1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 18:24
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I just can't think of any MLB players from Great Britain. Why, I wonder...
    there's one guy from the uk, can't remember his name and i know he doesn't play that much and he moved to the us when he was pretty young - still there though lol

how do i know that? they where taking about him on english tv before showing a yawner of a yankees game. baseball is getting more popular in the uk - more people watching it on tv and their team is getting better as well. but soccer will aways be the most popular sport in the uk, its just their culture (plus they think their good at it)

japans 2 most popular sports are soccer and baseball......
  2. Playing with matches
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 18:33

Hey Mr. Lee!

P-
    Let the gay love commence!
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 18:43
    Rounders, ha ha ha! Anyone make 25 million a year playing it?
    P-
    Yup. In the American equivalent called baseball that features fatsos instead of kids.
  4. where angels play
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 19:14
    Football is by far the greatest sport in the world, watched by the greatest supporters in any sport. It has a passion that is unequaled by anything else. Maybe thats why americans dont get..no passion. Football isnt just about watching two teams of 11 men kick a ball around the pitch, its everything else that goes with it. If you can only get your thrills from watching endless points being scored then more the fool you.
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 19:16
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Football is by far the greatest sport in the world, watched by the greatest supporters in any sport. It has a passion that is unequaled by anything else. Maybe thats why americans dont get..no passion. Football isnt just about watching two teams of 11 men kick a ball around the pitch, its everything else that goes with it. If you can only get your thrills from watching endless points being scored then more the fool you.
    real men wear helmets
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 19:21
    Soccer is a sally sport.

P-
  7. where angels play
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 19:24
    Soccer is a sally sport.

P-
    And your point is what exactly?
  8. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 20:50
    well firstly i would have to say well done to the americans who at least have the common sense to recognise their three major sports are not the biggest sports in the world... i couldnt agree with the other post any more though, the reason the americans just dont get football is because it is so much more than a ball going in a net; unfortunately this is something most americans just dont get, watching your home nation in a world cup game, all the passion, tears, cheers... this is more than a game, this represents your country... your flag, your pride... your three sports could never do that
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 21:27
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    well firstly i would have to say well done to the americans who at least have the common sense to recognise their three major sports are not the biggest sports in the world... i couldnt agree with the other post any more though, the reason the americans just dont get football is because it is so much more than a ball going in a net; unfortunately this ...[text shortened]... , this represents your country... your flag, your pride... your three sports could never do that
    I'm not too worried that my favorite sport is neither the favorite sport of the world, or even the USA. It's my favorite sport, and it's got a lot of history also. I'll be making a baseball thread some-time later, it's something I've been thinking about.

One of my favorite things about baseball is each park (field / stadium) is different in it's own way. It makes playing at these different places just a little different than playing at any other field.

Plus, when someone ends up on a stretcher you better bet they're hurt... and not faking it like a soccer player.

P-
  10. where angels play
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 21:41
    I'm not too worried that my favorite sport is neither the favorite sport of the world, or even the USA. It's my favorite sport, and it's got a lot of history also. I'll be making a baseball thread some-time later, it's something I've been thinking about.

One of my favorite things about baseball is each park (field / stadium) is different in it's own w ...[text shortened]... stretcher you better bet they're hurt... and not faking it like a soccer player.

P-
    Glorified rounders, played by fat men, not even sure if its a sport. Do you ever watch darts?
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 23:29
    Glorified rounders, played by fat men, not even sure if its a sport. Do you ever watch darts?
    Just look at your own avatar to realize what a sissy sport footie is.

P-
  12. where angels play
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 23:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. where angels play
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 23:46
    Just look at your own avatar to realize what a sissy sport footie is.

P-
    ha ha that is such a typrical american moroon reacton to sumthing that you dont hav the brains to understand. Just because they dont knock c**p out of each other you see them as "sissies". Is their something wrong with "sissies" in sport? Are you perhaps masking some kind of closet sissyness yourself?
  14. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 00:14
    all you can do is criticize the u.s., yet your country is probably one of the many that wants to educate here, live here, have a family here and so on. idc what you have to say about america, you must be jealous.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 00:33
    ha ha that is such a typrical american moroon reacton to sumthing that you dont hav the brains to understand. Just because they dont knock c**p out of each other you see them as "sissies". Is their something wrong with "sissies" in sport? Are you perhaps masking some kind of closet sissyness yourself?
    Hmmm, I remember saying Soccer is a sissy sport... but I don't remember attacking you over it.

Listen, I get it. Footies the worlds most popular sport. I can live with that, but remember the mass is not always right.

I'm also willing to bet I've watched tons more soccer then you've watched any MLB or NFL. I understand how the game is played, off sides and legal tackles.

The field is way too big, the action is way too slow. Many say the same about baseball, but only because they don't get why it's worth the wait.

In baseball you have things going on all the time and you wouldn't even notice. Head games, thinking, plans.... When a pitcher is getting ready he might have runners on base to think about. Perhaps a big bat is coming up. He hunkers into the box where he might get hit in the skull or rump by a ball going twice as fast as most of us drive.

Even the fans get into the game, they often will show replays of fans catching balls in the crowd.

I understand your sport, and there is a reason the US doesn't like it. They've got better games. I don't even really care much for Hockey and basketball, and they are played very similar to soccer. I just don't like it, and after watching several hair pulling and slap fights in this sport I really do feel they are sissies. Sorry if I’ve insulted your favorite sport, but why can’t you understand why the US DOESN’T and never will like it? If we don’t get it, we don’t want to get it. We’ve got better things to do than run around tripping each other and having a hair pulling fight.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree