANDING God to do His will which is SO on their hearts -

"Thus says Jehovah, The Holy One of Israel and the One who formed him.

Ask Me about the things to come concerning My sons,
    And concerning the work of My hands, command Me." (ISaiah 45:11)

Did you see that ? God says for His people to COMMAND HIM.
    This is the principle of God wanting an echo of His will IN the hearts of His saints on earth.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 14:29
    I would add that it can develop not only into petitioning but even COMMANDING God to do His will which is SO on their hearts -

[b] "Thus says Jehovah, The Holy One of Israel and the One who formed him.

Ask Me about the things to come concerning My sons,
    And concerning the work of My hands, command Me." (ISaiah 45:11)

Did you ...[text shortened]...
    This is the principle of God wanting an echo of His will IN the hearts of His saints on earth.[/b]
    COMMANDING ??!!
    GOD ??

LOL .. you really need to ask God to help to read and understand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree