Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '08 09:241 edit
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    [b]Keane is, one word, 4 letters, starts with [b]s and ends with a t.[/b]
    Shot? I doubt it.

The other word for poo? Yes, of course he is. His performances and goals in the Premiership over the last 6 years count for nothing.

Still reading The Sun? Phone 606 much?
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Dec '08 10:22
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    That said I can't understand why he's not playing every game while Torres is out.....

Planet Rafa!!🙄
    He should be the next man out after Ince.

Can anybody explain leaving a striker on the bench for the whole game while drawing 2-2 with Hull?

D
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '08 10:45
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    He should be the next man out after Ince.

Can anybody explain leaving a striker on the bench for the whole game while drawing 2-2 with Hull?

D
    Sack the manager at the top of the Premiership!

I take it that's an attempt at humour Rag?
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Dec '08 11:42
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    at the top of the Premiership!
    BOOOOOOOOO!!!![/Liverpool fan mode]

D
  6. SubscriberChris Guffoggonline
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    17 Dec '08 21:54
    [b]That said I can't understand why he's not playing every game while Torres is out.....

Maybe Rafa now knows why none of the other leading clubs went in for Keane.

Send Rafa a Christmas card and he may tell you.

I'll give you a clue, Keane is, one word, 4 letters, starts with s and ends with a t.[/b]
    One could say the same about Berbatov pal, I don't wish to start measuring penis's again with you. Post something constructive F.F.S.
  7. LA
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 00:261 edit
    One could say the same about Berbatov pal, I don't wish to start measuring penis's again with you. Post something constructive F.F.S.
    That said I can't understand why he's not playing every game while Torres is out.....

You asked a question (see above) and I told you why.
    Keane is completely out of his depth and has never been a world class striker.
    He was found out at Inter but settled somewhat at Spurs where they played to his strengths.

I also highlighted the fact that no other club went in for him, again showing people who know football know he's a donkey.

Rafa has finally swallowed his pride, again, and dropped him.
    Another expensive mistake by the man.

Before you say it, yes, Torres was an expensive sucess, a rare one, propobably Rafa's only sucessful signing.
    Possibly Skertel will turn out ok but its early days and Mascherano is quite good (too slow and lacks goals/creativity for me though).
    All the other 60 odd Rafa signings are at best mediocre.

If you want to change the subject to Berbatov, I won't disagree.
    He's had more average to poor games than good games.
    I'd say the jury is still out though, United have an all round scoring problem at the moment with Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov and Ronaldo.

They haven't all suddenly become bad players so its something Sir Alex will have to work on.
  8. SubscriberChris Guffoggonline
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 21:40
    It's a little unfair your labeling him a donkey, most strikers need at least 70+mins too break a defence down, Benitez seems to be at a loss with how to play to his strenghts.Maybe he should of kept Rodney Trotter rather than off loading him to Pompey, he did play the two together but not for enough games.As for good signings...Alonso,Reina,Kuyt,Reiera,Finnan,Agger appear to be good enough and yes I nearly forgot Babel although the latter may walk for the same reasons as Keane.All managers make poor signings some more than others even ones that have been knighted.
  9. LA
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 02:38
    It's a little unfair your labeling him a donkey, most strikers need at least 70+mins too break a defence down, Benitez seems to be at a loss with how to play to his strenghts.Maybe he should of kept Rodney Trotter rather than off loading him to Pompey, he did play the two together but not for enough games.As for good signings...Alonso,Reina,Kuyt,Reie ...[text shortened]... Keane.All managers make poor signings some more than others even ones that have been knighted.
    Yes calling Keane a donkey is a little unfair and I'm exagerating.

He had a fairly good scoring record at Spurs that improved another 30% when Berbatov arrived.

Keane just doesn't seem to have what it takes at the highest level and to get the best from him you need to play to his strengths, something a team like Liverpool won't do when they have Gerrard and Torres as focal points.

I do think Liverpool should have kept Crouch, he often had an impact coming off the bench and really developed (I thought) while at Liverpool. I was glad they sold him.

As for the signings you mention:-
    Alonso - A luxury player, too slow and Rafa wants him out.
    Reina - Yes he's a good keeper.
    Finnan - Average.
    Agger - Not sure. He's never had a long run in the side, he has the potential to be great but he's not proved it yet for me.
    Babel - He's not developing, was a hot prospect but now going backwards and wants out.

All managers do make bad signings, I just think Rafa makes a lot more bad signings than most managers in his position.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 08:40
    As for good signings...Alonso,Reina,Kuyt,Reiera,Finnan,Agger appear to be good enough
    You may as well include Kenny Dalglish and Alan Hansen as good Rafa signings if you're going to attribute Finnan to him.

D
  11. where angels play
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 00:24
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You may as well include Kenny Dalglish and Alan Hansen as good Rafa signings if you're going to attribute Finnan to him.

D
    Ahh King Kenny, one of Rafas best signings id say, im not sure but didnt he sign Highway also?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 02:35
    Yes calling Keane a donkey is a little unfair and I'm exagerating.

He had a fairly good scoring record at Spurs that improved another 30% when Berbatov arrived.

Keane just doesn't seem to have what it takes at the highest level and to get the best from him you need to play to his strengths, something a team like Liverpool won't do when they ...[text shortened]... ings, I just think Rafa makes a lot more bad signings than most managers in his position.
    Keane needs some more time to settle and it's not a strength of Benitez to get players to bed in. That said Keane doesn't possess the class of the lazy Berbatov or of the re-ignighted Anelka. Look how long it took Drogba to settle in at Chelsea - a season?? Keanes a workhorse not a donkey but i get your point.

PS I'm a chelsea fan and I agree with earlier post that it will be Man u and Chelsea battling out at the end - Pool will fade - sorry scoucers😛
  13. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 10:091 edit
    Mascherano is quite good (too slow and lacks goals/creativity for me though).
    1. Define slow.
    2. Tell me which CM's are quicker than Mascherano over 10M?
    3. Did you rate Claude Makelele at his peak? How creative would you say he was? Any idea as to his career strike rate?
    4. In most to least wanted, as a defensive midfielder in your team, put the following in order - Hargreaves, Mikel, Mascherano
  14. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 10:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    it's not a strength of Benitez to get players to bed in.
    Jesus wept.

Where's your evidence for this? Please try to refrain from just listing names of Rafa purchases that haven't been a huge success at Anfield.
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 11:00
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    1. Define slow.
    2. Tell me which CM's are quicker than Mascherano over 10M?
    3. Did you rate Claude Makelele at his peak? How creative would you say he was? Any idea as to his career strike rate?
    4. In most to least wanted, as a defensive midfielder in your team, put the following in order - Hargreaves, Mikel, Mascherano
    4. A non-injury plagued Hargreaves, Mascherano, Mikel.

With Hargreaves' current injury problems, I'd be happy if Mascherano was there in his stead.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree