BCS Insanity

BCS Insanity

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Dec 07

Originally posted by jofaz
Ohio state did not have an SEC type schedule but it is not even the same categories as joke schedules as Hawaii.
Hawaii would blow out Ohio State.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Dec 07

shortjerkit: By the way...haven't seen Colt Brennen up for the Camp or the O'Brien and no mention on the Heisman? How can these other, statisically challenged QB's from inferior schools such as Kansas, Missouri, Florida and the like be shutting out the Hurling Hawaiian?

😀😀

Moves
06 Dec 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
Hawaii played in the WAC and beat 2 opponenets with a better than .500 record. Ohio State played in the Big 10 and beat 5 teams with a winning record.

The only common opponent between the two was Washington, the last place team in the PAC 10. Hawaii beat them at home having to comeback from a 21 point deficit. Ohio State went to Washington and won by 19.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by vacostner
Hawaii played in the WAC and beat 2 opponenets with a better than .500 record. Ohio State played in the Big 10 and beat 5 teams with a winning record.

The only common opponent between the two was Washington, the last place team in the PAC 10. Hawaii beat them at home having to comeback from a 21 point deficit. Ohio State went to Washington and won by 19.
The Big Ten teams played the most pathetic out of conference schedules imaginable and still had one of their elite teams manage to lose to a 1-AA.

Styles make games and Ohio State just couldn't score enough to beat Hawaii. Colt's has consistently put points on the board against every BCS Conference opponent and the Buckeyes wouldn't be any different. The three Hawaii receivers would run rings around the OSU secondary.

Moves
06 Dec 07

The Big Ten teams played the most pathetic out of conference schedules imaginable and still had one of their elite teams manage to lose to a 1-AA.

Styles make games and Ohio State just couldn't score enough to beat Hawaii. Colt's has consistently put points on the board against every BCS Conference opponent and the Buckeyes wouldn't be any different. The three Hawaii receivers would run rings around the OSU secondary.
Disputing facts with opinions again...HUH? OSU's OOC schedule may have been pathetic, but Hawaii's entire schedule is just flat out laughable. OSU has the 44th ranked schedule in the country. Hawaii you ask....118. Switch the two around. Would Hawaii go undefeated in the Big 10? Laughable to even suggest such a thing. Would OSU go undefeated in the WAC....just about every year.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/119

j

Moves
06 Dec 07

There is no reason to think Hawaii who has beaten absolutely nothing would even be competitive against Ohio State, the number one team in the nation right now and a team that played in the Championship game last year.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
06 Dec 07

I have to warn you Ash, using logic and reason may not help in your arguments with #1.

Defrauder is impervious to both.

Moves
06 Dec 07

Originally posted by Red Night
I have to warn you Ash, using logic and reason may not help in your arguments with #1.

Thanks for the advice, just having a little fun before lunch. LOL!

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
07 Dec 07

Hawaii might well blow Ohio State but it would be one helluva a job! 😉

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
07 Dec 07

shortjerkit: By the way...haven't seen Colt Brennen up for the Camp or the O'Brien and no mention on the Heisman? How can these other, statisically challenged QB's from inferior schools such as Kansas, Missouri, Florida and the like be shutting out the Hurling Hawaiian?

😀😀
Talent displayed against top flight competition, not the sisters of the poor?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by Red Night

Stop trolling if you have nothing to say.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 07
4 edits

Disputing facts with opinions again...HUH? OSU's OOC schedule may have been pathetic, but Hawaii's entire schedule is just flat out laughable. OSU has the 44th ranked schedule in the country. Hawaii you ask....118. Switch the two around. Would Hawaii go undefeated in the Big 10? Laughable to even suggest such a thing. Would OSU go undefeated in the WAC....just about every year.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/119
What "facts"? If the Big Ten is sooooooooooooo great and Hawaii stinks sooooooooooooo bad, how come two Big Ten teams ducked Hawaii this year (one paid $250,000 NOT to play the Rainbow Warriors and the other turned down a lucrative ESPN game AT HOME)? The Big Ten has a bunch of above .500 teams because they all play crap OOC schedules and thus their SOS is inflated. But the entire conference doesn't have a single win against any other BCS conference team with a winning record.

