1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 00:36
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Even the fans get into the game, they often will show replays of fans catching balls in the crowd.

being in the crowd of a baseball game is always fun, ive only been to the ballpark in arlington, houston, and los angeles. the los angeles one is the best, there is a wave through the crowd for innings at a time, beachballs being hit in the crowd, hecklers ect. theyre part of the game.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 00:47
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    being in the crowd of a baseball game is always fun, ive only been to the ballpark in arlington, houston, and los angeles. the los angeles one is the best, there is a wave through the crowd for innings at a time, beachballs being hit in the crowd, hecklers ect. theyre part of the game.
    Get to Fenway... I was on the 3rd base side just off the bag and 20 rows up (steep seats) and a ball about took my face off when I realized it was really nowhere near me. It came up towards me and scared the crap out of me, and wizzed by to land well out as a foul near mid left field. Looked like a line drive, but ended up deep.

Also, the Sausages were great. There was one guy who had a stand yelling "Sausages Heeeeereeee" in a deep booming voice. Across the way was a woman running her stand yelling "Get your fresh delicious red hot sausages here" in a very fast high voice. My wife and I said for weeks. I'd say, "Sausage Heeeeeere!" and she'd blurt the other bit.

I bet a soccer game is way fun also for those that enjoy it. That much I do understand. As I've had to say before after beating on Footie, I've emailed my local sports talk guy to tell him Soccer is the most watched, and they do like it... and there are rules that make it interesting for the world to watch. He didn't get it at all, and I spoke up for the sport because he was in denial about the subject.

P-
  3. where angels play
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 01:24
    Hmmm, I remember saying Soccer is a sissy sport... but I don't remember attacking you over it.

Listen, I get it. Footies the worlds most popular sport. I can live with that, but remember the mass is not always right.

I'm also willing to bet I've watched tons more soccer then you've watched any MLB or NFL. I understand how the game is played, off ...[text shortened]... ings to do than run around tripping each other and having a hair pulling fight.

P-
    I have actually followed the new england pats since i was 12 years old, being and insomniac and the games being shown in the early hours of the morning here. So i understand the game and i understand the rules and plays, i quite enjoy amercan football. Baseball i do not enjoy, i find it boring and slow, but thats just my personal opnion which i am intitled to.

If you feel i attacked you on a personal level then i apologise, but to call football a game for sissys is an attack on my culture and my upbringing. Football is a game of great skill, athleticism and can sometimes be extreamly aggresive. Admittedly there are players in the game that fain injuries and try to cheat officials but they are frowned upon and riddiculed by the vast majority of supporters, hence my aviator.

Watch the clip i post and then you may have some understanding of what football is about, if their is a greater scene in world sport then i am yet to see it or for that matter stand in the middle of it.

YouTube
  4. Cosmos
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 01:31
    Just look at your own avatar to realize what a sissy sport footie is.

P-
    The world's biggest sissy games are Baseball and American Handball (which they mistakenly call "football"😉.
    In Handball, the girlies all have to wear shoulder, elbow and knee padding and helmets.
    In baseball the sissies have to wear gloves..."in case I hurt my hands catching that hard ball..boo hoo".

Both games are as tedious as hell designed as they are to be showcases for adverts first and a sport second.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 01:33
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    I have actually followed the new england pats since i was 12 years old, being and insomniac and the games being shown in the early hours of the morning here. So i understand the game and i understand the rules and plays, i quite enjoy amercan football. Baseball i do not enjoy, i find it boring and slow, but thats just my personal opnion which i am int ...[text shortened]... e it or for that matter stand in the middle of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16o1i6T5rKg
    Cool beans, and no problems. I've seen some very good footie takes at youtube and I'll check yours out tomorrow, I'm dialed up at home.

I understand the sport takes great skill, and glad to hear your view on stretcher riders. I thought EVERYONE did it. I learned something new.

Well, I don't know how old you are now, but when I was 12 Pats stank. Glad you get to see it. My wife often askes me why I hate soccer so much but watch it... I tell here I want to make sure I really do, since the world loves it so much.

So, when I crank on soccer don't take it personal. If it's the best I'd like to like it... but just have not been able to yet. If the US ever gets a team and ends up winning a bit... I just might jump in. I like most sports for what they are, but baseball is my favorite.

