Best Defensive Midfielder Ever?

Best Defensive Midfielder Ever?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
18 Mar 07

Originally posted by Wizard of Fire
gilberto
It amazes me how Wenger signs these great players for relative peanuts. Gilberto cost a fraction of what he sold Viera for. Yet Viera had his best days behind him, Gilberto was only in his early twenties and yet a proven Brazialian midfielder.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
18 Mar 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
My point being that in Souness' days, players were allowed kick the living daylights out of opponents. They were the rules under which they played. In Keane's day, you couldn't get away with it. Frankly, I think it's ridiculous of you to form an opinion that Keane isn't as hard as Souness simply because the rules wouldn't allow him to be. Would Keane be ...[text shortened]... erland last year, or Swindon's points tally from a few years ago. 😉

D
I think you've tied yourself in knots there Rag!

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 Mar 07

Originally posted by blade68
I think you've tied yourself in knots there Rag!
How's that? Do you not understand that a player can only be as hard as the rules of the time allow him to be? Do you disagree with my assertion that the rules have tightened?

D

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
18 Mar 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
How's that? Do you not understand that a player can only be as hard as the rules of the time allow him to be? Do you disagree with my assertion that the rules have tightened?

D
Yeah, I agree that you only have to breathe on a player now to get a yellow card... this is not for the benefit of the game in my OPINION however...

It still isn't a solid fact that disproves my OPINION that Souness was the harder player!
...in fact, you'll never be able to change my OPINION no matter what evidence you care to bandy around... IT'S AN OPINION - You can't say it's incorrect just 'cos it's not the same as yours (I do feel like I'm repeating myself here!!!)

Luso-brasileiro

Cajamar, SP

Moves
18 Mar 07

Didi (Botafogo) and Gerson (São Paulo) - Brazilians.

Dunga? Hmm... I don´t like his 'Terminator' style.

J

Moves
24 Mar 07

momo sissoko come on the guys a tank-and when have you seen him with cramp. makelele is a close second choice but age is against him

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
02 Apr 07

Originally posted by John911
momo sissoko come on the guys a tank-and when have you seen him with cramp. makelele is a close second choice but age is against him
Sissoko's only been around for 5 minutes buddy - get real!