You guys are stuck in the 1960's when the Big Ten was still a top rated conference. The Sagarin and Anderson-Hester computer ratings rate the Big Ten NOW as the 6th best conference; the WAC is 8th. Last year, Hawaii, in a year when it lost 3 games, beat Purdue which finished 4th in the Big Ten. Time to wake up, Snow White.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Hawaii might well blow Ohio State but it would be one helluva a job! 😉
Please keep your habits out of this thread; we're trying to talk football.

Moves
07 Dec 07
3 edits

What "facts"? If the Big Ten is sooooooooooooo great and Hawaii stinks sooooooooooooo bad, how come two Big Ten teams ducked Hawaii this year (one paid $250,000 NOT to play the Rainbow Warriors and the other turned down a lucrative ESPN game AT HOME)?

You guys are stuck in the 1960's when the Big Ten was still a top rated conference. The Sag ...[text shortened]... it lost 3 games, beat Purdue which finished 4th in the Big Ten. Time to wake up, Snow White.
Do you want to argue Hawaii vs. Ohio State or WAC versus Big 10 or Hawaii vs. Big 10 or Ohio State vs. WAC? Make up your mind.

FACT #1
Strength of Schedule:
Ohio State #44
Hawaii #118
I've always been taught the lower the number, the higher the ranking, maybe I'm wrong.

FACT #2
Ohio St. - Beat 5 teams with winning records
Hawaii - Beat 2 team with winning records
I've always been taught 5>2, maybe I'm wrong.

FACT #3
Hawaii beat Washington by 7 at home.
Ohio State beat Washington by 19 on the road.
I've always been taught 19>7, maybe I'm wrong.

FACT #4
Sagarin Rankings:
Big Ten #6
WAC #8
Seems to me the Big 10 is ranked higher albeit slightly, I'm humoring you on that one, maybe I'm wrong.

FACT #5
Sagarin Rankings:
Ohio State #2
Hawaii #16
Looks like OSU is higher there too, maybe I'm wrong. Heck, even Cincinnati is ranked higher than Hawaii by Sagarin.

FACT #6
Let's take a look at records since I don't know, let's say the year 2000. We can go back further if you would like.

Ohio State
2000 8-4 - Lost in Outback Bowl to South Carolina
2001 7-5 - Lost in Outback Bowl to South Carolina
2002 14-0 - Won BCS Championship aginst Miami
2003 11-2 - Won Fiesta Bowl against Kansas State
2004 8-4 - Won Alamo Bowl against Oklahoma State
2005 10-2 - Won Fiesta Bowl against Notre Dame
2006 12-1 - Lost in BCS Championship to Florida
2007 11-1 - Playing for BCS Championship against LSU

Record: 81-19 = 81% winning %

Hawaii
2000 3-9
2001 9-3 - No bowl game
2002 10-4 - Lost Hawaii Bowl against Tulane
2003 9-5 - Won Hawaii Bowl against Houston
2004 8-5 - Won Hawaii Bowl against UAB
2005 5-7
2006 10-3 - Won Hawaii Bowl against ASU
2007 12-0 - Playing in Sugar Bowl against UGA

Record: 66-36 = 65% winning %

81%>65%...OSU wins again. Must be nice to play bowl games on your home field. Would love to see the 3 cans of pineapple chunks in the trophy case for those wins.

FACT #7
Who really gives a rat's @$$, as OSU the Big 10 champ, is playing in the BCS Championship game for a second straight year and Hawaii had to beat UW to earn a BCS at large in the Sugar Bowl to play UGA.

Maybe you need to get one of those monitors that allows you to read braille.

I'm done.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 07

Do you want to argue Hawaii vs. Ohio State or WAC versus Big 10 or Hawaii vs. Big 10 or Ohio State vs. WAC? Make up your mind.

[b]FACT #1

Strength of Schedule:
Ohio State #44
Hawaii #118
I've always been taught the lower the number, the higher the ranking, maybe I'm wrong.

FACT #2
Ohio St. - Beat 5 teams with winning records
Hawaii - ...[text shortened]... need to get one of those monitors that allows you can read braille.

I'm done.[/b]
Let's see; I've already addressed "FACTS" 1, 2, 3, and 4. As to #5, Illinois is rated #21 but they went to Columbus and beat OSU. As to #6, who cares what happened in 2000; we're talking about NOW. And as to #7, OSU is very lucky that there are a lot of people who "think" like you.