BCS Insanity

BCS Insanity

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
It's "Don Quixote", numbnuts.
How Quixotic of you.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
(1) It is funny that Michigan State is a big time program when all you do is bash the big ten
(2) Hawaii still played no one. If West Virginia and Arkansas and teams like that can get people to play them than surely Hawaii with its beatiful beaches could get teams to come to them.

but i am sure hawaii is proud to have you champion their cause.
Actually teams want Hawaii to pay them $750,000 to play in Hawaii though travel costs for a major team aren't even half that. Still ESPN was willing to put up money for Michigan to play at home against Hawaii this year, but the McChickens wanted no part of it. The truth is that your "big time" programs are afraid to get whipped by a mid major with a gunslinger QB, esp. after the way Colt tore up Arizona State in a bowl game last year. Note Florida (but wouldn't agree to a 1 and 1) and others are willing to play the Rainbow Warriors NEXT Year (after Brennan graduates).

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by Red Night
Excellent analysis.
What a retard.

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
07 Dec 07

Actually teams want Hawaii to pay them $750,000 to play in Hawaii though travel costs for a major team aren't even half that. Still ESPN was willing to put up money for Michigan to play at home against Hawaii this year, but the McChickens wanted no part of it. The truth is that your "big time" programs are afraid to get whipped by a mid major with a guns ...[text shortened]... 1) and others are willing to play the Rainbow Warriors NEXT Year (after Brennan graduates).
I have seen some sucking up to a player but lord you take the cake.

Is he gonna owe you some money from his signing bonus or just a roll in the hay?

He might be decent in college but I doubt he gets drafted before the 3rd round.

Dave
( and he called us ass kissers? sheesh )

d

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by nmdavidb
and he called us ass kissers?
Nope. Just you.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 07

I have seen some sucking up to a player but lord you take the cake.

Is he gonna owe you some money from his signing bonus or just a roll in the hay?

He might be decent in college but I doubt he gets drafted before the 3rd round.

Dave
( and he called us ass kissers? sheesh )
MD: He might be decent in college but I doubt he gets drafted before the 3rd round.

Care to put a C-note (that's a $100) on that?

m

Moves
07 Dec 07

Actually teams want Hawaii to pay them $750,000 to play in Hawaii though travel costs for a major team aren't even half that. Still ESPN was willing to put up money for Michigan to play at home against Hawaii this year, but the McChickens wanted no part of it. The truth is that your "big time" programs are afraid to get whipped by a mid major with a guns ...[text shortened]... 1) and others are willing to play the Rainbow Warriors NEXT Year (after Brennan graduates).
Now, the only fair system is that Hawaii decides who plays them and when. Because ESPN and Hawaii want to kick off their season in the Big House, Michigan has to alter its schedule. I am glad they told ESPN and Hawaii to stick it. More teams should. I am tired of ESPN dictating schedule.

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
07 Dec 07

MD: He might be decent in college but I doubt he gets drafted before the 3rd round.

Care to put a C-note (that's a $100) on that?
Lord...I said I doubted...anything can happen...I just know that he is rated 56th on the big board and the third quaterback behind Brohm and Ryan.

Dave

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
I am tired of ESPN dictating schedule.
Couldn't agree more. Tired of the ESPN propoganda. They ought to rename themselves HYPE!

d

Moves
07 Dec 07
1 edit

Lord...I said I doubted...anything can happen...I just know that he is rated 56th on the big board and the third quaterback behind Brohm and Ryan.

Dave
I think most scouts have him fourth behind Brohm, Ryan and also Andre Woodson. Even Dixon is higher on some lists.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
07 Dec 07

It's "Don Quixote", numbnuts.
The "x" was specifically left out for your benefit...as in "x" marks the spot, as in you are the target, as in you are in the cross hairs....numbnuts!!

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
07 Dec 07

What a retard.
mirror, mirror, on the wall

R
The Rams

Moves
07 Dec 07

Originally posted by vacostner
Do you want to argue Hawaii vs. Ohio State or WAC versus Big 10 or Hawaii vs. Big 10 or Ohio State vs. WAC? Make up your mind.

[b]FACT #1

Strength of Schedule:
Ohio State #44
Hawaii #118
I've always been taught the lower the number, the higher the ranking, maybe I'm wrong.

FACT #2
Ohio St. - Beat 5 teams with winning records
Hawaii - ...[text shortened]... u need to get one of those monitors that allows you to read braille.

I'm done.[/b]
well I have to say, you defended your position well on the OSU vs Hawaii deal.

R
The Rams

Moves
07 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Ramned
The BCS is obviously wrong.
Here's the flaws.

1 - OSU is ranked number 1. They had a cupcake schedule featuring only 1 "good" team, Michigan (and they are not elite.) Meanwhile, Hawaii is ranked #10, and they had about the same schedule as OSU, but had a better record!

2 - The BCS is biased. Coaches do not vote accurately as they could objectively. T ...[text shortened]... ionship rather than being VOTED for it. Obviously, the BCS is FLAWED and needs to be changed.
but what about my other points? Under any case, OSU had #44 ranked difficulty (that is to say, 43 teams had a harder schedule! Including, LSU, MO, WVU, VT, OK, GA, FL, etc, etc.)

2 - The BCS is biased. Coaches do not vote accurately as they could objectively. Take the Georgia coach for example, who stated that he ranked his team #2 and OSU #1. He later said he expected to have best chances against OSU!

3 - Losing late is more hurtful than losing early. OSU lost early. All they had to do was wait for the domino to fall. WVU lost late; if the loss to Pitt came 7 weeks earlier (or 3-4) they could have still been ranked top 2.

4 - Different conferences are waited evenly. This is as if claiming the Giants have as easy a division as the Seahawks.

IF you can argue all of those points, then I'll change my mind. As of now I say to hell with BCS.

TANSTAAFL

Walking on sunshine

Moves
08 Dec 07

Dave
Don't the draft rankings usually change quite a bit after the bowl-a-thon?

I haven't actually watched a full college football game yet this year (the teams all suck, I bet most of them couldn't even beat the Dolphins), but I hear that Brennan set a record for NCAA QBs this year. That type of thing usually gets the attention of at least a few NFL teams.