P-
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 01:50
    Originally posted by howardgee
    The world's biggest sissy games are Baseball and American Handball (which they mistakenly call "football"😉.
    In Handball, the girlies all have to wear shoulder, elbow and knee padding and helmets.
    In baseball the sissies have to wear gloves..."in case I hurt my hands catching that hard ball..boo hoo".

Both games are as tedious as hell designed as they are to be showcases for adverts first and a sport second.
    baseball and football are not sissy games. end of story. some play like sissys though, i have to admit they probably dont compare to the brutality of rugby though.
  7. where angels play
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 01:51
    Cool beans, and no problems. I've seen some very good footie takes at youtube and I'll check yours out tomorrow, I'm dialed up at home.

I understand the sport takes great skill, and glad to hear your view on stretcher riders. I thought EVERYONE did it. I learned something new.

Well, I don't know how old you are now, but when I was 12 Pats stank. ...[text shortened]... might jump in. I like most sports for what they are, but baseball is my favorite.

P-
    Its was the year they played the bears in the superbowl and got absolutly mullered, but everyone else seemed to want the bears to win, being english i love an underdog so that was it for me the pats were my team. I still follow them to this day and whenever they are listed playing a live game, i refrain from popping a valium and stay up and watch. Tonight however is not one of those nights so i bid you fairwell and no hard feelings after all its just sport!

'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
    I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
    I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' Bill Shankly
  8. Cosmos
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 05:03
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    baseball and football are not sissy games. end of story. some play like sissys though, i have to admit they probably dont compare to the brutality of rugby though.
    If they weren't sissies, they wouldn't wear padding or gloves. End of story. QED.
  9. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 07:09
    If they weren't sissies, they wouldn't wear padding or gloves. End of story. QED.
    Lets see you catch a baseball thrown at 100 mph without gloves.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 08:34
    I understand your sport, and there is a reason the US doesn't like it. They've got better games. I don't even really care much for Hockey and basketball, and they are played very similar to soccer. I just don't like it, and after watching several hair pulling and slap fights in this sport I really do feel they are sissies. Sorry if I’ve insulted your f ...[text shortened]... the US DOESN’T and never will like it? If we don’t get it, we don’t want to get it.

P-
    Ok, you don't get it and you don't care. That's a start.

As for having 'better games' the truth is that even with all the marketing going on with some games being played in Europe, Japan, etc your sports still can't get outside the US' market and its colonized neighbour (Canada).

All your so-called sports need a ton of accessories, that's why they're crap. It's as far as it gets from the sporting spirit that started with the Olympics.

Football is fast, fluid and with much more tension since one goal, that can happen in seconds) can decide a match from the beginning to the end, not just on the dying seconds of a match or the last round or whatever.

Besides, the proof that your sports are crap is that your clubs need to find other ways of entertaining their fans (e.g. cheerleaders, etc). Football is all we need.
  11. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 10:341 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Ok, you don't get it and you don't care. That's a start.

As for having 'better games' the truth is that even with all the marketing going on with some games being played in Europe, Japan, etc your sports still can't get outside the US' market and its colonized neighbour (Canada).

All your so-called sports need a ton of accessories, that's why they're c her ways of entertaining their fans (e.g. cheerleaders, etc). Football is all we need.
    Yes, I agree. Football and mass hooliganism are all you need.

All kidding aside, there are no cheerleaders at baseball games in America. Ditto for hockey games. The only entertainment at those venues, besides the game itself, is when some wang tries to propose to his girlfriend on the JumboTron.

But, they do have cheerleaders at baseball games here in Korea.
  12. Joined
    28 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 11:211 edit
    Both games are as tedious as hell
    Yeah, like cricket and golf.
    Wicket keepers are wusses.

edit:
    and snooker
  13. Joined
    28 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 11:23
    cricket, rugby, football, golf.
    players wear padding/protection and/or gloves.
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 11:27
    Originally posted by aging blitzer
    Yeah, like cricket and golf.
    Wicket keepers are wusses.

edit:
    and snooker
    ADHD?
  15. Joined
    28 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 15:41
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    ADHD?
    Are you implying I only have a short atten

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree