Let's ride bikes!

P-
  2. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 20:21
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    being in the crowd of a baseball game is always fun, ive only been to the ballpark in arlington, houston, and los angeles. the los angeles one is the best, there is a wave through the crowd for innings at a time, beachballs being hit in the crowd, hecklers ect. theyre part of the game.
    You would enjoy Safeco Field in Seattle then.

Baseball has a great history and tradition. Plenty of superstitions and characters have graced the game. The game has been introduced to virtually every country in the world in one form or another. You can have your soccer. I've tried both playing it and watching it and it just didn't do anything for me. Now I know I've opened myself up for attack but I don't care. Stop trying to shove your sport down everyone else's throat. If you don't like baseball, do like I do with soccer, ignore it. And pipe down!
  3. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 01:19
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    You would enjoy Safeco Field in Seattle then.

Baseball has a great history and tradition. Plenty of superstitions and characters have graced the game. The game has been introduced to virtually every country in the world in one form or another. You can have your soccer. I've tried both playing it and watching it and it just didn't do anything for m ...[text shortened]... throat. If you don't like baseball, do like I do with soccer, ignore it. And pipe down!
    I hope to catch a game there this year. Safeco being the only ball park that I haven't been to. Thank goodness they got rid of the kingDome.
  4. Joined
    31 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 03:31
    it would be more accurate to compare the super bowl to the world cup since the super bowl gets about 1000X more ratings than the world series...american football is way more popular than baseball in the usa...
  5. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 03:56
    Originally posted by slimjim
    I hope to catch a game there this year. Safeco being the only ball park that I haven't been to. Thank goodness they got rid of the kingDome.
    We were sad to see the Kingdome go down because it was the only ballpark we knew. Then when we got to Safeco it was like "what Kingdome!" I'm glad it's gone now.

My wife's brother is like you, he has been to every MLB park there is. I think that's kind of cool. See ya at Safeco SlimJim. 😏
  6. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 12:08
    Originally posted by omg1337
    it would be more accurate to compare the super bowl to the world cup since the super bowl gets about 1000X more ratings than the world series...american football is way more popular than baseball in the usa...
    yes - but its still only a bike compared to the ferrari that is football (soccer)
  7. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 13:52
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    198 countries tried to qualify for the world cup in germany in 2006; it was watched by over 3 billion people and from five continents, doesn't this make the world series (shouldnt it be called the usa series..?) look rather small..? also, i have no idea who won the world series, when it is or who's in it, it's never on the news, never in the papers... ...[text shortened]... americans accept the fact the biggest sporting event in the world belongs to the world cup..?
    I assume by this point someone has pointed out to you that it is called the world series because i was a series of games initially sponsored by a publicaton called The World.
  8. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 13:55
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    yes - but its still only a bike compared to the ferrari that is football (soccer)
    You really are still missing the point. It's a shame that you can't just respect both sports and their fans for what they are, instead of carrying on this pointless, zealous crusade to validate your insecurities about them.
  9. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 13:59
    Originally posted by howardgee
    The world's biggest sissy games are Baseball and American Handball (which they mistakenly call "football"😉.
    In Handball, the girlies all have to wear shoulder, elbow and knee padding and helmets.
    In baseball the sissies have to wear gloves..."in case I hurt my hands catching that hard ball..boo hoo".

Both games are as tedious as hell designed as they are to be showcases for adverts first and a sport second.
    Shoulder pads now introduced into rugby as are scrum caps. It makes sense to protect your body, particually for children playing any sport. Would you like to play cricket without a box for instance? I believe that footballers all wear shin pads?? As for gloves, goalkeepers wear gloves as do wicket keepers in cricket. Maybe racing drivers should not wear helmets or fire proof overalls, I mean, who wants to see a driver who cant take burning alive like a man?

As for the sissy thing, wearing pads just means you can hit people harder and take more aggressive risks.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 14:04
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    You really are still missing the point. It's a shame that you can't just respect both sports and their fans for what they are, instead of carrying on this pointless, zealous crusade to validate your insecurities about them.
    Chess sucks... Hardly anyone plays chess! Chess is for babies. "quiet, I'm trying to think over hear! Arg, I can't concentrate!!!"

Silly old men play chess, while the cool kids play with their PS toys and ride their skateboards.

Chess is not the most popular game in the world... so it sucks. Sucks I tell you!

P-
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 14:08
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Chess sucks...
    P-
    Game 333801

Ha ha!
  12. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 14:16
    Chess sucks... Hardly anyone plays chess! Chess is for babies. "quiet, I'm trying to think over hear! Arg, I can't concentrate!!!"

Silly old men play chess, while the cool kids play with their PS toys and ride their skateboards.

Chess is not the most popular game in the world... so it sucks. Sucks I tell you!

P-
    No way!

Draughts sucks way more than chess! Draughts has far less players and hardly anyone watched the 2006 Draughts World Cup!

You're just a 'chess sucks' pansy! You should find a REAL man's sport to criticise, like draughts! 😠
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 14:18
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Game 333801

Ha ha!
    I was attacked by ferrule Pandas on move 20 and my mouse slipped! It’s a REAL problem here in New England!

😠

P-
  14. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 15:521 edit
    I was attacked by ferrule Pandas on move 20 and my mouse slipped! It’s a REAL problem here in New England!

😠

P-
    Ferrule?

You mean they were all joined together by small metal rings? Scary stuff!
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 16:30
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Ferrule?

You mean they were all joined together by small metal rings? Scary stuff!
    I have been slapped with a white glove!

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree