BCS Insanity

BCS Insanity

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Moves
02 Dec 07

Originally posted by nmdavidb
It was a quote from Animal House...the movie.

Ash I think we must be really getting old when someone misses that reference.

Dave
I am unaware of Animal House so I would not know that inside joke.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
02 Dec 07

Originally posted by gambit3
I am unaware of Animal House so I would not know that inside joke.
How can you not know abut Animal House.

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
02 Dec 07

Originally posted by Red Night
Now that is sad

next thing he will say he doesn't know Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Dave

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
02 Dec 07

Originally posted by nmdavidb
Now that is sad

next thing he will say he doesn't know Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Dave
Maybe he's young.

g

Moves
02 Dec 07

If that is the movie that I think it is I did not watch it because It seemed too silly for me. Is it the one with John Belushi in it ? The one that he started a food fight in.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
02 Dec 07

If that is the movie that I think it is I did not watch it because It seemed too silly for me. Is it the one with John Belushi in it ? The one that he started a food fight in.
That would be the one.

g

Moves
02 Dec 07

That would be the one.
I chose not to watch it. Are you going to take my Red Night Seal of Approval away?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
02 Dec 07
1 edit

I chose not to watch it. Are you going to take my Red Night Seal of Approval away?
No. RNSOA's are valuable. I would never take one away.

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
02 Dec 07
1 edit

You have 2 weeks to watch it otherwise I will hack into your cable and the only thing you will be able to watch is reruns of Golden Girls and She's The Sherrif.

With an occasional episode of BJ and The Bear thrown in.

Dave
( who notes...i think that is the worst threat of all time! )

edit...was just kidding...couldn;t hack my way into anything...still wonder why the clock on my vcr keeps flashing 12:00 at me...piece of electriccal tape fixed that problem quick though

w

Moves
02 Dec 07

Man yesterday was crazy. I thought the top two were completely locked in for the bcs bowl. Anyways, glad to see at least their will be few good bowl matchups:
Las Vegas Bowl: UCLA vs. BYU (not quite sure about this)
Sugar Bowl: Hawaii vs. UGA (Interesting matchup, much better than Hawaii vs. LSU)
Orange Bowl: VTech vs. WVU (boring)
Rose Bowl: USC vs. Illinois (boring)
Fiesta: OU vs. KU (prob very interesting)

Man i was looking forward to USC vs. OSU and also UCLA vs. BYU, but now i have to watch Illinois get owned by USC. As far as UCLA goes, dont know where they are going to end up. The most interesting mathcup will be UGA and Hawaii. Also looking forward to the fiesta Bowl matchup.

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
02 Dec 07

Originally posted by weirdboy120
Man yesterday was crazy. I thought the top two were completely locked in for the bcs bowl. Anyways, glad to see at least their will be few good bowl matchups:
Las Vegas Bowl: UCLA vs. BYU (not quite sure about this)
Sugar Bowl: Hawaii vs. UGA (Interesting matchup, much better than Hawaii vs. LSU)
Orange Bowl: VTech vs. WVU (boring)
Rose Bowl: ...[text shortened]... st interesting mathcup will be UGA and Hawaii. Also looking forward to the fiesta Bowl matchup.
Those are locked?

I haven't seen the BCS put up their list yet.

Dave

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
03 Dec 07

In case you may have forgotten this post from Nov 2nd in this thread:

Originally posted by no1marauder
Do you base your opinions on any facts at all? Ohio State's non-conference schedule is every bit as soft as Kansas' (they even struggled against Akron which is a below par MAC team while Kansas crushed first place Central Michigan). LSU lost a game so they don't belong in a discussion of the best teams in the country.

How could Michigan possibly be a top five team with two such embarrassing losses at home??

Yes I do base them on facts. Fact, great teams can play a bad game. Fact BC is not one of the best teams in the country. Fact, LSU lost one game and it was a fluke by a decent Kentucky team. Fact, Kansas is not good enough to win the National Championship, because they will not win their own conference championship. Fact, I don't root for any of the above mentioned teams and have no vested interest in who wins it all. Fact, the two best teams in the country are Ohio State and LSU, IMO!!!!

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
03 Dec 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
A two loss team isn't going to make it to the championship game.
Oooops!

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
03 Dec 07

Originally posted by shortcircuit
In case you may have forgotten this post from Nov 2nd in this thread:

[i]Originally posted by no1marauder
Do you base your opinions on any facts at all? Ohio State's non-conference schedule is every bit as soft as Kansas' (they even struggled against Akron which is a below par MAC team while Kansas crushed first place Central Michigan). LSU lost a ...[text shortened]... ho wins it all. Fact, the two best teams in the country are Ohio State and LSU, IMO!!!!
[/b]
Or just LSU
or at least, as far as the nation is concerned...
Tennessee had Les Miles by the balls! and he slipped away.
two quarter back mistakes cost us the game...
if only Peyton Manning never had to go pro... we'd win the SEC every year!

p

Moves
03 Dec 07

I am a big ten fan and I think all the bashing is ridiculous BUT
(1) Michigan (who i root for) has no business playing Florida. (2) Illinois who I think it is debatable whether they are even the second best the team in the Big 10 should not play USC (the top pac ten team)
(3) It is absolutely B.S. that both Illinois and Ohio State play 100% road bowl games. I also would like to have evenly matched games on actual neutral sites so we could address the balance between conference. USC and Florida are considerably higher ranked in the polls that Illinois and Michigan and as a result bowl records cannot be great.